TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Moving platform or not, even if they dispatched a train every minute, that's 480 riders/hr. In reality it'll be more like a train every two minutes... Throw in 50% flashpass, and you're looking at 120ish standby riders per hour... so.... I mean this looks like a fantastic ride. I just miss the days where capacity was king - second only to safety - when parks were planning their new attraction.

A conveyor system with inline trains like this ride will really help the ride operate closer to maximum capacity than most rides. Empty seats should be rare. The video appears to show OTSR vest style restraints which will likely load faster and will have fewer walked guests than current RMC coasters. But how long is the longest block? 45 seconds? That means 80 trains an hour and that is still only 640 guests an hour.

The biggest problem I can see with a conveyor system is that they are often cause issues. It took Universal several years to get the system working on Rip Ride Rockit.

Also surprised no one is talking about the fact that the renders show a vest restraint.

For those who are complaining about the PPH on this coaster.... do note that hot 90+ degree HUMID days in Texas are a factor for the rides in this park. By mid afternoon 60+% of the main park empties into the waterpark. Some of the coasters become walk-ons, even with single train operations. The only real exceptions are rides like Pandemonium with an air conditioned queue. It DOES suck that the numbers are gonna be low on it, but even Batman: The Ride has a relatively short line on a hot day, and it's got a horrible capacity as well. The same can be said for a lot of other rides in the park. Just my 2 cents. This ride replaces on of my family's favorite rides in the park (we know Power Surge was nothing special), but I think it'll be something really awesome.

Edited by railsrust

People already complaining and the dern thing aint even built yet

I know right! Literally the day before the announcement it was all whining about how no one had built a Raptor and speculating about when someone would build a Raptor. Boom! Someone does, and immediately complaints. People are awful.

Is there any indication they might have a two track double load/unload system in the station? Just curious.

Actually, Maverick at Cedar Point loads two trains at once, sends the first one out, with the second train following,

and then waiting at the lift hill. In the mean time, two more trains enter the station and unload/load. Etc.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Wow...this looks like a sh%t-ton o' fun!

Just another reason why I need to visit this awesome-looking park really soon after reading some of the TR's on here.

you had BETTER call me if you come to Texas!

After one season of not being able to have a season pass due to budget and schedule I definitely can't miss out next year, it's gonna be a ton of fun. Will also get to check out Thunder Rapids. I really miss theme parking lol

People already complaining and the dern thing aint even built yet

I know right! Literally the day before the announcement it was all whining about how no one had built a Raptor and speculating about when someone would build a Raptor. Boom! Someone does, and immediately complaints. People are awful.

I like to look at the best things in each situation. Strange color scheme? It'll stand out more on the park's skyline. Shoulder straps? It'll be more cozy, like on a wing rider. Low capacity? More time to stand in line and watch the ride. Plus literally everything else about this coaster looks amazing. I love that they are keeping the old pool from Power Surge, it will make for some cool visuals. 2018 looks to be one of the best years for amusement parks. There is a new coaster at Knott's and California's Great America, RMC coasters going in at Cedar Point and Kings Dominion, this, and Time Traveler. Incredible!

Wow! This looks absolutely amazing. I love the Wonder Woman theme, and the WW logo will look so hot wrapped around the train. I cannot believe how thin the track is. It's absolutely amazing. This coaster is really going to change the landscape on how newer rides are designed. I mean think about it, no miscalculations to cause jack-hammering due to misaligned opposing rails. No one's design has ever come close to being similar to the Anton Schwarzkoph's lattice-box-design (ala Mindbender and Shockwave SFOT) UNTIL NOW!

But now we have a completely solid, unified rail. This thing will be as smooth as butter, and it will hopefully be difficult for SF to mess it up, unless they just refuse to replace the wheels & axle. I'm not concerned about capacity as much, because I think sitting in a single file will create an intense experience. No track to see beside you. No one beside you to hold your hand. The only coaster I've been on with single file seating is Space Mountain at MK and it's so much fun, and gives you a sense of isolation.

Wonder if i should make this a park to visit next year, since i'm going to be getting a SFOG season pass for whatever new hotness they're bringing next year. One park with TWO RMC's! Isn't that like a coaster lover's dream?

So I'm assuming the SFFT version of the ride is the "triple out" layout based on this blueprint leaked a couple years ago. Some things are slightly different like the height of the ride, but everything else seems to match up

So can't help but wonder IF there is a 2nd raptor planned for let's say a Cedar Fair park, if it'll be the other version (double out). This version has the more airtime-ish layout and is the one RMC premiered in a video at IAAPA in 2015.

Also wondering if each park chain will continue to clone these respective layouts or will they mix and match based on plots of land available or budget (the triple out is 200ft shorter so I'm assuming slightly cheaper, of course Six Flags would pick the cheaper one )

RMCRaptor.jpg.8dcb0e4d0099f383ff3b6f6a2b69de58.jpg

2cgblae.thumb.png.a331cd4942fbeb2dfe4314802e222681.png

Edited by Superbatboy

Here's my overall thoughts on the addition:

Positives:

-Insane Ejector Air

-Heavily Themed Queue

-Possible water effects

-Quarry backdrop

-No bins on the station leading for faster load times

We'll have to wait and see:

-I personally don't think the colors will look good against the Quarry, but it's just a rendering, and seeing how Riddler's Revenge at SFMM turned out, I'm holding out hope

Negatives:

-OSTRs. I've ridden rides with "barely touching" OSTRs, and even if these are the snug vest restraints that they appear to be, they don't provide the freedom of a lapbar

-Dispatch Times. RMC Says that it'll take 80 seconds to dispatch a train. That's like checking one California Screamin restraint every 10 seconds, and that makes me very worried

-Color Scheme. The color scheme does not remind me of Wonder Woman in any way, shape, or form

-WHAT THE HECK IS WITH THAT NAME. I'm hoping Six Flags was just rushing to get that announcement out and the final name will be different, because I'm sorry, but Wonder Woman: Golden Lasso Coaster is just plain horrible.

Overall, I think it'll be a solid addition to the park, and I'm holding out hope that everything besides the capacity gets fixed before opening day. Let's just say in a fantasy world that the ride has lapbars, they pick a super wicked name, and the paint turns into Red, Blue, and Yellow with dark grey splashed in there, I think the ride's only problem will be long lines

Being able to (presumably) unload and load on opposite sides of the station should help there compared to the free spins.

You do realize the load/unload is not going to be the limiting factor, it's the 8 passengers and blocking of the coaster. The dispatch times are going to be limited by blocking regardless of how fast they load 8 people. If the blocking allows 1 min per dispatch you only get to 480pph, if it allows 45 seconds you're still only at 720pph.

^ True but loading and unloading on opposite sides will help them achieve whatever dispatch interval they are going for.

The load/unload area on the free spins or any ride that loads/unloads on the same time can turn into a cluster really quick.

^ True but loading and unloading on opposite sides will help them achieve whatever dispatch interval they are going for.

It's actually limited by the blocking, they could have a train loaded and ready and it still has to wait. That's all the moving floor will do is maybe allow minimum dispatch time. RMC set spec capacity at 600pph for 3 trains. Spec capacity is based on minimum dispatch time with the blocking as the limitation. RMC by setting 600pph is telling us 48 seconds is the minimum dispatch time.