Movie Park Germany Discussion Thread

P. 35: Mystery River to get a completely new theme
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Movie Park Germany Discussion Thread

Postby funtime_arena » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:55 am

Here some nice impressions of the Halloween Horror Fest 2017

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby JordyC » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:47 am

Movie Park Germany renews Mystery River

250118runde5.jpg

Movie Park Germany will give their rapid river Mystery River a new theme. Next season, the 1996 attraction will be dominated by King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. Wizard Merlin sends visitors on a quest for the legendary sword Excalibur.

"This is one of the oldest and most popular attractions in our park", says director Thorsten Backhaus. "We want to give this veteran the pride it deserves and therefore give it a fresh upgrade, including a new name." Mystery River is now called Excalibur - Secrets of the Dark Forest.

The ride consists of "dangerous maneuvers through enchanted forests and dark caves". Backhaus: "Every part of the attraction will get new decorations, but the layout remains the same."

The renovation has been planned for more than six years. Until now, however, there was no budget for it. For the metamorphosis, Movie Park works together with a number of well-known names in the theme park industry: the Dutch Leisure Expert Group, the German media companies IMAscore and IMAmedia and the Danish company Tema Design, part of MK Illumination.

Mystery River opened in 1996 as "Die Unendliche Geschichte", based on the movie The NeverEnding Story. When Warner Bros. Movie World was renamed Movie Park in 2005, the movie license disappeared and the attraction had to be adapted. As a cheap and quick solution they chose for cheap dolls of dwarfs, trolls and witches.

250118runde1.jpg

250118runde3.jpg

250118runde4.jpg

250118runde2.jpg

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 173 || Parks: 34

Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Python 2.0 || Phantasialand || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Dombot » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:14 am

Looks nice! Always cool to see parks giving new life to old rides.

And holy crap, how awesome does that serpent animatronic in the last picture look?! :b
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:21 am

Am I the only one who held out hope for bringing back the Neverending Story theme!!??

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:28 am

The old Mystery River was just plain odd. I'm glad the park is going to freshen it up. But will there be fire?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:04 pm

SharkTums wrote:Am I the only one who held out hope for bringing back the Neverending Story theme!!??

I would have loved that theme 1000% more.

Ignore this post, I'm probably drunk

Postby Vtafro » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:22 pm

Great to hear, the ride itself was pretty fun, but definitely could use a new theme.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby ElvisLuv » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:10 am

SharkTums wrote:Am I the only one who held out hope for bringing back the Neverending Story theme!!??

Isn't it about time that Movie gets remade?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby The tourist » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:06 am

It was a fantastic attraction together with the bermuda triangle, lethal weapon, wild wild west, looney toones and eraser etc.

I had a subscription in that good old time (2003).

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:20 am

ElvisLuv wrote:

Isn't it about time that Movie gets remade?

Probably!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!