TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[VEKOMA] UPDATED 2022 Something is being built @ Vekoma Vlodrop

^You're looking too far into that, all it means is when the train exits the lift hill, it rotates along with the track into the flying position from laying backwards. More than likely has nothing to do with this project or Phantasialand's

• 2 weeks later...

Passengers will be tilted while riding, which will save time and increase capacity. Immediately after the crest of the lift, when the train rotates, the passenger will experience the sensational feeling of getting into a flying position and the sudden height they will be exposed to. On the lift, because of the lift angle the gaU (guest accommodation Unit) remains in upright position, allowing for a spectacular view over the park emergency evacuation on the lift is quite simple; the gaU is already in upright position. The stairs on both sides of the lift will guide the passengers safely to the ground. Experience cutting edge roller coaster technology with our Flying Dutchman coaster.[/b]

These are welcomed features, for sure. It's interesting to see Vekoma stick with the flyers, trying to iron out the kinks and discomforts, and make the design simpler and more efficient. I always thought that the style was an awesome concept, but the ones I've been on (including all of the U.S. Dutchman coasters) have just felt clunky or uncomfortable, and design-wise seem convoluted. Give me a Sky Coaster or an old school B&M invert, but I like to see Vekoma continue to hack away at it. The company's newer stuff looks stellar.

New legal picture @ Vekoma Vlodrop :

They added somekind of Rider Platfrom to the Test-train :

5a46bfb31b328932657fd27bf9524fc0.jpg

Here a close up image :

d41b2f7870482018f530b6683de2ddc3.jpg

All pictures and info : here

Edited by MrRC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks pretty good so far. Seems as though they're going with a 10 car train at least for the prototype, and I can only assume they'll go with a similar number for the full model. One thing that mildly worries me is that it looks as though they're using an on-board motor to rotate the cars, and Vekoma tried that once before with the original Flying Dutchman model, with no success. Hopefully, the kinks of that are handled by now and the ride can operate smoothly once it's installed.

I'd have to say, Vekoma's been on a roll lately, it's good to see them getting better and better. I really like how this design makes for easy loading of riders and just as easy checking of the restraints. One downside I see is that it forces the entrance and exit to be on the same side of the track, although a separate exit platform can help alleviate this to a degree. I also wonder if the launch will be while the riders are on their back or front...

Can't wait to see what crazy layout Phantasialand and Vekoma can think up for this!

I just drove past Vekoma. The prototype drove his rounds, not much more ... What was more special was Stefan Holtman crossing the street, along with 2 men with a Phantasialand jacket. One of the PHL men carried a professional video camera. That is the prototype for PHL, i'm 1 million percent sure.

Finally, there is probably an event at Vekoma this weekend. There is at least one big tent, and I saw that catering was driven onto the property. Why that event is, I have no idea. Maybe for the invited guests of PHL.

New website : here

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Eddy, it was a pleasure to provide all users with all the updated information.

Hoi Eddy, ik heb het met veel plezier gedaan om alle bezoekers van dit forum en over de hele wereld van informatie te voorzien.

All the info and pictures : here

Seems that some track parts for FLY have been shipped to PHL :

Aug 7th :

2bee37_5fb4a99dbef640b3bed71b3537d55eae~mv2_d_1600_1200_s_2.jpg?dn=FLY_02_WS.jpg

Okt 6th :

2bee37_b0be649ee39c4b38972bb9b2f017625d~mv2_d_1600_1200_s_2.jpg?dn=Foto-0210_WS.jpg

Maybe they gonna re-use some track parts of the set up :

2bee37_f60a3faa112e42d7b85d128d6eeabd60~mv2_d_1600_1200_s_2.jpg?dn=Foto-0209_WS.jpg

All the info and pictures : here

Hi Karla,

Yes i think u may have it right.

In the last picture are the used trackparts of the test set up. But that whole track was black. I don't know why.

But the supports on the test set up where partly brown and black.

I thought , the brown sections are from a building (an excisting in the park) and de black are the added lenght to make it work.

But i was all wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...