TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shanghai Polar Ocean World Construction

About time this interesting looking park had its own thread.

Polar Ocean World is a new park just to the east of Shanghai that is due to open either late this year or early next year.

With some pretty heavy themeing and a marine park design although almost nothing is known about ride details at all.

Here is some early concept art.

Polarx1.thumb.jpg.fc9975e848c460119a8ccba7a3db6c66.jpg

Polarx5.thumb.jpg.f0c91ea50827e329716fd41cd323d73b.jpg

Polarx6.thumb.jpg.a7239af2ddfaee2a771d7b11dd3da2c6.jpg

Construction has been on going for a while now and the park is getting pretty advanced.

Polarx7.thumb.jpg.ef69bbc1447c6a0d9e25f8977e6152ae.jpg

But most excitingly in the last month or so an Intamin LSM coaster has started going up on site. A ride that for once almost nothing is known about. Always love seeing a new ride go up without knowing its layout in advance. Although as this is China I half expect the next pictures to appear to be of the complete ride.

Polarx8.thumb.jpg.5e4741cad54657f9a4eddafb3faa983a.jpg

Polarx9.thumb.jpg.2b337c078f50a96381541e8e4eadeb99.jpg

Source of pics

Shanghai is already a great city to visit for any Enthusiast but an Intamin launched coaster is a nice cherry on the Disney cake with Mega-Lite icing.

More on this interesting looking ride when it appears.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know how I missed this one!! Looks like it's going to be an amazing park. From the pictures it seems like they are getting a B&M Dive Machine, and a B&M Family invert too!!

Shanghai is quickly rising on our list of "must visit places."

Looking forward to seeing more of this project!

Shanghai is a must visit place regardless of any theme parks. It is truly one of the most impressive cities I have ever seen. However, I did go 15 years ago when the air pollution was not as bad. I recently visited Seoul, South Korea (another lovely city) but it was very depressing to endure the smog. This park looks awesome with potentially incredible theming and an Intamin under construction, but honestly I would rather they slow down all this overdevelopment...