TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hurricane Irma Florida Parks Updates

Since we live here and a lot of people visit and want info I figured we could use a thread like this to keep everyone updated on schedules/closures/damages/etc.

This thread is for facts and not crazy speculation or rumors. I will updated as much as I can!

--------------------

Disney - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/hurricane-irma-info/

As of now, Disney has cancelled Night of Joy for Saturday night and MNSSHP for Sunday night. Blizzard Beach is also currently closed. Guests are being told to leave Fort Wilderness as that will close at 2pm on Saturday.

Parks and Disney Springs will be closed all day Sunday and Monday. Parks will be open Saturday morning at normal times and close between 7-9pm (depending on the park). No fireworks or big nighttime shows.

*9/11 Update - All theme parks will open as normal tomorrow, Tuesday 9/12! Disney Springs is also open normal! Water Parks remain closed.

--------------------

Universal - https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/plan-your-visit/hours-information/policies-restrictions/index.html#hurricane-policy

As of now, Universal has cancelled Saturday's Rock the Universe and Sunday mornings worship service.

Just announced - Both parks will close tomorrow (Saturday) at 7pm and remain closed Sunday and Monday.

*9/11 Update - All parks will open as normal tomorrow, Tuesday 9/12!

--------------------

Sea World/Busch Parks - https://seaworld.com/orlando/blog/hurricane-irma/

Sea World will close by 5pm on Saturday and remain closed Sunday and Monday

Busch Gardens will be closed Saturday through Monday

Aquatica will be closed Saturday thru Monday

Adventure Island will be closed Saturday thru Monday

Discovery Cove will be closed Sunday and Monday

* Update 9/11 - Sea World will NOT open tomorrow. Probably open Wednesday after cleanup.

*Update 9/12 - Sea World, Busch Gardens, and Aquatica will all open Wednesday. Discovery Cove will open Friday. Adventure Island will possibly open for the weekend.

-------------------

Legoland - https://www.legoland.com/florida/about-us/hurricane-policy/

Legoland will be closed Saturday - Monday

Legoland hotel will remain open for guests, Lego Beach Retreat hotel will evacuate guests to the main hotel.

*9/11 Update - Legoland and the Resort are still without Power!!! (Polk County!!!!) They have not set a reopening date at this time.

*9/12 Update - Legoland Hotel will reopen Wednesday, the Park and Beach hotel will reopen Thursday, and the water park is still not dated at this time.

-------------------

Fun Spot - https://fun-spot.com

Fun Spot(s) are open normal operating hours today 10am - Midnight (Friday 9/8) and will make a decision about closures as needed.

Edited by SharkTums

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two buddies, one in Fort Lauderdale, the other in Miami, both of which are not evacuating. They're crazy. Very worried.

Stay safe you guys, and anyone else who is reading this from Florida. This does not look like its going to be good.

Stay safe you guys, and anyone else who is reading this from Florida. This does not look like its going to be good.

Still rather be hanging out here than riding most Vekoma SLCs!

You sure you don't want to ride an SLC? Wild Adventures is offering Free Admission this weekend to anyone in an evacuation-ordered county!

Still rather be hanging out here than riding most Vekoma SLCs!

BWAAA-HAAA-HAAAA

glad you're keeping sense of humor, Robb.

hoping Florida just get's a "swipe" and not a lot of major damage, and that you and Elissa (and Kidtums) stay safe!

How are things going so far for you guys?

This is a good site to check it you want to keep up to date on the status of the hurricane:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/093751.shtml?gm_track#contents

Thanks so much for this helpful site. With some family and friends living along BOTH coasts of Fl. (non-evacuation zones, but still darn close!), I've been following YouTube updates off and on, all day. Mostly 'on!' Stay safe. (Hurricanes in NYC have always been sort of exciting, but NOT so in Fl!)

Alice

Just using familiar landmarks as reference points, here are the official forecasts for Busch Gardens and Magic Kingdom. For both locations, the strongest winds are going to occur between 9PM Sunday night and 6AM Monday morning.

Orlando's going to have some problems from this, with 60-80 MPH winds. That'll do widespread minor damage, probably a few more significant issues here and there, though far from a major disaster. Newer, well-built homes should withstand it fine.

For Tampa, and especially areas along the coast? It just isn't good news, not with the potential for gusts exceeding 100 MPH. Expect more significant structural damage and probably some lengthy power outages (not to mention water issues in coastal/bayfront areas). And not that theme parks are the most important thing in the world, but don't expect BGT to open right back up.

Of course, if anyone has any interests in the lower keys, it's as bad of news as it gets. They're within a few hours of a direct hit.

But I can't end this post without some levity, so please laugh at this idiot earlier Saturday in Key West.

Fun Spot Parks will be closed tomorrow.

[attachment=0]fsclosed.JPG[/attachment]

Yeah I'm not shocked they only announced a one day closure so far. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they attempt to open tomorrow afternoon / evening. They did that during Matthew to attempt to capitalize on the fact that every other park in Orlando was closed and there were tons of tourists stuck in their hotels with nothing to do.

don't have Twitter, so can't repond or re-tweet -- tho I can see it from front page of TPR. . . so going to say here, Robb:

your response on Twitter to the trolls upset you were at Disney last night is SPOT on.

very well said, and it's a shame that there are enough morons with Twitter access that some even questioned the parks being open and that folks wanted to go.

Growing up in Houston? I TOTALLY understand doing something to take one's mind off an upcoming Hurricane -- *especially* if a place has evaluated the data, and determined it was going to be safe (at that time) for them to be open and for people to attend.

good for you on the response, and i only wish I could share to a larger audience.

y'all stay safe, and see you on the other side!

bert