TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Very cool announcements, I've only been to Hershey once and didn't do the water park before but I think I might get a season pass for next year. I was gonna get one for this year and didn't end up doing so. For me Hershey is just far enough to be a pain to drive there and back in one day(about 2.5 hours each way) but not far enough to warrant a hotel so that's why I didn't bother this year.

Hershey is claiming this as their 14th coaster. Come on this is not a real coaster and should not be in your coaster count. Don't pull the equivalent of SF calling superloops coasters.

Can we not start with this? No one cares about this except whiny enthusiasts.

Hershey is claiming this as their 14th coaster. Come on this is not a real coaster and should not be in your coaster count. Don't pull the equivalent of SF calling superloops coasters.

Don't call a water slide a coaster and there is no discussion.

It's a water coaster, not a water slide.

http://www.hersheypark.com/2018/

2018-aerial.thumb.jpg.e3af6322dd9a5187f0251da0d86e90ea.jpg

Our 14th coaster is making waves! Breakers Edge℠ Water Coaster smoothly rockets riders through splash-filled hills, tight turns, and sweet thrills that are perfect for the whole family.

breakers-edge-logo.png.5e7b2eb2ac96e66433ebf264675d067e.png

• First HydroMAGNETIC Coaster with Flying Saucer Turns
  • Linear Induction Motors Provide a Smooth Ride Experience
  • 4-person In-line Rafts

whitecap-racer-logo.png.c56296266a2bf72341c6be5f916aa7f7.png

Experience the longest mat racing slide in the world! Race through the turns and tunnels of Whitecap℠ Racer and see who can best the crest by the end of the season.

• Only Mat Racer with 2 Sets of Looping Tunnels
  • 6 Colorful Racing Lanes
  • Competition-inducing Slider Timing System

breakers-edge.thumb.jpg.a2581affc45df9b77066fb7707936ba3.jpg

white-cap.thumb.jpg.a46a92e6c3fa5cbdda4dea3d08b91d5d.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

It's a water coaster, not a water slide.

A so called water coaster is just a water slide that you sit in a tube. Using the logic that these are coasters than flumes are coasters too. But, nobody calls flumes coasters b/c they aren't.

Looks like two solid additions for the Boardwalk! I haven't spent any time over there before, but I might consider going to the water park with the new water coaster.

Watched the announcement stream off of Hersheypark's FB page and immediately after the announcement several people began to complain that the new water coaster is "not a real rollercoaster". That's enthusiasts for you I guess.