TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Cedar Point had issues with Gatekeeper’s chain a couple times, as well as dragster’s launch cable.

Any park can have a lift chain issue on any ride, the thing that sets parks apart is how quickly they fix those issues. In the cases you mentioned, Cedar Point re-opened the ride in less than 3 days. Iron Dragon had a lift chain break last season and it was fixed in less than a week. Let's see how this goes (I think we all have a pretty good idea, lol).

Sometimes I click on this thread and immediately regret it. Today there are cat pictures. Thank you.

You're welcome, this thread is the absolute worst.

First things first Boomerang was closed with no crews working on it. RoS was like the last ride and might I add that the 2nd row is INSANE, I got airtime on the helix entrance for gosh sake. But the real show stopper was Predators missing supports with empty footers. TR as closed with a few logs trapped and drained all around.

20170830_172004.thumb.jpg.06fb1e6b606e8d561857228afe95acbd.jpg

Why though?

20170830_170936.thumb.jpg.04a7ed66c5ada057a0476840a3b6f45b.jpg

And what are these

20170830_162604.thumb.jpg.a867f03aa1504e785db53edd6c91da97.jpg

This was delivering a brutal mix of headbanging and speed , and I greyed out during the Batwing.

I just got back from a short trip to DL. Boomerang still has its chain hanging from the track, with no work crews in sight. It's appearing as if it won't open for the rest of the season. As said previously, TR was drained with logs stuck on the lift. Mind Eraser's shakiness seems to have gotten much worse to the point where it was almost unbearable. One nice thing to see was Twister's fountain back up and running, which hasn't happened in a few years now! Also, Silver Bullet was back open today, and it was delivering quite the lengthy cycle! The only thing worrying me about SB is that the motor sounds much louder and rougher, and instead of it slowing down at the end of the ride, it just shuts completely off. Haymaker was also down all day.

IMG_2625.thumb.JPG.7bf71a42b7b468e46180b89286694ed7.JPG

Silver Bullet update...

But the real show stopper was Predators missing supports with empty footers.

The ride has been slightly modified/re-profiled over the years. The empty footers are leftovers from original bent locations. Nothing preposterous to see here.

Contrary to the held belief, Boomerang is actually operating again!

That was a quick fix considering the chain was still hanging towards the ground when I had made my first visit to the park on Thursday.

I was just there yesterday and the chain was still hanging down to the ground with no work crews on sight... that was a VERY quick fix!

Contrary to the held belief, Boomerang is actually operating again!

That was a quick fix considering the chain was still hanging towards the ground when I had made my first visit to the park on Thursday.

I was just there yesterday and the chain was still hanging down to the ground with no work crews on sight... that was a VERY quick fix!

Yes, indeed it was!

^ Nice edits! Im a big fan of artsy fartsy Darien Lake pictures. The park for the most part is really beautiful (of course I’m probably just being bias but Viper to me is one of the most beautiful rides out there).

IT'S very photogenic, but may I take this opportunity to ask that we call vipers que the snakes lair?

And thank you they took me like 5 minutes with the prisma app!

^ Nice edits! Im a big fan of artsy fartsy Darien Lake pictures. The park for the most part is really beautiful (of course I’m probably just being bias but Viper to me is one of the most beautiful rides out there).

IT'S very photogenic, but may I take this opportunity to ask that we call vipers que the snakes lair?

Can you do one with a Darien Lake Logo in it... And can I use it for my Darien Lake video?

Can you do one with a Darien Lake Logo in it... And can I use it for my Darien Lake video?

Yes I can I'll get right on that!