TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone think the coaster will be kinda forceless, knowing other Mack coasters?

Yeah, totally forceless. You won't feel a thing when you are flying down a ten story vertical drop while spinning.

Seriously, I understand wanting to start some discussion, but that's kind of a dumb way to approach it. What Mack coasters are you even comparing it to? Most of them are plenty forceful if they mean to be.

Laff Track is the only Mack ride I've been on that could possibly be used as a measure for this one, and it is stupidly fun. Take that and throw in a huge vertical drop, multiple inversions, a launch, and all the other craziness and you have me very excited. I still think people are going to be blown away when they actually get on it.

Seriously, though, every time I hear that word "forceless" I want to punch something.

You and me both!

Seriously, we're talking about roller coasters here! Unless it's Wilderness Run, or some other uber-tame kiddie coaster, it's NOT forceless people!!!

Seriously, I understand wanting to start some discussion, but that's kind of a dumb way to approach it. What Mack coasters are you even comparing it to? Most of them are plenty forceful if they mean to be.

Isn't bluefire for example known for that insane throw you out of your seat roll at the end? I mean Mack minetrains maybe are close to forceless but even those are fun as all hell

Laff Track is the only Mack ride I've been on that could possibly be used as a measure for this one, and it is stupidly fun. Take that and throw in a huge vertical drop, multiple inversions, a launch, and all the other craziness and you have me very excited. I still think people are going to be blown away when they actually get on it.

Completely agree. I don't get the whole judging a coaster before you go on it, assuming to be underwhelmed and it sucking especially regarding this and twisted cyclone at sfog.

(although Laff Trakk is actually a Maurer)

Laff Track is the only Mack ride I've been on that could possibly be used as a measure for this one, and it is stupidly fun.

Thats not a Mack. It's made by Maurer Söhne, which is a completely different company.

Indeed, many Macks do have the reputation of being forceless, even though there are examples that show another face (I'm thinking of Lost Gravity and especially Helix). This ride will be a whole different beast and most likely awesome.

It does look really nice in person. You can see more than in the photos too; a lot of it is hidden behind trees, but the human eye is better at detecting such things than a camera is, so you can see quite a bit more of the track standing right in front of it.

Also, they've already started selling merch.

20170917_140112.thumb.jpg.070db6b1795268ef1e6cd6fe1bc4769c.jpg

Edited by ytterbiumanalyst

Woof, not sure how anyone likes that bland suburban color scheme. Obviously it's far from finished with all the aesthetics that I'm sure they'll add, but I don't like the colors. I thought they were going to go with the white and grey paint that they had made a test patch for.

Meh, just add on some cool themeing and I won't care much about paint colors any way.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten that Laff Track was made by MS. Still though, point stands.

Went to SDC yesterday, I love it how Time Traveler runs parallel with Thunderation during some sections of it.They were herding us through Wildfire like cattle, though. Powder Keg broke down at around midday, I was glad to at least ride it once. Outlaw run hardly had a wait time when I rode it twice.

Now my question is, are they going to expand in the 2019 season? I honestly think they could expand out past Outlaw run, it seems like they could just pave past it and keep building onwards.

Judging from the recent photos, it looks like the queue line will have a similar set up to Outlaw Run where the trailblazer line is directly to the left of the brake run/transfer track, while the rest of the queue is to the left of the trailblazer line. . . Hey, if it works let them keep using it!!

Loving how this coaster is coming along!! I'm still holding out hope that the spinning will be manageable, but we will never know till it's open!

Now my question is, are they going to expand in the 2019 season? I honestly think they could expand out past Outlaw run, it seems like they could just pave past it and keep building onwards.

Nope, 2019 will be an off year. SDC hasn't had big attractions in back to back years in a long time, and there's no reason to expect it.

They do have several intentional expansion points, including past Outlaw Run, past Powder Keg, and the employee lot next to Elephant March. There's no rush to expand, but they will use the land when they're ready.

They do have several intentional expansion points, including past Outlaw Run, past Powder Keg, and the employee lot next to Elephant March.

I still want to see them make the connection loop between the end of the path by Wildfire, and the end of the path by Powder Keg. #MaybeSomeDay

Nope, 2019 will be an off year. SDC hasn't had big attractions in back to back years in a long time, and there's no reason to expect it.

They do have several intentional expansion points, including past Outlaw Run, past Powder Keg, and the employee lot next to Elephant March. There's no rush to expand, but they will use the land when they're ready.

Probably more towards 2020. I have to say that employee parking lot would be a great plot of land for placing a good old traditional woodie such as a GCI to replace the former OzCat at CC or even a B&M Invert which could either be tied into Firemans Landing or a rethemed Grand Expo.

Probably more towards 2020. I have to say that employee parking lot would be a great plot of land for placing a good old traditional woodie such as a GCI to replace the former OzCat at CC or even a B&M Invert which could either be tied into Firemans Landing or a rethemed Grand Expo.

I would love to see a GCI or Gravity Group coaster on that plot of land. Or even a Gerstlauer family coaster similar to Firechaser or a Vekoma suspended family coaster. Though I'd REALLY love to see them put in a Zamperla giant discovery since they don't have many thrilling flat rides.

This ride is simply stunning. Even though it doesn't look like one of the omfg blow your face off insane coasters, it looks like one of the most fun, well rounded coasters built in a while. If you look at it, it has literally everything a steel coaster can possibly have. Vertical drop, inversions, airtime, launches, over banks, swooping turns, spinning vehicles, a great storyline and more than likely some awesome theming in the queue line. It's going to be a purely fun ride that leaves a smile on your face after every ride. That's the kind of experience SDC is all about! It's exciting to hear trackwork is complete and I can't wait to see testing and the interior of the building come to fruition! This ride has me very excited and I already know I'm taking a day or two off of school to come to opening. That's how excited I am!

This ride is simply stunning. Even though it doesn't look like one of the omfg blow your face off insane coasters, it looks like one of the most fun, well rounded coasters built in a while. If you look at it, it has literally everything a steel coaster can possibly have. Vertical drop, inversions, airtime, launches, over banks, swooping turns, spinning vehicles, a great storyline and more than likely some awesome theming in the queue line. It's going to be a purely fun ride that leaves a smile on your face after every ride. That's the kind of experience SDC is all about! It's exciting to hear trackwork is complete and I can't wait to see testing and the interior of the building come to fruition! This ride has me very excited and I already know I'm taking a day or two off of school to come to opening. That's how excited I am!

I'll probably skip a day of school to go, too. Lol. I go to Spokane just twenty minutes down the road from SDC.

...This ride has me very excited and I already know I'm taking a day or two off of school to come to opening...

Or, just a thought here, but you might want just go on a weekend instead of skipping school to go ride a roller coaster. I mean... #EducationMatters