TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Quick Trip report: Fiesta Texas, 12/26/17

Very nice photos! Getting really excited to get back to this park for the first time since '04. Plenty of new things, including Wonder Woman, Iron Rattler, and Thunder River!

you mean "Gully Washer"

if 1st time since 2004, you'll have LOTS of new stuff: Batman, Skyscreamer, Goliath, the new Boardwalk rides (Fireball, Spinsanity, Hurricane Force 5), and probably even Pandemonium. . or was that one there already as Tony Hawk?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your mention of the ride dispatch times on Iron rattler makes me smile, because I found that to be the same the same day you and I were there 3 weeks ago.

It seemed to me that the "quieter" the ride was, the more time it took for them to load and dispatch the train. I wouldn't have minded quite so much if it weren't for the fact that on most of the dispatches, personal conversations between the ride attendants took priority over the ride itself.

Ho hum!

I didn't remember you saying that in your trip report, but now that you say it, I DO recall.. so yeah, 3 weeks later, same dispatch issues.

luckily not much of a line, so not too much of an effect, and as noted, in scheme of things not that big a deal. but was noticeable on IR only.

Yay, you made the email list with your TR!! Now that you’re famous just don’t forget about your fans who have cheered you on from the very beginning when you were basically unknown. LOL! Great report as always. Those Xmas trees are super creepy and IR looks awesome. Do you (or someone else) know if that Superman is the same thing as Medusa/Bizarro at SFGAdv?

Wonder Woman looks more like a strange work of modern art than it does a roller coaster. I love it!

I thought the same thing! An interesting looking coaster for sure. If it rides half as cool as it looks it’ll be a heck of a ride.

LOL. you are too funny, Liz.

It's a floorless (feet dangle after floor drops out) coaster. . but Superman at Fiesta is at least in part, a custom build, and I can say without really knowing, because the way it interacts with the walls of the quarry:

the 1st drop, and the turnaround after the loop, both go up over the quarry wall, and then dive back into the quarry.. so they are incorporating things that just can't be at other parks. so at least SOME of the ride is a custom build.

here's TPR's POV, you can see what I mean:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Very nice photos! Getting really excited to get back to this park for the first time since '04. Plenty of new things, including Wonder Woman, Iron Rattler, and Thunder River!

you mean "Gully Washer"

if 1st time since 2004, you'll have LOTS of new stuff: Batman, Skyscreamer, Goliath, the new Boardwalk rides (Fireball, Spinsanity, Hurricane Force 5), and probably even Pandemonium. . or was that one there already as Tony Hawk?

No, I meant Thunder Rapids, the water coaster. Tony Hawk was not there yet. This was way back before I was an enthusiast, and I was just going to San Antonio with some friends from college. Because I was in college at the time, god this was so long ago now. One of my friends was from Harlingen, in northern Mexico as he called it, so he had season passes and got us in on a BAFF day. I remember being a bit reluctant, since I had been to Six Flags St. Louis and thought Fiesta Texas would just be the same thing. He assured me it wasn't, so I went along, and I'm so glad I did! It's a fantastic park. I loved Poltergeist and Road Runner Express. Superman was my first experience with a floorless, and it totally freaked me out. Still the best one I've ever been on. I also had my first experience with a Boomerang, and it put me off them immediately. Rattler was awful, and when it was RMCed I immediately made plans to come back...that got delayed....

So I'm loving your reports from there recently. Good memories with people I haven't seen since we graduated...over a decade ago now.

you mean "Gully Washer"

No, I meant Thunder Rapids, the water coaster. Tony Hawk was not there yet. This was way back before I was an enthusiast, and I was just going to San Antonio with some friends from college. Because I was in college at the time, god this was so long ago now. One of my friends was from Harlingen, in northern Mexico as he called it, so he had season passes and got us in on a BAFF day. I remember being a bit reluctant, since I had been to Six Flags St. Louis and thought Fiesta Texas would just be the same thing. He assured me it wasn't, so I went along, and I'm so glad I did! It's a fantastic park. I loved Poltergeist and Road Runner Express. Superman was my first experience with a floorless, and it totally freaked me out. Still the best one I've ever been on. I also had my first experience with a Boomerang, and it put me off them immediately. Rattler was awful, and when it was RMCed I immediately made plans to come back...that got delayed....

So I'm loving your reports from there recently. Good memories with people I haven't seen since we graduated...over a decade ago now.

ahhhh. . . totally missed that, as it's part of the Water Park, so not open still this season, and I think of that as a waterpark ride (as in, you're in your swimsuit, in that area, and you only ride it in that area).

there's a TON of new stuff in the waterpark. . if the last time you were there was 2004? really, the only thing you will recognize is the wave pool. Everything else has changed. (did you even get to see the "racers" that they installed from WaterWorld in Houston? those came hung around for years, and are now gone from the waterpark

so it will be almost all new to you.

note: Fiesta will *not* let you walk around in a swimsuit. So if you go to Waterpark, you'll have to change before going back into the rest of the park. (it's been a long time since we've been to waterpark, but what we always did was get a full day FFBFwMaG *in* the Waterpark Section, and just use that for basecamp to change in and out of shorts when we wanted to ride things).

Wonder Woman is looking amazing. I was curious on how it would look once it’s actually built. This is going to look epic for a park like CGA. Even though they are very differently themed, I will say the yellow on this this single-rail track really does look like WW’s lasso. I really can’t wait to see CGA’s finished product now.

I need to make it to this park in the near future, as I’ve always been fascinated by how the coasters come close to or perched right on top of those canyons. Thank you for sharing!

Wonder Woman is looking amazing. I was curious on how it would look once it’s actually built. This is going to look epic for a park like CGA. Even though they are very differently themed, I will say the yellow on this this single-rail track really does look like WW’s lasso. I really can’t wait to see CGA’s finished product now.

I need to make it to this park in the near future, as I’ve always been fascinated by how the coasters come close to or perched right on top of those canyons. Thank you for sharing!

I'm wondering if they are actually going to put the "lake" under it, as they showed in the animation, or will just let grass grow in.

I think it would look amazing with water under it, so hopefully they go with that design.

(and the Skyscreamer, which is right up against the quarry wall, feels so much higher, as you lift up over the wall, and above the nesting hawks that live there)

I'm laughing how Superman was closed due to temperatures while here in New England, Mind Eraser is running in 9 degree weather, with a wind chill of -3.

Great report, Wonder Woman looks stellar!

you gotta remember, it's Texas. It was in the 70's last week, "winter" for us tends to be temps in the 50's. So of course, the coasters/rides aren't prepared for anything really below that weather.

(the snowfall we got 2 1/2 weeks ago was a rare occurance).

^ Why not both?!!

And although it's a bit early...

Happy New Year back to you, Bill (and to all).

actually doing the survey now, they make a point of saying that it's anonymous, so yeah, I won't link back to my report, but I WILL give them the same answers I noted here: Iron Rattler dispatches need some help, everyone else in the park was fantastic

Nice report! The new ride is looking really good!

Thanks!

not sure I'll make it back before end of Season on 1/7, but this Year, Fiesta Texas opens for the season (weekends only - other than spring break) on Feb 24th, then Fri-Sat-Sun starts in mid March, before going back to daily in late May.

so a really extended season, if not 100% "year round"

so hopefully will get up there to see coaster in late Feb, and will report again!

I'm wondering if they are actually going to put the "lake" under it, as they showed in the animation, or will just let grass grow in.

Judging by the height of the footers:

thumb_img_3094_7.jpg

I think it's pretty safe to say that they will in fact have the lake underneath the ride. The footers are pretty similar in height to other coasters that have water underneath them...

I really cant see them going with that unnecessarily high of a footer if they just planned on putting grass underneath it.

Oh. Wait. This is Six Flags...