TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I went by the park Friday and I was thinking it would be busy, since it's still summer. It was 104 but in that quarry wall, there is no breeze. I'm pretty sure I was sweating out water as I drank it. But, because of the hot weather the park was dead.

20170704_112635.thumb.jpg.9f8bf65d891b28b3400b3de80736e2cf.jpg

Sorry to disturb the 2018 speculation, but I have to chime in to say how nice this park is. While Magic Mountain and Great Adventure are often considered the chain's 2 best parks with enthusiasts, this is the nicest Six Flags park I've been too. Great theming in every area and it never felt tacky like it does at other Six Flags parks. The park's setting is also amazing and the ops were sending trains out fast on everything.

Oh and it certainly helps that Iron Rattler is absolutely insane. It's definitely in my top 5 and I think it may be my new number 2 just behind Fury.

I agree! The most authentic park in the chain behind SFOT ofcourse.

^ I went to SFOT the following day and loved that park as well. But I give the upper hand to Fiesta Texas.

If they are getting a Pulsar or another water ride, I think it's a great move for the park. On Saturday, the two longest lines by far were Gully Washer and Bugs' White Water Rapids. Plus it'd be a first in the US.

Though has anyone mentioned Aquatrax yet?

^ I went to SFOT the following day and loved that park as well. But I give the upper hand to Fiesta Texas.

If they are getting a Pulsar or another water ride, I think it's a great move for the park. On Saturday, the two longest lines by far were Gully Washer and Bugs' White Water Rapids. Plus it'd be a first in the US.

Though has anyone mentioned RMC Lauched inverted Aquatrax yet?

FTFY

At the park today, just got to say, what has happened to this place? Trash all about, the smell of puke in more than one area, rides breaking down left and right, the once awesome shows....??? List goes on and on. This used to be one of the best six flags.

:lol: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm blocked from that group after commenting on this hilarious post that ARN&R picked up on.

I am legitimately confused by that post. This guy has problems with management, so he decides to go to the park after an astounding 3 month break? What happened with them? Sorry, but the amount of stupidity found among Coaster Enthusiasts nowadays is just astounding

At the park today, just got to say, what has happened to this place? Trash all about, the smell of puke in more than one area, rides breaking down left and right, the once awesome shows....??? List goes on and on. This used to be one of the best six flags.

That's a complete contrast to my visit on Saturday. The park was very clean outside of the parking lot, but that's because people don't ever care to use trash buckets in an amusement park parking lot.

I didn't have an issue with rides being down either. I think Superman and Bugs had quick breakdowns based on my Flash Pass alerts, but other than that everything was open.

That's a complete contrast to my visit on Saturday. The park was very clean outside of the parking lot, but that's because people don't ever care to use trash buckets in an amusement park parking lot.

I didn't have an issue with rides being down either. I think Superman and Bugs had quick breakdowns based on my Flash Pass alerts, but other than that everything was open.

Hope I just had an "off" day for the employees at park. I always really enjoy Fiesta, but when the smell of puke is prevalent at a little after opening....and in more than a few areas had me concerned. Plus entry plaza was a disgrace.

Have no idea how the ball was dropped on this but someone's getting fired lol j/k Somehow SFFT announcement was leaked early and USA Today posted...

"Wonder Woman will climb a 113-foot hill, drop about 100 feet straight down at 90-degrees, and hit a top speed of 52 mph. It will include overbanked turns and the free-floating sensation known as airtime. Among its three inversions will be a "180-degree stall",

There you have it folks SFFT will be getting the first RMC Raptor http://amp.usatoday.com/story/534583001/

Edited by robbalvey

Have no idea how the ball was dropped on this but someone's getting fired lol j/k Somehow SFFT announce was leaked early and USA Today posted

"Wonder Woman will climb a 113-foot hill, drop about 100 feet straight down at 90-degrees, and hit a top speed of 52 mph. It will include overbanked turns and the free-floating sensation known as airtime. Among its three inversions will be a "180-degree stall",

There have it SFFT will be getting the first RMC Raptor http://amp.usatoday.com/story/534583001/

The first of most likely many clones. lol

It looks like RMC built their prototype Raptor into the layout.

Here's the full article, for anyone to lazy to open the link

Six Flags Fiesta Texas announced Wonder Woman Golden Lasso coaster for 2018, the first RMC Raptor track coaster

636372912772755844-Wonder-Woman-single-rail-coaster-first-drop-90-degrees.jpg.c26827e6bfec411b9190fd508d2615f7.jpg

Six Flags announced today that Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster will open next spring at its Fiesta Texas location in San Antonio. The park says the new attraction won't look or behave like any thrill machine that preceded it. That's because instead of riding a set of two rails like traditional coasters, its narrow trains would soar along one 15.5-inch-wide steel track. It will be the world's first single-rail coaster.

"I expect it to be crazy smooth," says Larry Chickola, Six Flags VP and chief corporate engineer. "And crazy fun. There will be extremely quick twists and turns – quicker and smoother than regular coasters."

Before settling on "single-rail" to describe the new genre of ride, the engineer referred to it as a "monorail" coaster. But Chickola said the designation might conjure thoughts of the slow and poky vehicles used to transport passengers at airports and elsewhere. Wonder Woman, he insists, will be the opposite of poky: a "high-thrill and edgy experience." Above all, however, he emphasizes that it should be velvety smooth.

Why is Chickola forecasting a super-smooth ride? Traditional wooden coasters are known for knocking passengers around. Their rickety, rough-and-tumble ride experience is part of their charm. Steel-tracked coasters can mitigate some of the roughness, but even they have an inherent problem: Because they ride on two rails, the slightest misalignment between the left and right sides can result in moments of roughness. With Wonder Woman's single rail, nothing could get out of sync.

The coaster will be "visually stunning," says Jeffrey Siebert, president of Six Flags Fiesta Texas. It will be set against the multi-hued quarry wall that surrounds the park. Visitors may be surprised when they first encounter the ride. "It's just going to look wrong, but in a nice way," Siebert adds. Instead of a wooden coaster's lattice-like timber structure, Wonder Woman will have steel supports. But its ultra-thin track won't require as many supports as a typical steel coaster. Chickola says it will look like a thin ribbon of track suspended in the sky.

The eight passengers aboard the coaster's trains will have unique views as well. Each car will have a single seat. There won't be anybody sitting to the left or right. And when they look to either side, riders won't see any track either. The single rail, a scant few inches wider than a foot-long sub, will be underneath the train. If passengers lean over the cars, they'll see straight down to the ground. "You're going to feel like your gliding through the air," says Chickola.

Wonder Woman will climb a 113-foot hill, drop about 100 feet straight down at 90-degrees, and hit a top speed of 52 mph. It will include overbanked turns and the free-floating sensation known as airtime. Among its three inversions will be a "180-degree stall," in which the train will roll halfway over and suspend riders for a few agonizing moments before it unrolls and returns them right-side-up.

Siebert says that it is going to be "odd to go upside down on such a tiny track. It will feel like you're riding Wonder Woman's whip." The ride's queue will include a crashed airplane, Greco-Greek architecture, and other references to the comic book world of the female superhero, whose popularity surged after the huge success of the recent Wonder Woman movie.

The stall inversion is a signature element of the coaster's designer and manufacturer, Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC). The innovative ride company has developed its own take on coaster rails, which it calls "IBox" track. Instead of the tubular steel track that is used on traditional steel coasters, IBox track is flat on top and configured like the letter "I." The trains' side friction wheels, which help tether the cars to the rails, fit into the track's I-shaped channels. The unique track may account for the especially smooth rides that RMC coasters deliver.

The New Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas was the first coaster to feature IBox track. The park chain followed that with Iron Rattler at Fiesta Texas. Both of the rides were traditional wooden coasters that had not aged well and were notoriously rough. RMC left the wooden structures intact, but removed the original tracks and replaced them with IBox tracks. Known as hybrid wooden-steel coasters, the two repurposed Six Flags rides are now gloriously smooth.

RMC's designers took the basic concepts of their IBox track and developed the single-rail system, which the ride company refers to as "raptor track." Using the next evolution of the breakthrough IBox track, Wonder Woman may whip its park mate, Iron Rattler, for slithery smoothness.

636372912777747876-Wonder-Woman-single-rail-coaster-inversion-2.jpg.3228bbeb708981b8e927b8e9641058b5.jpg

636372912870100468-Wonder-Woman-single-rail-coaster-invdersion.jpg.fbe8131ed11541256a63055f5c07a778.jpg

636372912918148776-Wonder-Woman-single-rail-coaster1.jpg.5686d28a0a05364231eb0bd5d64f5949.jpg

636372912985541208-Wonder-Woman-single-rail-coaster3.jpg.dfab0cf7125b7e78349694e7a4129419.jpg

636372913059329681-Wonder-Woman-single-rail-coaster2.jpg.292857a2ae858a301e11879d1f6a6cf5.jpg

636372915181723286-Wonder-Woman-single-rail-coaster4.jpg.7e2deb537592ffe6e315cd6d2be0c503.jpg

Source

Edited by robbalvey