TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

I have to rank Verbolten 6th behind the B&Ms, InvadR, and Nessie. Comparing to the nearby competitor, it's roughly on par

For me, the coaster is the 12th best ride in the park in general. However, if it didn't rattle it would probably be my 3 1/2 favorite coaster, but still my 5.333 favorite overall ride in the park.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Speaking of Verbolten: is it me, or is the dark portions of the ride a disappointment? I rode it once today and felt a little underwhelmied by everything. I expected there to be more in there. I can't imagine the park pulled a Six flags and not maintain the themeing. I'm going back to the park at opening tomorrow and will head to Verbolten first to get more rides and see if this was just an anomaly.

Edited by michaellynn4

The Black Forest is more of a disorienting blur with random colorful cool glowing cutouts than anything else. I liked it. Maybe try drinking more beer? However, too many beers can lead to the disorienting blur being kind of rough on the stomach... I thought I was going to lose it once on my first visit a couple years ago.

It's not your imagination. Many of the lights and effects do not work how they used too. Sometimes there isn't even a "show" before the droptrack. You simply sit in dark silence, then drop.

I have yet to see the show not work when I've ridden Verbolten.

We had two weekends ago, everything in the building worked with the exception of some of the lights. Once we pulled up to the drop track only the sounds were playing and the big face in front of the train did not illuminate at the drop. That had to have been an anomaly because I've never seen that not light up. But the show scenes at the drop track really seem to be lacking from what they were. Either that, or I keep getting the same shows. Does the wolf show still work? That's the only one I haven't gotten this year.

Just finished riding it three more times. I definitely like it a lot more now than I did after just one ride yesterday. We managed to experience all three of the different effects on the drop section. Definitely seems to be more of a front row ride, though. Zach, I noticed the rattling as well when I rode in the back section of the train. Coaster didn't blow me away, but it was still fun.

Coaster didn't blow me away, but it was still fun.

I'd agree with that. It's almost a break from your typical force focused coasters. I like it a lot, but I would probably ride it less than what we normaly do during our visits if it wasn't Emily's favorite coaster in the park. I can definitely say that I'm not a fan of how packed the station gets. It seems like it takes quite a while to board a train.

I actually think my favorite ride overall is Le Scoot. We rode it four times without getting off near the end of the day during our last visit, in July.

While I have plenty of experience at this park, I've never been to Bier Fest. I was contemplating going on Sept 3. It's the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Has anyone been on Labor Day weekend that can speak to the crowds?

It'll be busier than a "normal" Sunday, but still manageable.

Coaster didn't blow me away, but it was still fun.

I'd agree with that. It's almost a break from your typical force focused coasters. I like it a lot, but I would probably ride it less than what we normaly do during our visits if it wasn't Emily's favorite coaster in the park. I can definitely say that I'm not a fan of how packed the station gets. It seems like it takes quite a while to board a train.

I actually think my favorite ride overall is Le Scoot. We rode it four times without getting off near the end of the day during our last visit, in July.

Eh, I wouldn't call Verbolten less forceful. The ending is pretty slamming.

I'm supposed to go to BGW tomorrow for a work function. We originally were going to KD but it turns out KD is closed?? so we moved things to BGW. I haven't been there in 4 years. Unfortunately, I may have to blow it off because last night my dog started having a hind leg issue and I'm not sure I want to leave him for the day in case something happens like he falls over and can't get up. He's a very active working dog so it's hard to keep him quiet. Yes I have a vet appt scheduled to get him checked out. Anyway, assuming he's feeling better I'll be going to the park tomorrow. Have any of you seen the evening show All For One? If so, is it any good? It appears Celtic Fyre isn't playing anymore which is a bummer. I always watch the animal shows. Are the effects on DarKastle working better these days?

^I thought it kind of odd that KD went to weekend operation before Labor Day. The area schools start back Sept. 5th.

It also appears that Celtic Fyre is only showing on weekends starting this week (of course next week they start weekend only ops anyway).

All for One is a really good show. However, I was really looking forward to this, seeing that it is their nighttime "spectacular." The stunts were very good, but the show was a little bit busy to watch, and sadly a little bit of a disappointment. Chalk it up to anticipointment for me, but I would have rather been getting night rides on Griffon (which you are staring at the entire show.)

Just came back from the park after checking out Bierfest, and it's pretty busy. This is also the last day to ride DarKastle before they set up the Frostbite Howl-o-Scream maze in the show building.

I was also there yesterday. There was a really good crowd and Bier Fest seems to be a hit. Didn't realize that Darkastle was finishing up now. Really glad we got a ride in on it. Some of the coasters were showing lines approaching or exceeding an hour. One complaint that I do have though is that InvadR was only running one train. I have no idea how long that wait would've been but way in excess of an hour, for sure. Not sure why they were only running one, but it had to have been due to maintenance I would assume.