TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Does anybody know what’s going on with Green Lantern? It has been closed since well before these horrible wildfires and still shows as “temporarily closed unlike the rest of the rides.

Edited by ABW

Does anybody know what’s going on with Green Lantern? It has been closed for a little while now and I can’t help but wonder if they are making any changes to it that would affect the ride experience.

Personally with all of these nearby wildfires I just assumed it was closed because they poured gasoline all over the ride area and excitedly put their insurance company on speed dial.

^^ Great way to put it! My take, was that I thought they were just being silent about it,

the gp would eventually forget about it, then they could tear it down, and no one would be the wiser.

Too simple?

Does anybody know what’s going on with Green Lantern? It has been closed for a little while now and I can’t help but wonder if they are making any changes to it that would affect the ride experience.

Personally with all of these nearby wildfires I just assumed it was closed because they poured gasoline all over the ride area and excitedly put their insurance company on speed dial.

Coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain in 2019:

sfgd_joker_01_11x17_600new.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg.141e69c378fe3f3239be182ff18ef09b.jpg

I thought someone said a while back that GL is closed because it's too expensive to run this time of year. It needs additional workers and few people ride it so they just shut it down.

Although I wouldn't mind if they burned it to the ground and replaced it with an open sewer.

I'm one of the few that actually likes Green Lantern quite a bit. Some rides are downright painful, but I've always preferred rides that throw me around a lot (hence why I worship Skyrush), even if it means enduring a little pain. Green Lantern is one of the few coasters that I actually get scared on because I have no idea what kind of ride I'll get.

I wouldn't care THAT much if Six Flags ends up removing it at some point, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed it's closed so often.

I thought someone said a while back that GL is closed because it's too expensive to run this time of year. It needs additional workers and few people ride it so they just shut it down.

Although I wouldn't mind if they burned it to the ground and replaced it with an open sewer.

Yes, it's closed right now due to cost-saving. The park has been in full cost saving mode for the last few months due to not hitting attendance projections.

However there is also something mechanically wrong with it, but that's not been confirmed.

Hey everybody, does anyone know what's going on with Flash pass pre-sales after Holiday in the park? I'm going to be in LA on a 12 hour layover on January 1st and want to check out as much of the park as I can before it closes at 6, so I figured I would look at a buying a pass, but it looks like the only day in January they are selling passes for is the 27th for some reason? I don't think they're sold out as passes are still available throughout December. Do they just not pre-sell them on some days? Thanks!

Yes, it's closed right now due to cost-saving. The park has been in full cost saving mode for the last few months due to not hitting attendance projections.

However there is also something mechanically wrong with it, but that's not been confirmed.

Speaking of cost-cutting... What's up with the Crazanity construction? It looks like it's stalled the last week or two.

Speaking of cost-cutting... What's up with the Crazanity construction? It looks like it's stalled the last week or two.

I'm still convinced that HangTime will open before CraZanity.

Hey everybody, does anyone know what's going on with Flash pass pre-sales after Holiday in the park? I'm going to be in LA on a 12 hour layover on January 1st and want to check out as much of the park as I can before it closes at 6, so I figured I would look at a buying a pass, but it looks like the only day in January they are selling passes for is the 27th for some reason? I don't think they're sold out as passes are still available throughout December. Do they just not pre-sell them on some days? Thanks!

It really is never a good idea to buy one in advance. As far as I know, they have never sold out, and you can buy one on the day you are there if necessary.

I can't tell you how many times I have seen people with a Flash pass, and the park was not crowded. Add to that, you are only going to be there for that day, and what if it is pouring rain? You bought a pass, and will not be able to use it.

It really is never a good idea to buy one in advance. As far as I know, they have never sold out, and you can buy one on the day you are there if necessary.

I can't tell you how many times I have seen people with a Flash pass, and the park was not crowded. Add to that, you are only going to be there for that day, and what if it is pouring rain? You bought a pass, and will not be able to use it.

Thanks, that's a good point. I was afraid it would be super crowded as it's the last day of Christmas break for a lot of schools, but I guess the park must not think so since they start the early closing that day.