Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1575: Historic investment in entertainment during 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:38 am

No, the announcement didn't include any closures or any new rides.. odd that the rumor is still floating among ride ops so I guess JDWades source might still be correct.

I'm sure it's safe to post the ride name but it will be welcomed with "it's probably not true", "hope it's not true" and typical rumor stuff :) haha no problems with that though!

We have all learned that you must take Dollywood ops with a grain of salt.. well this is true for ops at any park, most know the same we do and get their rumors from the same place.. Dollywoods management wouldn't tell ride ops anything official at this point because it would "leak" out

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Last edited by dstephe9 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:41 am.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Satans Hockey » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:40 am

dstephe9 wrote:Happened to me on big bear last season.. by the end of the ride all four of us were all over each other.. luckily we were both young couples so we thought it was funny

If you sit Indian style on it, you bounce on that ride, or used to when they allowed you to sit Indian style.. like bouce enough to almost fall out

Thanks, that makes sense. Everyone else I saw were groups of 3 so I was just curious, we all laughed about it cause it was definitely different lol

I Love Donkeys!

Postby pinslasher » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:40 am

dstephe9 wrote:No, the announcement didn't include any closures or any new rides.. odd that the rumor is still floating among ride ops so I guess JDWades source might still be correct.

I'm sure it's safe to post the ride name but it will be welcomed with "it's probably not true", "hope it's not true" and typical rumor stuff :) haha no problems with that though!

I was there for the announcement, was hoping, but nothing. Lol. The Christmas and pumpkin festival was cool though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby dstephe9 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:43 am

Satans Hockey wrote:
dstephe9 wrote:Happened to me on big bear last season.. by the end of the ride all four of us were all over each other.. luckily we were both young couples so we thought it was funny

If you sit Indian style on it, you bounce on that ride, or used to when they allowed you to sit Indian style.. like bouce enough to almost fall out

Thanks, that makes sense. Everyone else I saw were groups of 3 so I was just curious, we all laughed about it cause it was definitely different lol
Haha yeah, now it would be awkward if we were matched with an older family, or family with young kids or something but we got matched with a college couple so it was all fun and games.. we actually followed them down to the water coaster and was matched with them again then parted ways after that haha

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby coasterfreak11 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 am

Planning my first ever trip to Dollywood for this weekend. Only planning on going Saturday as it open from 10-9p, I feel that should be plenty of time to enjoy the park. Imagine should be a little less busy since schools are starting to be back in session? Also, I know it's a gamble with LR, but how has that been lately? Operating daily with 1 train? Thank you!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Djwadeknox » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:06 am

My source was right.
3989986E-8DA1-472F-B716-4A282AB25D20.png
Dollywood Rocks and I like turtles!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:07 am

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:17 am

Wow wasn't expecting River Battle to be removed but then again it was the least busy of their water rides.

It wouldn't be a flashy addition, but I would love to see some flats added in that space to add more things on the loop around the park.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Postby ernierocker » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:19 am

My guess is that this will make room for the expansion up to the train loop. They need more space so they can make the elevation change ADA accessible so shifting the walking path into River Battle's footprint will allow them to do construction/grading where the rest of the ride was and the retaining wall/owl photo op is.
Last edited by ernierocker on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:20 am.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Satans Hockey » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:21 am

Ah that's a shame, I thought the ride was so much fun. I'm really glad I was able to go on it last week now.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!