TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (SEAS) Corporate Thread

... well that didn't take long.

I guess they came to their senses.

I'm just picturing this all going down in one hours time. Someone from management showed your post on TPR to upper management and after realizing how dumb they are called up the web designers in a tizzy yelling at them to change it immediately because the company is dumb. You just saved SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment!! (well maybe for one more year anyway... )

Be an every day heerrrooooooooo! Hope they send you a free membership! >.<

You laugh, but I've legit gotten some weird emails in my life from parks for things I've said online. Nothing, and I mean nothing, would surprise me.

A low-tier membership seems to be a worse deal than a low-tier pass ever was. I'd rather have summer Saturdays than random December weekdays, as someone who, when he had a Fun Card last year, on nice enough summer Saturdays, would drive past KD to go to BGW, or visit SFA after running errands in the DC area. KD, I mostly went to on weeknights.

*looks it up*

Well, they still have the Fun Card. I might go with that again if it doesn't have blackouts. Now if they phase that out, the basic membership will be more expensive for me than the unlimited unless I can somehow go on non-blackout dates. 2019, I have my Florida trip planned so I might as well go premier that year.

Fun Card: $105 pass, $16 parking

vs.

Basic: $120 pass, $8 parking, extra $25 for going on a blackout date like a summer Saturday

vs.

Unlimited Membership: $180 pass, free parking, no blackout dates

I'll also point this out too: Kings Dominion has invested heavily in kids areas and family rides. Busch Gardens Williamsburg is building coasters and removing major rides with lower height requirements. Did everyone forget that whole talking point of "families spend more money than teenagers that ride coasters" that kept being repeated for years and years? Or are we just gonna pretend none of that ever happened?

They're primarily competing against themselves and stuff like "buying Mach Tower" and "never promoting Tempesto".

Losing a ride with a lower minimum height for one with a higher minimum, this is just one reason why I think Verbolten wasn't the best idea - the massive price tag being another. Still a better drop ride than Mach Tower, I guess.

A low-tier membership seems to be a worse deal than a low-tier pass ever was. I'd rather have summer Saturdays than random December weekdays, as someone who, when he had a Fun Card last year, on nice enough summer Saturdays, would drive past KD to go to BGW, or visit SFA after running errands in the DC area. KD, I mostly went to on weeknights.

*looks it up*

Well, they still have the Fun Card. I might go with that again if it doesn't have blackouts. Now if they phase that out, the basic membership will be more expensive for me than the unlimited unless I can somehow go on non-blackout dates. 2019, I have my Florida trip planned so I might as well go premier that year.

Fun Card: $105 pass, $16 parking

vs.

Basic: $120 pass, $8 parking, extra $25 for going on a blackout date like a summer Saturday

vs.

Unlimited Membership: $180 pass, free parking, no blackout dates

I'll also point this out too: Kings Dominion has invested heavily in kids areas and family rides. Busch Gardens Williamsburg is building coasters and removing major rides with lower height requirements. Did everyone forget that whole talking point of "families spend more money than teenagers that ride coasters" that kept being repeated for years and years? Or are we just gonna pretend none of that ever happened?

They're primarily competing against themselves and stuff like "buying Mach Tower" and "never promoting Tempesto".

Losing a ride with a lower minimum height for one with a higher minimum, this is just one reason why I think Verbolten wasn't the best idea - the massive price tag being another. Still a better drop ride than Mach Tower, I guess.

They also spent slightly less (46/40) on Antarctica

Then announcing a new coaster a year before it opens (Invadr)

And does anyone think Infinity Falls will open before Memorial Day? I've heard zero news regarding construction. Congrats, they're on the Six Flags building timeframe.

And does anyone think Infinity Falls will open before Memorial Day? I've heard zero news regarding construction. Congrats, they're on the Six Flags building timeframe.

I've heard it is moving pretty slowly - there was a construction update on Screamscape where they've got some trenches dug and have some concrete going up. Maybe it'll take off soon? Otherwise they'll be lucky to open by July 4.

In regard to Tidal Wave, Isn't the new Flume ride that Lowery Zoo building pretty similar with an extended float before the drop with animal displays as part of that? If Tidal Wave needed some major rehab, why with a similar new product alreasy coming. They should go get a Mack Power Splash instead for replacement sooner than later.

In regard to Tidal Wave, Isn't the new Flume ride that Lowery Zoo building pretty similar with an extended float before the drop with animal displays as part of that? If Tidal Wave needed some major rehab, why with a similar new product alreasy coming. They should go get a Mack Power Splash instead for replacement sooner than later.

Assuming they have money next year. I almost think we should do a poll of what will be SBNO next year. I'd guess Congo Rapids, Land of the Dragons, or Whatever Europe In the Air VR is being called. It'll be interesting if Busch raises their prices with WDW supposedly doing so.

^Gate Price at BGT was already raised to $104.99 this year ($89.99 online). I know there are a lot of people complaining about it. Well maybe a few. I'm still on the EZ pay price from 2010 so I'm good...lol

[attachment=0]bgtgateonline.JPG[/attachment]

Hate to sound like a jerk but at $90/ $105, The park should have more things opened instead of shuttered.

^There also currently no Florida resident deals on daily tickets either. They may introduce those later on by summer if they do this year. If I weren't already a pass member, then I likely wouldn't be paying that much for one day either.

^ Just another case of where the Fake News Media has destroyed something everyone found fun to push their liberal agenda. Oh and that movie first aired on CNN the fakest of fake news that should tell you how truthful it is

^ Sorry but its true, the downfall of Sea World started with that fake movie from CNN

Ironically released around the time the company went public.

I'm not a big conspiracy theory buff but I truely think that if SeaWorld never went public, The movie wouldn't have been officially released or gotten the attention.

Compared to a Whale park in Canada that may or may not have a 4 looping Arrow coaster that may or may not illegally bury dead animals in backstage areas that was able to stop a documentary about them from being built.

^ Please save the political rants for some other political site, not on this site for coasters, amusement parks, and fun. I don't think anyone wants that here.

Please do not "backseat moderate" our forums and tell people what they can and cannot post. That is NOT up to you to decide. This will be your only warning.

Someone should let OSHA know Dawn Brancheau never actually died. That would probably go a long ways in fixing everything.

Yes, it was awful that Dawn died in that accident but people are acting like everyone that ever worked with a trained, domesticated Killer Whale was in great danger. If only the public was as outraged about the mass number of automobile fatalities in this country and world as they are about these particular 21 whales then maybe society could actually get somewhere and advance. After all, trainers made a choice to get in the water with these whales that they loved, the public does not have a choice but to drive an automobile.

Someone should let OSHA know Dawn Brancheau never actually died. That would probably go a long ways in fixing everything.

Yes, it was awful that Dawn died in that accident but people are acting like everyone that ever worked with a trained, domesticated Killer Whale was in great danger. If only the public was as outraged about the mass number of automobile fatalities in this country and world as they are about these particular 21 whales then maybe society could actually get somewhere and advance. After all, trainers made a choice to get in the water with these whales that they loved, the public does not have a choice but to drive an automobile.

Yes, it was awful that Dawn died in that accident but people are acting like everyone that ever worked with a trained, domesticated Killer Whale was in great danger.

Imagine that there was a piece of equipment your wife, partner, or mother worked with had killed people in the past. Their employer limited the information about that in order to get them to use the equipment, and it wound up malfunctioning, leading to their death. Do you think you'd make comparisons to automobile fatalities and chalk it up as bad luck?

the public does not have a choice but to drive an automobile.

Actually, it does. Lots of people don't drive their own cars, especially in the few cities with real public transit. If you buy a car that is defective in such a manner that someone is maimed or killed, there's liability for the manufacturer. There's also liability for construction companies that they construct roads and signage in an appropriate fashion that it doesn't fall on your vehicle, that guardrails don't have systemic failures that lead to them impaling your car and you, or that your car rides on pavement that isn't complete garbage intended to defraud tax payers.

• 2 weeks later...

Joel Manby is out!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/g00/business/tourism/os-bz-seaworld-earnings-20180227-story.html

After promising a rebound but struggling to overcome declining attendance, SeaWorld Entertainment CEO Joel Manby is leaving the company.

The leadership change was announced Tuesday after the company has faced declining revenue and public perception issues from the anti-captivity documentary “Blackfish.”

Manby “agreed that this is the right time to identify a new CEO as the Company enters its next phase of intensified focus on execution and growth,” the company said in a press release Tuesday.

Manby has led the company since 2015.

Attendance dropped nearly 3 percent in the fourth quarter compared to the same time in 2016, according to the latest earnings report released Tuesday.

Fourth quarter total revenues were $265.5 million, a drop from $267.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2016. Net loss was $20.4 million, the company said.

Manby is eligible for a severance benefits, an amount that was not detailed in a new SEC filing.

Replacing Manby as interim CEO will be the Chief Parks Operations Officer, John T. Reilly, 49, whose career includes working as park president of SeaWorld San Diego from 2010 until April 2016. His new compensation will include a $30,000 raise, according to Tuesday’s SEC filing.

Manby and Reilly would not be available for comment Tuesday, SeaWorld spokesman Travis Claytor said.

Joel Manby is out!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/g00/business/tourism/os-bz-seaworld-earnings-20180227-story.html

After promising a rebound but struggling to overcome declining attendance, SeaWorld Entertainment CEO Joel Manby is leaving the company.

The leadership change was announced Tuesday after the company has faced declining revenue and public perception issues from the anti-captivity documentary “Blackfish.”

Manby “agreed that this is the right time to identify a new CEO as the Company enters its next phase of intensified focus on execution and growth,” the company said in a press release Tuesday.

Manby has led the company since 2015.

Attendance dropped nearly 3 percent in the fourth quarter compared to the same time in 2016, according to the latest earnings report released Tuesday.

Fourth quarter total revenues were $265.5 million, a drop from $267.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2016. Net loss was $20.4 million, the company said.

Manby is eligible for a severance benefits, an amount that was not detailed in a new SEC filing.

Replacing Manby as interim CEO will be the Chief Parks Operations Officer, John T. Reilly, 49, whose career includes working as park president of SeaWorld San Diego from 2010 until April 2016. His new compensation will include a $30,000 raise, according to Tuesday’s SEC filing.

Manby and Reilly would not be available for comment Tuesday, SeaWorld spokesman Travis Claytor said.

Kind of figured this would happen now that China's Zhonghong Zhuoye Group Co. acquired a 21 percent stake in SeaWorld Entertainment Inc and is now the largest shareholder. Reilly will probably be there long enough until the Chinese firm puts one of their own in charge. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. But seriously, I don't care who's in charge, I just want the company to rebound...Hopefully all this is a good thing.