TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

But that same news source also said that the eclipse, due to the moons magnetic pull, could cause pregnant people to go into early labor.. I was like WTF, the only thing different about the moon today vs any other day is that it blocks the sun..

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Haha that's what happens when Dollywood decides to TC rides because of this.. I am glad they are though, the employees deserve to see it

And the guests that are PAYING to have those employees employed deserve to ride the attractions at the park they paid money to ride.

I'm sorry, but this is just so stupid my brain cannot process the information without exploding like someone's retinas looking directly into the sun.

Haha that's what happens when Dollywood decides to TC rides because of this.. I am glad they are though, the employees deserve to see it

And the guests that are PAYING to have those employees employed deserve to ride the attractions at the park they paid money to ride.

I'm sorry, but this is just so stupid my brain cannot process the information without exploding like someone's retinas looking directly into the sun.

That's like argument that comes up every year around the Holidays that stores/businesses shouldn't be open so the workers can spend time with their families to. Also a dumb argument, that's part of the gig you signed up for, make it work.

I think this thread has officially gone completely off the rails.

In other news, the park has put up a lot more information about their Great Pumpkin LumiNights event and it looks pretty awesome (mainly the food part).

I'm not getting my hopes up about the food.. I was let down for festival of Nations, let down for BBQ and Bluegrass, so not getting my hopes up..

I will be sure to try the food and I hope the park has taken feedback from guest about the food issues this year so maybe it will be better

My girlfriend is wanting to take me to Dollywood Saturday September 30th for my birthday. Is Lightning Rod still down/unreliable? The only reason I want to go is for the food and LR. I've already been to Dollywood a couple of times, so I am solely going for LR. I live in Richmond, VA so it's like a six hour drive. Keep that in mind and I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and feelings. Thanks!

^^ It's also hard to forecast when the random CD day is going to be. Twice this year I saw it run consistently for a month, book a trip, and then have it go down before I arrive.
Exactly and when it goes down it might be a day or two.. or it might be a week.. the longest was almost a month this year? So yeah, very hard to tell.. last year though, late September, early October, it ran the best! Maybe you will get lucky and the same this year

I forgot to mention this last week when I was at Splash Country but I had a different experience on big Bear plunge. The lifeguard made us get in the raft with another couple and for as he said "safety reasons" made that couple put their legs across each other and then me put my legs over theirs and my girlfriends over mine so all 4 of us had our legs crossed. It was just a tad awkward since we didn't know them and the raft really isn't that big but they were still cool with it lol but I probably would have just skipped the slide if I knew about that before waiting.

On the other family raft ride there they made us pair up with another couple but we just sat Indian style like how most places are.

I've been to about 7 water parks this year and quite a few over the years and never seen the leg crossing thing before. I get having to be paired up to get more people in the raft and have no issues with that cause a lot of parks do that but I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this leg crossing thing before?

Happened to me on big bear last season.. by the end of the ride all four of us were all over each other.. luckily we were both young couples so we thought it was funny

If you sit Indian style on it, you bounce on that ride, or used to when they allowed you to sit Indian style.. like bouce enough to almost fall out

Has there been any new official news on what ride will be closing?

I heard from a few operator hosts a ride, but do not know if I can post it on here without getting in trouble.

But I can say make sure you ride all the water rides before Labor day!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No, the announcement didn't include any closures or any new rides.. odd that the rumor is still floating among ride ops so I guess JDWades source might still be correct.

I'm sure it's safe to post the ride name but it will be welcomed with "it's probably not true", "hope it's not true" and typical rumor stuff haha no problems with that though!

We have all learned that you must take Dollywood ops with a grain of salt.. well this is true for ops at any park, most know the same we do and get their rumors from the same place.. Dollywoods management wouldn't tell ride ops anything official at this point because it would "leak" out

Edited by dstephe9

Happened to me on big bear last season.. by the end of the ride all four of us were all over each other.. luckily we were both young couples so we thought it was funny

If you sit Indian style on it, you bounce on that ride, or used to when they allowed you to sit Indian style.. like bouce enough to almost fall out

Thanks, that makes sense. Everyone else I saw were groups of 3 so I was just curious, we all laughed about it cause it was definitely different lol

No, the announcement didn't include any closures or any new rides.. odd that the rumor is still floating among ride ops so I guess JDWades source might still be correct.

I'm sure it's safe to post the ride name but it will be welcomed with "it's probably not true", "hope it's not true" and typical rumor stuff haha no problems with that though!

I was there for the announcement, was hoping, but nothing. Lol. The Christmas and pumpkin festival was cool though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks, that makes sense. Everyone else I saw were groups of 3 so I was just curious, we all laughed about it cause it was definitely different lol

Haha yeah, now it would be awkward if we were matched with an older family, or family with young kids or something but we got matched with a college couple so it was all fun and games.. we actually followed them down to the water coaster and was matched with them again then parted ways after that haha

Planning my first ever trip to Dollywood for this weekend. Only planning on going Saturday as it open from 10-9p, I feel that should be plenty of time to enjoy the park. Imagine should be a little less busy since schools are starting to be back in session? Also, I know it's a gamble with LR, but how has that been lately? Operating daily with 1 train? Thank you!

Wow wasn't expecting River Battle to be removed but then again it was the least busy of their water rides.

It wouldn't be a flashy addition, but I would love to see some flats added in that space to add more things on the loop around the park.

My guess is that this will make room for the expansion up to the train loop. They need more space so they can make the elevation change ADA accessible so shifting the walking path into River Battle's footprint will allow them to do construction/grading where the rest of the ride was and the retaining wall/owl photo op is.

Edited by ernierocker