Shanghai Polar Ocean World Construction

Intamin LSM Coaster Goes Vertical
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Shanghai Polar Ocean World Construction

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:56 pm

About time this interesting looking park had its own thread.
Polar Ocean World is a new park just to the east of Shanghai that is due to open either late this year or early next year.
With some pretty heavy themeing and a marine park design although almost nothing is known about ride details at all.

Here is some early concept art.
Polarx1.jpg

Polarx5.jpg

Polarx6.jpg

Construction has been on going for a while now and the park is getting pretty advanced.
Polarx7.jpg

But most excitingly in the last month or so an Intamin LSM coaster has started going up on site. A ride that for once almost nothing is known about. Always love seeing a new ride go up without knowing its layout in advance. Although as this is China I half expect the next pictures to appear to be of the complete ride.

Polarx8.jpg

Polarx9.jpg

Source of pics

Shanghai is already a great city to visit for any Enthusiast but an Intamin launched coaster is a nice cherry on the Disney cake with Mega-Lite icing.
More on this interesting looking ride when it appears.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Shanghai Polar Ocean World Construction

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:20 am

Don't know how I missed this one!! Looks like it's going to be an amazing park. From the pictures it seems like they are getting a B&M Dive Machine, and a B&M Family invert too!!

Shanghai is quickly rising on our list of "must visit places."

Looking forward to seeing more of this project!
Bigger is not always better.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby jonskinny12 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:26 pm

Really hard to tell much from concept art but it looks like it could be a pretty cool park! I doubt I'll ever make it to Shanghai but I'm glad they're getting this park.

Also, Gutterflower, I love your avatar. :lol:

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby p-sychiatrist » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:18 am

Shanghai is a must visit place regardless of any theme parks. It is truly one of the most impressive cities I have ever seen. However, I did go 15 years ago when the air pollution was not as bad. I recently visited Seoul, South Korea (another lovely city) but it was very depressing to endure the smog. This park looks awesome with potentially incredible theming and an Intamin under construction, but honestly I would rather they slow down all this overdevelopment...
TOP PARKS: Knoebels, Disneyland, Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Island
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, X2, T-Express
TOP DARK RIDES: Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Spider-Man, Haunted Mansion (DL)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Wow! This park looks amazing.

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!