TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Blackpool Pleasure Beach (BPB) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
For the locals, how is Big One regarded these days? Is it still viewed as an intimidating star attraction w/ good ridership, or has its reputation waned over the years?

The Big One is definitely the star attraction and its mostly the busiest ride except on very hot days, where Valhalla will be the busiest mainly due to its low capacity.

I've just been told the Wild Mouse is shut for good? is this true or is it just for the season?

Please let this not be the case!

Wild Mouse is still open, no clue where you got this information from.

https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/rides/wild-mouse/

For the locals, how is Big One regarded these days? Is it still viewed as an intimidating star attraction w/ good ridership, or has its reputation waned over the years?

The Big One is definitely the star attraction and its mostly the busiest ride except on very hot days, where Valhalla will be the busiest mainly due to its low capacity.

I've just been told the Wild Mouse is shut for good? is this true or is it just for the season?

The Wild Mouse was closed the first week of the season but after that it has been open all season.

• 2 months later...

The Wild Mouse was closed the first week of the season but after that it has been open all season.

The Wild Mouse actually opened in May, the ride required modernisation to some of its safety features which have been done now and the ride is operating daily now that we've reached the summer season.

The Big One remains very popular with the GP and whilst UK enthusiasts like to call it a Monorail they are often seen running through the park to get on it at park opening time which is of course very contradictory! In all seriousness it remains very popular with the GP and BPB fans too!

This may be old news but anyone seen the footage of the trespassers climbing The Big One? Haven't posted it in case it's deemed inappropriate. A slight security concern that they were up there.

As for bounding about up there unsupported - truly mad.

This may be old news but anyone seen the footage of the trespassers climbing The Big One? Haven't posted it in case it's deemed inappropriate. A slight security concern that they were up there.

As for bounding about up there unsupported - truly mad.

What´s possible "inappropriate"? about posting that here? Honestly, I sometimes don´t understand this wannabe "correctness", especially as in some other threads you can just click and see deadly accidents...

And people will find it anywhere else, if they want, so I would just post it. If anything, it can only bring in some more awareness about this security concern...

• 1 month later...
Does the park typically run Valhalla even on cooler days? I'll be there this Sunday and see the high is only 60 degrees.

Usually, yes, since most of it is indoors. It's sometimes broken down, but at the end of the day, it is an Intamin. Make sure you get some ponchos before you ride it though! ;D

Does the park typically run Valhalla even on cooler days? I'll be there this Sunday and see the high is only 60 degrees.

Usually, yes, since most of it is indoors. It's sometimes broken down, but at the end of the day, it is an Intamin. Make sure you get some ponchos before you ride it though! ;D

Excellent! Usually I don't get ponchos but on a cooler day like this I was considering it.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I'm planning on visiting Blackpool Pleasure Beach this weekend for the first time since I've moved into the UK and I was wondering what the crowds would be like at this time of year, because if it gets too crowded then I'll be more than happy to just wait out the Off Season and just directly go when Icon opens.

Any response would be highly appreciated.

^ I went on a Sunday last month and lines as a whole weren't bad. I got a Speedy Pass since it was only $12 after staying at the Big Blue Hotel. Most things were 15 minutes or less. The two worst lines by far appeared to be the Big One (one train, so the line may have been almost an hour) and Nickelodeon Streak (couldn't see the line, but it looked to be at least over a half hour based on my Q bot times).

(If anyone doesn't know the answer to this, I'm fine with that) . . . . what's the most popular coaster at BPB in terms of daily/annual ridership?

I would guess Grand National because its got the most capacity and consistently has a queue. Big One would be it probably if it didn't run often due to the wind/runs with 1 train when its windy.

• 1 month later...