TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

I remember when Terminator was fairly new at USH and thinking it was really a lot of fun. When I went to UOR for the first time in February of this year, Terminator stuck out to me as being very retro in comparison with the rest of the park. I remember thinking to myself "wow, they either need to do a major refurb on this or replace it, cuz it does not vibe well with everything else." I'm glad they at least made the decision.

The other attraction that stuck out to me was E.T. I really hope that one sticks around for a while, because it's so charming, but it also needs a lot of work to rise up to the standard of the newer attractions.

^I guess that i missed that part...

But the positioning of T2:3D and Woody Woodpecker Kids Zone actually works (at least per the park map). I thought that I was onto something...

Unless they were to remove ET and that backstage area behind it, it wouldn't work.

wwkzusfa.jpg.6a096eaebbbaad5245d88775ce694ceb.jpg

My guess for the replacement of T2:3D is that it will be part of the future Nintendo Land. It appears that the current Woody Woodpecker Kid Zone and T2:3D could be combined together for a giant patch of land for Mario, Link, and Donkey Kong.

Nintendo Land is going here:

934590817_nintendoland.thumb.jpg.e494c46ebcd07f1498dac7c66bc80d7b.jpg

There is already more than enough room to work with there and T2 isn't anywhere near this area.

^I don't have a link of course, but also the animal actors stage is a goner and will be the main entrance for Nintendo land according to that extremely detailed map leak from earlier this year. And also it doesn't go back so far. ET was perfectly safe as well. That leak was also scrubbed from the internet in like 2 days.

^I don't have a link of course, but also the animal actors stage is a goner and will be the main entrance for Nintendo land according to that extremely detailed map leak from earlier this year. And also it doesn't go back so far. ET was perfectly safe as well. That leak was also scrubbed from the internet in like 2 days.

Thanks. My box was really just an approximate of where it would go. And really, it does show just how much room they DO have back there! Enough room for some really awesome physical non-screen based rides!

Over/under that this will become a Harry potter attraction?

The statement says it's a franchise Universal owns themselves. I'm betting on Secret Life of Pets.

Secret Life Of Pets would be a decent addition but I don't think it will happen, but I am personally betting more money on that it will somehow be Fast and the Furious franchise! It's their most bankable franchise in history!

The statement says it's a franchise Universal owns themselves. I'm betting on Secret Life of Pets.

Secret Life Of Pets would be a decent addition but I don't think it will happen, but I am personally betting more money on that it will somehow be Fast and the Furious franchise! It's their most bankable franchise in history!

I've been hearing based around the Bourne franchise

That would be the perfect way to debut the first installation of the Dynamic Motion Theater that debuted at IAAPA last year. A similar kind of show-based experience, but modernized and thrilling.

Edited by CedarFlags

That would be extremely dumb in my opinion. The target audience of Universal doesn't really connect with that franchise. Universal is about putting in relatable content.

That would be extremely dumb in my opinion. The target audience of Universal doesn't really connect with that franchise. Universal is about putting in relatable content.

Thank goodness your opinion is just that! The Bourne franchise is one of the best movie franchises in existence, and a ride based on it could potentially be awesome! I'm not sure why you're saying the target audience doesn't really connect with it, or what you're assuming the target audience is. But again, thankfully, I don't think your opinion is shared by the masses. That franchise rocks!

Thank goodness your opinion is just that! The Bourne franchise is one of the best movie franchises in existence, and a ride based on it could potentially be awesome! I'm not sure why you're saying the target audience doesn't really connect with it, or what you're assuming the target audience is. But again, thankfully, I don't think your opinion is shared by the masses. That franchise rocks!

The target audience is families with pre-teens and teens. As a teenager, I can assure you that we don't really connect to that franchise.

^ The Bourne franchise is still pretty popular. I don't think there are any diehards for the movies, but other than the Jeremy Renner one, they're crowd pleasers for anyone who is a fan of action movies.

I'm disappointed to see Terminator go since the first two films in that franchise are two of my favorite films, but I understand this move. At least I can still watch it on YouTube.

^ The Bourne franchise is still pretty popular. I don't think there are any diehards for the movies, but other than the Jeremy Renner one, they're crowd pleasers for anyone who is a fan of action movies.

I'm disappointed to see Terminator go since the first two films in that franchise are two of my favorite films, but I understand this move. At least I can still watch it on YouTube.

What would be really cool is if Universal released the video portions in some format. As a fan of the films I really dug the Cyberdyne commercial, it gave them more depth than the films portrayed.

The Bourne franchise may skew older but that doesn't mean that an attraction based on it wouldn't be successful. Terminator 2 3D was based on an R-rated movie after all.

And the last Bourne movie made over four-hundred million dollars worldwide even if it was seen as a disappointment quality-wise. Surely it has to have connected on some level.

Edited by cookiex