TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Sooooo, I know it's not till next season, but I am super thrilled that my partner and I are going to be going to Great Adventure together for the first time! (Previous trips I've always gone alone because he has been working.) I think the highlight of this entire trip is going to be getting to ride Zumanjaro: Drop Of Doom with him! can't wait!!

The last time I was at the park (Memorial Day wknd) they had attendants directing traffic and guiding people into spots. I've heard from friends they encountered this a few times over the summer.

Sooooo, I know it's not till next season, but I am super thrilled that my partner and I are going to be going to Great Adventure together for the first time! (Previous trips I've always gone alone because he has been working.) I think the highlight of this entire trip is going to be getting to ride Zumanjaro: Drop Of Doom with him! can't wait!!

I went last season with my partner. It was the first time for both of us. I have to admit... getting his ass on zumanjaro WAS the highlight lol. He freaked the hell out the whole time. I died laughing. Lol. You two will have a blast.

Lol a couple friends said the same thing. BAFF, ROTB, a concert, and this beautiful weather? Of course it is!

I figured it must be a BAFF day. I only stopped by on my way to Atlantic City to activate my 2018 pass. Surprising there was a short line at the cheesesteak place, so i grabbed a bite to eat. Of the two Freestyle Coke Machines at the Sky Bar. Only the right side one had Barqs Cream Soda. If you get it with orange flavor it tastes like a creamsicle.

The park is packed today.

It isn't that bad, it hasn't gotten too busy till 2:30 3:00, most people are here for the concert I think

The parking lot was more than 50% full at 1PM, by 2PM when I left its was close to 75%. You might not think that is bad, but to me it is.

Made my return trip down to Jersey this past Saturday for my second ROTB event. Fantastic event with fantastic perks.

Highlight of my day though was putting my big boy pants on and getting on Zumanjaro. Only drop tower I have successfully conquered was Scream at my home park, SFNE. I can do Ka no problem, but man Zumi is just intimidating. Convinced myself once it got dark I would give it a go (as maybe It wouldn't seem like being so high??). But man it was amazing! What a rush. So amazing I did it twice. So glad I got myself on that thing.

If anyone out there is in the same boat just do it!

Congrats to El Toro for winning #1 wooden coaster at the Golden Ticket Awards! Truly the greatest woodie on earth and is very deserving....

I don't get why everyone says that El Toro is the greatest wooden coaster on earth. When it's really not. There are several wooden coasters out there that are far superior than El Toro. . . I mean, El Toro isn't "bad" but it really isn't the "greatest woodie on earth."

Congrats to El Toro for winning #1 wooden coaster at the Golden Ticket Awards! Truly the greatest woodie on earth and is very deserving....

I don't get why everyone says that El Toro is the greatest wooden coaster on earth. When it's really not. There are several wooden coasters out there that are far superior than El Toro. . . I mean, El Toro isn't "bad" but it really isn't the "greatest woodie on earth."

See 1:08

That's why it's called an opinion, if you're riding El Toro and you get off and go ah geez *this coaster* and *this coaster* is so much better than El Toro then you're doing it wrong.

Having been on many of the wooden coasters that normally can be considered the "best" (El Toro, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Voyage, Lightning Rod, just to name a few), I can safely say three things:

1. All are worthy to be considered one of the best coasters around.

2. Any preferential differences are based on the subjective likes/dislikes of that particular rider.

3. What is considered the "best" really could not possibly matter any goddamn less than it already does.

Having been on many of the wooden coasters that normally can be considered the "best" (El Toro, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Voyage, Lightning Rod, just to name a few), I can safely say three things:

2. Any preferential differences are based on the subjective likes/dislikes of that particular rider.

3. What is considered the "best" really could not possibly matter any goddamn less than it already does.

Yup. Not to get all up in arms about this, but I think "far superior" is a stretch when it comes to other woodies surpassing El Toro. Granted, I can see it if someone has preferences that El Toro just doesn't fit (classic coasters/trains, different pacing or airtime, etc.); I myself have preferences that put several other woodies above it. At the same time, El Toro is world-class and easily one of my favorites!

The opinion of many (everyone) is more telling than the opinion of one (you).