Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 913 - Copperhead Strike Roller Coaster for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby bgtlover » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:35 pm

I don't believe Carowinds (or CF for that matter) are going to go with a launched RMC anytime soon. With it being relatively close to Dollywood, I don't see the point (same with a Wing Coaster). I could see them going with Gerstlauer (launched Infinity), Premier or Mack who seem to be more reliable as of late. And of course who wouldn't want an Intamin Blitz (my preference for a launch)? I guess we'll find out in the next few months what's coming when the signs are more telling. Still believe however this will be GCI.
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:09 am

Well, they got a inverted coaster and a hyper and six flags is close as well . . .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Crosshairs007 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:41 pm

I'm thinking that Carowind's next coaster is either a GCI or a dive coaster.
Coaster Counter: 46 Parks Counter: 6
Steel:38
Wood:8

I Love Donkeys!

Postby MiningForGold » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:13 pm

1. I don’t think Hurler is getting RMC’d anytime soon. The KD one was because it was in terrible shape and was in a dead area of the park. Carowinds’s is relatively smooth and provides a solid family coaster experience.

2. If this is a 2019 project it will probably be either a GCI or a raptor. With a dive being all but confirmed for Canada’s Wodnerland, Cedar Fair would likely build something less expensive in the same year (plus with Kanonen possibly coming to Dorney too, idk). And it would be a great fit. They need a really good woodie now that Thunder Road passed on.
Jim Reid Anderson’s daddy.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:54 pm

www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/02/12/carowinds-plans-development-on-northeast-side-of.html?ana=TRUEANTHEMTWT_CH&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5a81f2474b7385000723c789&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Could the permit be for a hotel?

Carowinds plans development on northeast side of park
By Ashley Fahey – Staff Writer, Charlotte Business Journal
Feb 12, 2018, 2:17pm EST Updated Feb 12, 2018, 2:25pm

The amusement park will begin construction on a five-floor, 130-room SpringHill Suites by Marriott hotel this spring on the northeast corner of Carowinds.
Last edited by larrygator on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:24 pm.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bgtlover » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Yes there will be a hotel (whether or not the permit on the page before is for this or not, I'm not sure of).
From that article:
Carowinds will soon begin site work to make way for a development on at least part of the land it rezoned last year.

The amusement park confirmed it will begin construction on a five-floor, 130-room SpringHill Suites by Marriott hotel this spring on the northeast corner of Carowinds. The Charlotte Business Journal previously reported that the 24.2-acre parcel at 14523 Carowinds Blvd., which Carowinds rezoned last year, was pegged for a SpringHill Suites hotel.

Expected to break ground by the end of March, the hotel will be owned and operated by Carowinds as a Marriott franchise. It's the first hotel that Carowinds will develop, though its parent company, Cedar Fair Entertainment Co. (NYSE: FUN) out of Sandusky, Ohio, owns four hotels elsewhere.

The hotel will include suites as well as a pool, fitness center, small bar and an outdoor seating area with a fire pit, according to Lisa Stryker, director of communications at Carowinds. The SpringHill Suites is expected to open in the summer of 2019.

Stryker said there are no other confirmed plans for the remainder of the site and that Carowinds is "always considering the best use of land." Cedar Fair acquired the land in 2011 for $810,000. A conventional rezoning request last year rezoned the land to a light industrial zoning designation that permits a wide range of commercial uses.
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:32 pm

A new hotel and a floorless conversion of Vortex in 2019. Nice!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby pproteinc » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Vortex is not getting converted. Geez let it go.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:06 am

pproteinc wrote:Vortex is not getting converted. Geez let it go.

And you know this how? Did the dipping dots guy give you some inside knowledge? Dude, Cedar Fair has been on a mission to rid themselves of stand up coasters. Common sense should tell you the last one is getting it too.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:18 am

I am 100% for Vortex getting converted because it would go from a terrible coaster to a moderately fun ride.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!