TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I was in the area so I decided to drive past the park and as of at least yesterday all the BtE track is completely gone. There are still a bunch of supports but I’d imagine those are next to go

Now hopefully we can all quit talking about that thing.

Two things from this photo... LOL at the lady thinking that Tantrum is just B:tE rebranded, and according to the park they’re scrapping B:tE. If you really want some laughs, check out peoples reply’s to her in the comments.

Oh gosh, that last comment"Because Intamin Stand Up track looks just like Eurofighter track".

Two things from this photo... LOL at the lady thinking that Tantrum is just B:tE rebranded, and according to the park they’re scrapping B:tE. If you really want some laughs, check out peoples reply’s to her in the comments.

Oh wow! I saw that on DL’s Facebook page... I get it that the GP don’t know much about amusement park operations, but this is taking dumb to a whole new level! I’m amazed sometimes by the things GP will say!

Never be surprised, rjr. Some of the GP at Canada's Wonderland still believe our mountain rotates.

Um. What? So I can get some of the things that GP say. Like, I understand why they would think some things, but thinking an entire mountain rotates? Why would they even think that?

I think we are all hoping for two train operation, but I would think the only coasters that have a chance are the ones that already have a working second train like viper and predator. If motocoaster's old train is still useable that could happen, but ROS would need to be an entirely new train

^ As we already discovered last year, the Predator train has been cannibalized for parts, meaning that coaster is also down to one train. Viper is the only one that we know has two trains. Which means the only ones that even have a chance of multi-train operations are Viper (which is unlikely at best) and Tantrum. When Darien is willing to drop another money million dollars on another RoS train I’m sure they’ll announce it somehow like last time - but until then it’s just a pipe dream as previously said, unfortunately.

^ As we already discovered last year, the Predator train has been cannibalized for parts, meaning that coaster is also down to one train. Viper is the only one that we know has two trains. Which means the only ones that even have a chance of multi-train operations are Viper (which is unlikely at best) and Tantrum. When Darien is willing to drop another money million dollars on another RoS train I’m sure they’ll announce it somehow like last time - but until then it’s just a pipe dream as previously said, unfortunately.

What about Mind Eraser? Has Motocoaster's second train only been used for one year? That seems like a big waste of money.

Never be surprised, rjr. Some of the GP at Canada's Wonderland still believe our mountain rotates.

Um. What? So I can get some of the things that GP say. Like, I understand why they would think some things, but thinking an entire mountain rotates? Why would they even think that?

That rumour has been going around since Canada's Wonderland opened in 1981 and people still say it today.

What really bothers me about that rumor is the fact that there are 3 coasters within that structure that are clearly staying still, and a waterfall on the front of it. How can it rotate if the waterfall never moves and the coasters are all (hopefully) staying out?!

What really bothers me about that rumor is the fact that there are 3 coasters within that structure that are clearly staying still, and a waterfall on the front of it. How can it rotate if the waterfall never moves and the coasters are all (hopefully) staying out?!

Don’t forget about Guardian’s queue that goes into the mountain...the entrance to Guardian would be constantly changing position. Also, there’s the restrooms inside the mountain as well. It’s absolutely absurd to even think there’s a possibility of that thing rotating. Sometimes the GP amaze me with what they can come up with.

random question that won't make the thread fall into despair and chaos (like asking about Cuda Falls, Gerstlauer Spinner for 2014, or Batman: The Escape)

what "land" is Tantrum in?? does anyone know if they'll do an area revamp to accompany Tantrum??

Rowdy Ridge looks pretty solid, and that Boardwalk area looks absolutely fantastic and really freshen up the park, so I'm really hoping that they will redo the area!!

That is a fantastic question, but I doubt you will see any new "themed lands" at DL anytime soon. Rowdy's Ridge and Boardwalk definitely look great, but those were added under HFE management. I don't think Premier is as interested in the themed areas as much as they are interested in adding the most thrill for the money they are allotted.