Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1192: New entertainment offerings coming for 2018 season!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby Raven Maven » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:47 pm

^ I'd suggested that same display a number of years ago! I was voted down, though ... for fear people would recognize their nasty old smashed phone and want to claim it. :(
Paula Werne
Holiday World Communications
HoliBlog, Facebook & HoliTwit

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:50 pm

^ :shockr: Hard to believe, but I wouldn't put it past some people to try that.

I suppose "Non-Returnable" could be put on front of the box, to avoid that problem? :wink:

Also, you don't put "the new ones" into the box, until the following week.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Apollo von Sol wrote:Hello Paula,

Just saw your video update on Facebook of your work on the Voyage. As a deaf person, I just wanted to say thanks to Holiday World for your efforts to subtitle the video, it makes a world of difference to me to be able to understand what's being said in the video and that it didn't go unnoticed. Not many companies today subtitle their videos due to the additional work required. I actually visited Holiday World from Minnesota for my Bachelor's party for the first time this year with three other deaf friends and we were pleasantly surprised to see someone who knew sign language at guest service and they were very friendly to us! You made our trip very memorable for us and we enjoyed your park, the Voyage became my #1 wooden roller coaster! Thanks again for your fantastic customer service in and out of the park!

:nina:

Postby prozach626 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:17 am

Nrthwnd wrote:I still get a kick out of how they handled telling riders about not carrying loose items on Coaster....

I believe Diamondback at King's Island still has a display like this.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:02 am

Roar-o-saurus and Mine Blower both have boxes of smashed devices too. Roar-o-saurus takes it a step further and they have a white board tallying what has been lost on a given day and the entire season.

Back to Holiday World, I'm excited to see Voyage is getting some more track work. The ride was just the right amount of aggressive before it became uncomfortable.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventure City & Knott's Berry Farm

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby bluestreak » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 am

prozach626 wrote:
Nrthwnd wrote:I still get a kick out of how they handled telling riders about not carrying loose items on Coaster....

I believe Diamondback at King's Island still has a display like this.

Yes but they haven't added or taken away from it in years. There's still blackberries in there :lol:
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Postby prozach626 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:34 pm

^Lol

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby flagrockerthegreat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:27 am

Ah, i have been to Holiday World ever sense The Voyage was built. When i was a youngin My first roller coaster was The Raven. I enjoy my visits to holiday world, I missed out on going this year due to my Voyage addiction i have now. Would love to come back again.
Cannonball Run Menace, 112 rides and counting! :br

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:52 am

RWS Entertainment Group has sent us a press release announcing the development of new entertainment offerings for the 2018 season at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari!

RWS Entertainment Group (RWS), a New York City based full-service production company that creates award-winning custom entertainment, live events, and branded experiences worldwide, announced today that it will cast and produce an entirely new entertainment line-up for Holiday World & Splashin' Safari in Santa Claus, Indiana. The announcement was made by Ryan Stana, CEO and Founder of RWS Entertainment Group.

Drawing from its vast reach within the New York City entertainment industry, RWS will bring Broadway-caliber productions to Santa Claus, Indiana, assembling its accomplished team of directors and choreographers from the Great White Way to create a fresh and modern show package for the 2018 season. Holiday World has won numerous industry awards and continues to innovate its attractions, experiences, and entertainment, and this brand-new partnership with RWS will make Holiday World’s entertainment a must-see in the park this year.

The new package will include a gravity-defying stunt show and a dazzling night time musical spectacular for young and old alike. Guests will spend their days enjoying strolling entertainment featuring awe-inspiring acrobatics, singing, dancing, a strolling band, amazing illusions, and even an interactive DJ experience. Together, Holiday World and RWS will raise the experience for all guests to enjoy a whole new level of joy and merriment, and for all talent to perform in a cutting-edge, awards-caliber package.

“RWS has a history of producing innovative, top-of-the-line entertainment for our clients around the world and we’re looking forward to partnering with Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari to continue our tradition of creating shows that leave a lasting impact on audiences,” said Ryan Stana, CEO of RWS Entertainment Group. “We encourage all performers to not miss this opportunity to be a part of something new, and join the RWS family. We’re incredibly supportive, and have an extended network of alumni performing on Broadway, acting in films and on TV, and traveling the world performing on cruise lines. We always welcome the opportunity to grow our team.”

Auditions for all interested performers are set for February 17, 2018. Audition details and preparation information will be announced via the RWS website in mid-December.

RWS Entertainment Group is an Emmy Award-winning, New York-based live entertainment production company that creates custom entertainment, live events and branded experiences for top resorts, cruise lines and theme parks. In 2015, RWS opened the largest facility of its kind in New York City - a 40,000 sq. ft. studio and office complex that houses three large rehearsal studios, vocal rooms, wardrobe and casting departments along with an in-house design lab. In 2016, RWS acquired Broadway, film, television and commercial casting firm, Binder Casting, further expanding RWS’ services. In 2017, RWS announced global expansion with an emphasis on business growth in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ratdogg68 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:08 am

Interesting, Holiday World is stepping up their entertainment. Sounds like they"re starting their own end of night spectacular. Looking forward to see what all they will offer.
Let the Riding begin

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!