The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

P. 58 - Complete Pandemonium Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

Postby logrog04 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:32 pm

I posted a unofficial guide to the Great Escape on my friends blog, check it out if you want to!
https://limitlesspark.com/2017/08/04/2018-unnofficial-guide-to-the-great-escape-splashwater-kingdom-theme-and-water-park-in-queensbury-new-york/amp/

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Home Parks: Six Flags New England & Six Flags Great Escape
The Comet is the best!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby sfkk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Does anyone know if the Canada and Mexico flags that are hung alongside the US flag on the inside of the entrance are still there?
I am wondering if the new Six Flags decision affected those too. Not looking for a debate, just curious as to the extent of this decision. According to SF, they now only fly US flags at their US parks. I was curious if that has also happened at Great Escape even though they never flew a Confederate flag.

Postby logrog04 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:44 pm

I don't know, but I hope they continue to fly the Canadian flag, alot of tourists from Quebec visit The Great Escape,

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
The Comet is the best!

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby MisterBrow » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:20 pm

sfkk wrote:Does anyone know if the Canada and Mexico flags that are hung alongside the US flag on the inside of the entrance are still there?
I am wondering if the new Six Flags decision affected those too. Not looking for a debate, just curious as to the extent of this decision. According to SF, they now only fly US flags at their US parks. I was curious if that has also happened at Great Escape even though they never flew a Confederate flag.

It's a good question and I am curious too.

I could see SFGE (or any other far northern business) just go stars and stripes and be able to say, "Hey, we don't even fly the maple leaf anymore." Safe and reasonable response.

It is funny though since six flags is branded under the idea of being under control of six governments. I mean, Texas usually still registers signatures to leave the union at a greater rate than the confederacy. Nobody complains about the Texas flag.

All in all they go with six different color flags. ROYGBI... and still the Violet people are offended. An intelligent person asks why is it called six flags, then why don't they acknowledge the six countries, and then there is a meaningful discussion.
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

Postby logrog04 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:11 am

I was at SFNE yesterday and the state flags are american flags, so there probably all american at TGE too
The Comet is the best!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:29 am

Complete Pandemonium Is On Its Way

Pandemonium_in_Action.jpg

LAKE GEORGE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Great Escape today announced its newest addition for 2018, Pandemonium. This sensational spin on a classic thrill ride will have guests catching maximum air and experiencing 360-degrees of adrenaline-packed excitement. The non-stop twisting and turning of Pandemonium will deliver fun for families of all ages.

“Six Flags is the leader in thrill ride innovations and well-known for introducing amazing rides and attractions in every park, every year,” said Six Flags Great Escape Resort President Eric Gilbert. “Pandemonium is a classic family thrill ride with a unique, modern spin—guaranteed to deliver a heart-pounding experience for riders of all ages while re-energizing the popular Alpine Fest area in the center of our beautiful park.”

Pandemonium will seat 24 riders in a “face-out” position and begin to lift, spin and tilt at all angles. It quickly accelerates faster and faster to maximum speed, whirling guests through seemingly endless rotations of spinning insanity. An electrifying light package will dazzle onlookers and complement the twisting, twirling mayhem of the ride itself.

Fast Facts about Pandemonium:

This spinning classic thrill ride seats 24 people in a face-out position;
360 degrees of twirling mayhem in a counter-clockwise rotation;
Maximum speeds and multiple sets of swirling insanity; and
Dazzling lights illuminate the entire area and provide mesmerizing fun for onlookers below.
Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 05.29.04.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 05.29.14.png
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:01 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:44 am

Is this the Chance Freestyle? If it is, Good to see them selling stuff
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:46 am

^Looks like it!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:02 am

This is good considering they took out their Trabant a few seasons ago. Nice to see a park install one of these.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:07 am

^ I was about to ask if they still had their Trabant.

Quassy added a version by SBF last year with the same seating arrangement so it's cool to see another one of these pop up. No new coaster again, but the park adds another solid flat ride to their lineup.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!