TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

It's a good layout that packs a punch and the first drop at the back row would be legendary. But two 8 persons trains??

The 8 persons trains shouldn't be too much of a problem once all the hype dies down as long as the ride time is similar to Goliath at SFGam.

Welp, didn't see this coming.

Looks ridiculous, and the air in the back of the train on that first drop is going to be sick. This certainly makes me wonder what Cedar Fair have up their sleeve for Knotts and CGA since everyone was convinced the first RMCraptor was going to one of those. Also if, like the freespins, is this the only SF Park getting one for 2018, with more coming at other SF parks in subsequent years?

Two major negatives: the capacity is going to absolutely suck on this thing, and shame one of the hottest parks in the country didnt replace a water ride with another water ride.

I have a strong feeling this won't be the only one being built in the Six Flags chain this year.

I strongly suspect that this is what will go in the space next to Joker at SFOT! That space will be just about big enough for it once they demolish the remaining buildings.

Edited by Sportsdude360

Awesome. I was hesitant to comment on this since given the announcement time and the fact that there's only one story on Google News I figured they sent this to everyone (including TPR) with an embargo and USA Today completely ignored it. I have no way of knowing if this is true, but it seems like that's probably what happened since nobody else has posted it.

Anyway a few thoughts...

1) I'm really surprised by this news. I really didn't see Six Flags going this direction and the fact that they are is really exciting.

2) The first drop should provide an absurd amount of airtime in the back seats. I was going to say back "row" but , which brings me to my next point...

3) 8 Passenger trains?

I guess it's really no worse than the Premier Sky Rocket that they built at Discovery Kingdom. Maybe it won't be as bad as we think. It definitely seems like this is the ride to run to at rope drop though.

4) The fact that they didn't use the terrain even though they could have easily done so (it's actually replacing a ride that did use the terrain) and instead chose to build it on flat ground leads me to believe they're open to the idea of cloning this which sounds awesome to me. It would have been cool to see a vertical drop off the cliff though. This is PURELY speculative bullsh*t on my part.

5) I guess we need to finally pull the trigger on that Texas trip next year.

Does it look like to anyone else that there are OTSR on these trains?

Yes, at first I thought they were just lap bars that come down over the top (sort of like Skyrush) but there does appear to be some kind of black vest on them. That's fine with me though. Maverick has similar restraints and that ride is a kick a** airtime machine with awesome inversions. They don't detract from the ride one bit.

Plus it's just a rendering. Things like that can easily change and often do.

All of their coasters have looked like batshit crazy NoLimits creations and this is no exception. Following the construction is going to be really fun.

Really, he described the ride experience is going to be "edgy"?

Thatsa what them young hips wanna hear. Should have called it Six Flag's edgiest coaster. Wait no that's superman. It lives on the edge.

Edited by PKI Jizzman

Parks opening coasters that have less capacity than single train operations on a B&M just makes me shake with rage. But I also Six Flags is looking to go cheap, so that's what we're gonna get.

I think it will be a good ride so long as any OTSRs aren't too bulky. I also think in a park with Iron Rattler and Superman already present that I'd have preferred them go with a mid-size wood coaster from Gravity Group or GCI. But then they'd need to maintain it, so there's that.

Hopefully this ride will have a setup similar to Verboten and Cheetah Hunt where two trains load at once. If they have four total trains with two in the station, one on the tracks and one on the break run, I can see it working. Any less and this thing will be a nightmare to wait for. However, I will wait because this thing looks amazing!

Hopefully this ride will have a setup similar to Verboten and Cheetah Hunt where two trains load at once. If they have four total trains with two in the station, one on the tracks and one on the break run, I can see it working. Any less and this thing will be a nightmare to wait for. However, I will wait because this thing looks amazing!

Based on the super long brake run I would think this ride will have 3 trains. Whether or not Six Flags will actually run 3 trains on a daily basis after it's first season is yet to be determined. There's no reason for this ride to have more than 3 trains with no midcourse.

I would imagine that part of this ride's appeal to Six Flags is that since it only has one across trains so it would really only require 1 seat checker and 1 op at the panel, cutting down on labor costs since you wouldn't need to station someone on either side of the platform. No way in hell this has 2 load platforms. Six Flags isn't in the business of adding operating expenses unnecessarily.

Even with subpar ride ops I would think they could check and dispatch this train really quickly even with only 1 seat checker. There are only 8 seats on it.

I wonder if the announcement happening at 2 today was for this.

No. The 2:00 announcement is for the new petting zoo. They're announcing it on the same day as the new, first-of-it's-kind 110 foot tall coaster. They thought that would be a good idea.