TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Should we just assume that the playground section of Happy Harbor at Sea World's time is limited at this point?

It's going to be removed, along with the boat and water play area when it transforms into Sesame Street. The rest of the rides will be staying and at least one new flat ride added.

Dead inside.

Yeah I mean that net structure at SeaWorld is kind of crazy, there are some steep sections that are kind of hard to navigate for kids and overall it is kind of dated but the trails at Busch Gardens are so simple and fun that I don't really get why they're being closed.

Budget, Like DarKastle

Budget, Like DarKastle

Okay, I get that they would cut a multi-sensory, everything-that-can-break-down-will, immersive dark ride for budgetary reasons, but something as simple as a freestanding net structure / adventure fort? I don't get it. One of the whole points of that sort of attraction is that it doesn't have to be staffed as heavily as a dark ride either. SeaWorld's is old, I get that, but Sesame Place replaced their old structure with a new one for Cookie's Monster Land.

Jungala is probably the worst "dead-end" of the park- barely ever see anyone in there, the nets are kinda moldy...

If Busch Gardens hasn't been maintaining it, that's unfortunate. I've met the team that designed the Treetop Trails and they've been really proud of it.

Scorpion and Cobra's Curse still exist, those are the best of the best when it comes to family coasters IMO.

Reasonable argument, Sand Serpent too. But there now really isn't anything for the 36" - 41" height bracket apart from Air Grover, which itself is 38". Even then, the coasters with 42" restrictions all have elements that may seem scary for children of a younger age (hairpins, loop, spinning, large drops), and may turn them off (EDIT: Sand Serpent is actually 46"!).

Budget, Like DarKastle

Okay, I get that they would cut a multi-sensory, everything-that-can-break-down-will, immersive dark ride for budgetary reasons, but something as simple as a freestanding net structure / adventure fort? I don't get it. One of the whole points of that sort of attraction is that it doesn't have to be staffed as heavily as a dark ride either. SeaWorld's is old, I get that, but Sesame Place replaced their old structure with a new one for Cookie's Monster Land.

They closed Tidal Wave. How many people did it take to run that?

They closed Curiosity Caverns and most likely still kept the animals and temporarily closed Jambo Junction

Busch Gardens has really been treated like a dying mall. Look at all that is SBNO in the last few years and still is

- Theater by Zagora Cafe

- Gwazi

- Rhino Rally

- Terrace Restaurant

- Bird Gardens Gift Shop

- Tidal Wave

- Curiosity Caverns/ Jambo Junction

- Questor

- Jungle Flyers

- Wild Surge

- Treetop Trails

Since 2012, They've added Falcon's Fury and Cobra's Curse

Budget, Like DarKastle

They closed Curiosity Caverns and most likely still kept the animals and temporarily closed Jambo Junction

Busch Gardens has really been treated like a dying mall. Look at all that is SBNO in the last few years and still is

- Theater by Zagora Cafe

- Gwazi

- Rhino Rally

- Terrace Restaurant

- Bird Gardens Gift Shop

- Tidal Wave

- Questor

- Jungle Flyers

- Wild Surge

- Treetop Trails

So sad when you put it like that

- Theater by Zagora Cafe

- Gwazi

- Rhino Rally

- Terrace Restaurant

- Bird Gardens Gift Shop

- Tidal Wave

- Questor

- Jungle Flyers

- Wild Surge

- Treetop Trails

You forgot to add Orang Cafe in Jungala (forgot when it closed).

Jambo Junction has reopened, but is Animal Connections now.

isn't the Terrace restaurant the Serengetti Overlook?

if so, it was simply re-named/re-themed and is open both on 2nd floor (pub/fast food) and 3rd (sit down service/buffet).

we ate there when we went in mid 2016 and loved it.

This is so sad. Almost half of the "smaller details" areas of the park that made this my favorite park in FL are gone in the last few years. It's completely regressed from a fantastic multi-day park to... a one day park with less appeal.. And their Food and Wine festival has such an incredible concert line up this year too. Really hate to see SeaWorld parks having such issues.

Edited by BlahBlahson

Who would've thought that going from a Privately owned company to a public company would've been bad. Apart from Six Flags and Cedar Fair, The stock market has been great for theme parks. How much do you wanna bet that these shuttered things are because they don't want to pay to remove them?

Also, what's sadder?

- Kennywood is adding more this year than Busch Gardens Tampa has since 2013 (4/2)

- Six Flags America has added more non-relocated,amusement rides than Busch Gardens Tampa since 2013 (3/2)

I bring these 2 parks up not because they are worse than Busch Gardens Tampa but because they most likely make less money a year, charge less, and have less attendance than Busch Gardens Tampa.

The only good part of this...

Six Flags Florida?

Well...On to the Food & Wine Festival which begins March 3rd and runs through April 29, with a preview on Friday March 2nd.

Busch Gardens Tampa 2018 Food & Wine Festival

TAMPA BAY'S FAVORITE SPRING FESTIVAL

Weekends March 3 - April 29, a world of taste awaits at the fourth annual Food & Wine Festival.

The festival features signature dishes along with exciting new cuisine, including 16 all-new dishes plus a large selection of wines, craft brews and cocktails. Eighteen of the biggest acts in musical entertainment will take the stage every weekend on Gwazi Field.

All concerts are included with any Annual Pass, Fun Card or daily admission to the park. Food and beverage is not included with park admission and is available for an extra fee. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages.

*Event dates & details subject to change and/or cancellation without prior notice

Concert Lineup:

27545477_10212759952768066_6373462134923831082_n.jpg.a1ac4c0a10ed7551d0045d2fddffb489.jpg

Preview (Friday March 2nd):

fwpreview.JPG.e00ad54a0786ba112eea0720355fda89.JPG

Family of 5 coming to BGT from MO so this might be a one and done trip for my family. We'd like to do everything and would hate to miss something because the lines were too long. We'll be there at the opening and leave at close. We're coming March 30, which is Good Friday. I suspect most schools are off.

Crowds? Willing to buck up for the limited QQ option. Or would Thursday be better? Longer hours on friday which is why we chose friday. Thanks

Quick Queue Unlimited is pretty reasonable at Busch Tampa. You won't "need" it to ride everything, but it's guaranteed to help you on Stanley Falls and Cheetah Hunt and is likely to help you on other rides too (mainly Falcon's Fury, Scorpion and Cobra's Curse).

Thursday will be slightly less busy but even then you might want to spring for it depending on your tolerance for waiting in line / desire for re-rides. That said, my strategy for Busch Tampa is to always pick the day of my visit based on which day will have better weather. It's the worst of the major Florida parks in the rain by a mile. They don't have a single indoor ride (unless you could the carousel I guess). If the weather looks great both days, go Thursday if you're trying to avoid buying Quick Queue, go Friday if you think you'll end up buying it since you get an extra hour of park time.

That day is part of Spring Break, meaning higher crowd levels, Easter Sunday in particular is one of the absolute busiest days of the year for all parks in FL.

Spring for the QQ Unlimited. It will absolutely be useful for Cheetah Hunt, Log Flume, Cobra's Curse, Scorpion and save a lot of time on Congo Rapids. It will probably help with Sheikra, Montu, and Sand Serpent as well.

Hello all, I'm visiting the park this Friday. Other than the coasters and Falcon's Fury, are there any other attractions I should be sure not to miss? Thanks!

Not to be a Coasterbill, but the skyride and the flume are must-rides. The skyride saves you some walking and gives off an awesome view of the animal habitats, and the flume is just straight up fun. Enjoy your trip!

Hello all, I'm visiting the park this Friday. Other than the coasters and Falcon's Fury, are there any other attractions I should be sure not to miss? Thanks!

Not to be a Coasterbill, but the skyride and the flume are must-rides. The skyride saves you some walking and gives off an awesome view of the animal habitats, and the flume is just straight up fun. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for saving me the trouble. Good work.

Also, ride the train from Nairobi (sort of between Cheetah Hunt and Pantopia) to the Congo (sort of near Kumba). Going that way means you go by the animals on the Serengeti plain, plus it saves you a ton of walking.

PS: Actually, the flume is down for refurb. Scratch that.

Thanks for saving me the trouble. Good work.

Also, ride the train from Nairobi (sort of between Cheetah Hunt and Pantopia) to the Congo (sort of near Kumba). Going that way means you go by the animals on the Serengeti plain, plus it saves you a ton of walking.

PS: Actually, the flume is down for refurb. Scratch that.

Is the flume down for Rehab or SeaWorld Rehab cause there's a difference.

Rehab- Ride's broken and needs to get fixed

SeaWorld Rehab- Close a ride for 2-3 weeks/months for budget but say it's rehab