TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Dear God. . . This thing looks better and better with every new photo. Looks like will be back to visiting the park every other weekend next season!!

(I'm still hoping it doesn't have spinning trains) mainly because if it does I know my partner will never get to ride it. . . Which is going to cause me to not enjoy it as much. #PleaseNoSpinning

This coaster is looking amazing. I just can't believe how such a quaint and calm park like Silver Dollar City can devise such crazy rides. Though, I'm kinda baffled by the complete absence of theming anywhere during the ride. Maybe they will pull an Outlaw Run and use the terrain and setting as the theme, but if they go with the time travel theme, it would be hard to symbolize time travel with out at least some theming during the ride. Maybe the theming will come at a later time in construction or do what Hansa Park did with Karnan and add the theming after the ride was built to spread out the cost.

Theming will be the last thing put in place.

Apparently the station building is very, very close to be entirely complete. The walkways to and from are just about finished, and there is even AC inside. Sounds like it could be highly themed like Wildfire's station? That's my hope at least.

Honestly, Wildfire never gets mentioned enough for just how awesome its station is. Outside of parks connected to major media companies, I have yet to find a more intriguing station for a coaster.

Apparently the station building is very, very close to be entirely complete. The walkways to and from are just about finished, and there is even AC inside. Sounds like it could be highly themed like Wildfire's station? That's my hope at least.

Honestly, Wildfire never gets mentioned enough for just how awesome its station is. Outside of parks connected to major media companies, I have yet to find a more intriguing station for a coaster.

I absolutely love Wildfire's station. It's beautiful! I honestly don't mind waiting in longer lines on wildfire because I'm bound to find a new interesting detail every time. The theming is just so detailed!

I absolutely love Wildfire's station. It's beautiful! I honestly don't mind waiting in longer lines on wildfire because I'm bound to find a new interesting detail every time. The theming is just so detailed!

Ain't that the truth. I went over spring break earlier this year and the line was so long that it was in the upstairs queue line. I didn't even know there was an upstairs queue line. I liked being so close to that airship thing. It was fun even if I did wait an hour and a half to ride. Lol.

Yeah I have been tempted to walk behind there to the overflow queue to look at more of the theming. I think I have been thru there only once or twice in the many years it has been at the park. Its unfortunate in the fact that Wildfire has the shortest coaster line in the park so most never get to appreciate the station theming.

Edited by sdcfan88

Yeah I have been tempted to walk behind there to the overflow queue to look at more of the theming. I think I have been thru there once or twice in the many years it has been at the park. Its unfortunate in the fact that Wildfire has the shortest coaster line in the park so most never get to appreciate the station theming.

Not just that, but if the line is short, the lab scene with the animatronic door and science equipment isn't even lit up or doing anything. It's a shame that amazing theming gets hidden on slow, even some normal days. I feel they should just make the line permanently go by that scene as it tells a lot of the ride's storyline. On another note, a lot of the theming in Wildfires station has seemed to be touched up this year, including the mist when the train is dispatched. It has worked consistently every single visit I've had this year.

Yeah I have been tempted to walk behind there to the overflow queue to look at more of the theming. I think I have been thru there once or twice in the many years it has been at the park. Its unfortunate in the fact that Wildfire has the shortest coaster line in the park so most never get to appreciate the station theming.

Not just that, but if the line is short, the lab scene with the animatronic door and science equipment isn't even lit up or doing anything. It's a shame that amazing theming gets hidden on slow, even some normal days. I feel they should just make the line permanently go by that scene as it tells a lot of the ride's storyline. On another note, a lot of the theming in Wildfires station has seemed to be touched up this year, including the mist when the train is dispatched. It has worked consistently every single visit I've had this year.

I feel like if they had it so everybody had to walk through the switchbacks even if there isn't a line you'd have a lot of kids (and adults even, I saw it on Mystic Timbers) climbing over or crawling under the handrails and then you'd almost always have an operator yelling at people for doing so.

^You would. Batman the Ride, at STSTL has a crazy long queue. I've seen whole families dipping under queue railings to avoid 30 feet of walking. Sometimes they will dip under as you patiently walk around, only for them to have enough courtesy to wait for you to walk by before joining in at their exact previous position in line...

^You would. Batman the Ride, at STSTL has a crazy long queue. I've seen whole families dipping under queue railings to avoid 30 feet of walking. Sometimes they will dip under as you patiently walk around, only for them to have enough courtesy to wait for you to walk by before joining in at their exact previous position in line...

Yeah. I saw the same thing at Mystic Timbers, except it was whole school groups. And of course there were some kids that would slip and fall while climbing over and then the grouper at the top of the stairs would yell at them.

I've seen kids injure themselves on a couple different occasions jumping the railings in the park part of the Batman queue. They should make passthroughs at the spots where the paths get close enough to do so.

Yes, your right, SFSTL Batman ride queue line is crazy long, way to long, and I sometime do jump railings to, to skip walking so much. I dont care to walk but if I can just jump a rail and not walk around the railings unessary, then I'll skip them.

One reason I don't complain about Batman's long queue is because it eats so many people while you're walking that by the time you get to the station you're usually ready to board a train.

They should make passthroughs at the spots where the paths get close enough to do so.

I disagree. I think that at the place I most commonly see people jump the railing people should be patient enough to take the extra seven seconds to walk around the 20 extra feet of railing.

I keep telling myself after living in Missouri for 6 years now, I'm immune to surprise at the lengths people here will go in order to avoid walking yet they still find a way. I swear if SDC came up with a way to charge for a shorter *distance* line, not necessarily shorter *wait* time, they'd make a fortune.

I'm only going to say this once...

We will be posting the announcement tomorrow as soon as the materials are available to us.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LINKS OR IMAGES TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE TPR DOES!

Anyone who does this will be banned forever from Theme Park Review.

Let me explain...

Posting the new ride information before we can do it actually creates MORE WORK for us as most of the time people who come on our forum and post info about a new ride will do a crappy job of it and then we have to not only do the work we are going to do to make a proper post about the new ride, but also clean up the garbage posts that people make.

No one here will get any extra points or look any "cooler" for being "first" to post the information. We aren't about being first we are about having good quality content. Please respect that. Thank you.

I am so beyond stoked for the announcement. It's been hard to keep up the excitement since the development has been so drawn out, but it's all been rushing back at me today.

Cedar Point and KD are going to get fantastic rides, but this right here will be entirely different. This could be among the last times we'll see something truly groundbreaking at a theme park of this scale. There aren't a whole lot of decent world's firsts left to reach, but SDC is promising to grab at least one. I don't think it's just a question of spinning or not, I think there could be a whole lot of details wrapped up in this announcement that will blow our minds.

... and honestly I'm still probably the most excited to see how crazy they are going to get with all the theming. Remember, this is supposed to be the "biggest" single ride in park history - bigger than Wildfire. What "bigger" means, I am still trying to figure out. The track itself isn't that big, so that could imply a bunch of other things to be added around it later?

In a news article from a few months ago, they specifically called it a "game changer" for the amusement park industry.

In a news article from a few months ago, they specifically called it a "game changer" for the amusement park industry.

I'm mean I'm as excited about this project as the anyone else but parks have blowing things out of proportion in marketing/promotions department for years.

I'm sure whatever is announced will be great, a really really awesome ride, but lets honest it's probably still just going to be a some kind of roller coaster at the end of the announcement.

^ My thoughts exactly.

I'm looking forward to the announcement, but let's not get carried away. Unfortunately, I'll be working from 6pm-6am tonight, so most of the excitement will be pages long by then. Looks like I'm in for another night shift hangover groggy day of sorting through "zomg I'm so X-ited " posts in order to find real information!

I'm mean I'm as excited about this project as the anyone else but parks have blowing things out of proportion in marketing/promotions department for years.

While this is for sure true... SDC has never really been one to blow things out of proportion when it comes to marketing without truly delivering!

I'm beyond excited for this announcement!! Yes, as said before CP, and KD are both going to be getting kick ass coasters, but I have a feeling SDC's addition is going to give them a run for their money. Not to mention theming!! Ohhh, SDC's theming!!!