WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 172 . Slinky Dog Dash Complete POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:02 am

Just the name "Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway" sounds adorable, but then the storyline? :mickey: :lover:

The Star Wars resort sounds amazing. I'm keen on seeing pictures of the final product.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:33 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:I am so excited for both of these experiences! The Train Ride can be really cool, but we don't know what technology it will use yet. There's rumors, but nothing concrete yet....

The best rumors and info.I have found out/read about this....is that the ride will use trackless vehicles.
And soon along the way, the train cars "detach" them self from Goofy and the main engine,
and each other, and start a journey/adventure something like Mystic Manor at HKDL.

This is the best rumors/information I've read, and would like to think this is how it's going to be done. For now.

:mickey:

P.S. Two (supposed) trackless vehicle attractions opening in the same year at the same park?

:airtime: :airtimer:

EDIT: And the art concept shows only three train "cars" there, attached to Goofy's engine. I assumed there would be
at least four or more train cars for each group of guests riding along? Time will tell.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:27 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:17 pm

coasterer22 wrote:
The opportunity for immersion at this resort will also stand out among all Disney resorts around the globe, as it will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, allowing guests a total Star Wars experience.

Will be interesting to see how this resort will be "seamlessly connected" to Galaxy Edge.

Your permission to spend the night inside of DHS is loaded into your Magic Band and security won’t kick you out at night.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:39 pm

I think it would be cool, if the hotel had some kind of family "Retro Screening Theater",
that shows old OLD "ancient" Disney films...which of course, are all current year movies of Disney/Pixar. :wink:

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:17 pm

^But, we (2018 Earth) are in the future... And in a different Galaxy.

So, if they were to do it, it would make no sense, thematically. lol

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:34 pm

^ Oh well, it was worth a try, hmm? :wink:

I donut like this custom title :(

Postby yay101 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:41 am

I'm not complaining or anything because they both look very good! But Disney parks do have a good amount of rides themed after trains :lol: .
Favourite Coaster: SkyRush
Other Favourites: Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, Blue Streak (CP), Voyage, Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot, Phoenix, Goliath (SFGAm), Storm Runner, Raptor (CP), and Magnum XL-200

KD's Shockwave>KD's Delirium

If Magnum XL-200 dies we riot

May the force of Hello Kitty be with you

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:32 am

I'm looking forward to the new Mickey and Minnie ride. Looks like the Studios is going to be THE park at WDW next year (much as Animal Kingdom was when Pandora opened).

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby DBJ » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:51 pm

If the hotel is "seamless", wouldn't that mean there would be some kind of transport hub between the hotel and Star Wars Land? Like Hogwart's Express?
DHS will be the park after SW land joins the line-up. From a CA perspective, I hope they blow up part of Toon Town to fit in the M&M attraction.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:24 pm

^^I'm super Curious to see how much attendance switches to Hollywood Studios in 2019, and 2020 when SWL opens. I'm certain it will stay ahead of Universal and overtake Epcot and DAK for second place in the area, and I wonder if it can soar even higher than TDL or up towards Disneyland.

With the extreme length of time it's been since Disney updated this park it will also be interesting to see if rides like Rockin' and ToTT still have long waits or if everyone just swamps the 4 big new rides.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!