TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

Great report! I had so much fun there last year in the half day that I went back for a week long family vacation this year. Between all the tourist trap activities, Dollywood, and the mountains, there was more than enough to stay busy for a week.

Was there construction for the zipline at Rowdy Bear Mountain? When I was there in early June, it looked like they were still finalizing the coaster building since it looks much nicer now.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today we made a return trip to Kings Island! If there was an award for "most improved corporate park of the past decade" I think it could go to Kings Island! Ever since Cedar Fair bought this park I feel like they have been doing a ton of work to improve the attractions and the overall guest experience. Rides like Diamondback, Banshee, and Mystic Timbers are GREAT! The availability of Fast Lane really improves your visit, especially when you come from out of town and you don't visit the park that often.

I was at the park earlier this year for the Mystic Timbers media event and was excited to return for more rides. Thankfully the park let us come in early on the night before so we could get some rides on the coaster in the pitch black! It's awesome! While I know a lot of people love riding The Beast at night (as do I) the park now has another contender for "best night ride" on a coaster!

Onto some photos & video!

We shot a really cool 360 video of Mystic Timbers that includes a full "shed" reveal. You need to view this in your smartphone using the YouTube app to be able to look around. And yes, while the shed is sort of cheesy, I also think it's fun and it's better than just sitting on a brake run...

DF3CzdAUIAEQDI8.jpg

We have just arrived at Kings Island! Nice to see Don Helbig! Can't wait to ride Mystic Timbers again tonight!

DF3JSyAUQAAIjVC.jpg

Still one of my all-time favorite B&M inverted coasters!

DF3OzQtUMAE09nB.jpg

Time for some Racer! Are "team red" or "team blue?"

DF3cDSdUQAEE3P4.jpg

This is how we LOVE The Beast at Kings Island! Dark, spooky, and AWESOME!!!

DF3ic4yV0AADREs.jpg

While we love The Beast at night... Kings Island has another amazing night ride... Mystic Timbers!!!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DF3vwXnVwAAKf2V.jpg

The crew at Mystic Timbers tonight have been AWESOME! Thank you for making our first night at Kings Island amazing!

DF4BusQWsAIAzOP.jpg

Had a great first night at Kings Island! See you again tomorrow morning!

DF51xd1VYAAEb_V.jpg

Starting our morning off doing some filming on Mystic Timbers!

CSJL1771.thumb.png.bb54326dd357d82403c195aa807fb320.pngSome happy riders on Mystic Timbers!

79570443_timbers1.thumb.jpg.fbaedd367325368baed177c3043b25e7.jpgI'm not quite sure what the girls were doing here! lol

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DF6iTJ9XoAEFiyq.jpg

You guys are about to ride a LEGENDARY coaster!

DF6kz6pXcAAzK8k.jpg

Our weather was absolutely beautiful today!

DF6nwPBUAAAyQ_M.jpg

The Bat is a "classic" and we love it! These Arrow suspended are a rare breed now.

DF6tVRDXsAIVdE1.jpg

How many of our readers love Diamondback?

DF6vWCqVwAAzmKF.jpg

DF6vWCnVwAAE08d.jpg

DF6vWCnVoAI6S8p.jpg

When in Ohio...

DF6x9sBXsAMCZQh.jpg

Team Blue!!!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DF6_rc3WAAE870f.jpg

Diamondback vs. The Beast! Who would win?

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DF7LaL_W0AcUQnL.jpg

DF7LaLvWsAAR5mR.jpg

DF7LaLvWAAA7jsP.jpg

I'm just going to keep taking lots of pictures of Banshee if you don't mind!

DF7UAJSW0AAWxVX.jpg

How many of our followers have been on Firehawk?

DF7ZFECXcAAy2aK.jpg

DF7ZFEEXoAA2DSJ.jpg

DF7ZFEDWAAIzMrX.jpg

DF7ZFEkXsAAf0RL.jpg

Going up the Eiffel Tower at Kings Island is a MUST!!! The views are FANTASTIC!!!

DF7SAdTWsAAvI6R.jpg

TPR waves hi from on high at Kings Island! Photo: TheGreatZo

DF7irseXsAARoF5.jpg

We ran into Don Helbig again today! Thanks for everything Don! Having an awesome day here at Kings Island!

DF7i8ceXsAAgtVC.jpg

DF7i8b6XUAA0hbX.jpg

DF7i8cgXUAArnf5.jpg

DF7i8cgWAAAOrms.jpg

The 80s store is awesome! If you love Retrogaming you should check out all the cool things in this store!

DF7jZKkXoAM2ZiY.jpg

DF7jZKHXUAAViZG.jpg

DF7jZKjXoAoxoiX.jpg

Taking another ride on Diamondback!

DF7kAMhXoAAjDrH.jpg

Always an amazing view!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DF7t9sKWsAEdpDP.jpg

"Mystic Timbers is my favorite GCI woodie!" -an actual quote from Elissa Alvey

DF7wCp9WAAAbffD.jpg

Had another fantastic visit to Kings Island today! Looking forward to next time...

Now please POST YOUR COMMENTS! After all, we took the time to write the report, thru very least you can do is say something about it!

Edited by robbalvey

wow. . bravo, Robb.

those pics from the top of the tower are absolutely spectacular!

love them.

. . . and it looks like y'all continue to have a fantastic time.

wow. . bravo, Robb.

those pics from the top of the tower are absolutely spectacular!

Thanks! And all taken with my little tiny iPhone SE! lol

it's not the size of the camera. . . . . it's the width of the data card. . .

(or so I've heard. . )

I rode Firehawk when it was still X-Flight at SWFA. Does that count?

I'm going to Cincinnati for Oktoberfest this year and was dismayed to find that Kings Island will be closed that weekend! Fortunately, we were able to get a room at Castaway Bay for Sunday night so we can hit Halloweekends on Sunday. That Platinum Pass really comes in handy!

I've been to Kings Island three times--once with TPR and twice without--and enjoyed myself each time. I haven't been on Mystic Timbers yet, but I think Robb makes a good point: Rolling through the shed does sound better than just sitting on a brake run.

Always love my home park. Longest we waited yesterday for normal rides was 15 minutes Beast with the shutdown for fireworks was an hour but would have been 15 without the shutdown. We did both Mystic Timbers and Beast at night last night MT is overall my favorite at the park but I still cant bring myself to give it the nod over Beast at night, that could just be a nostalgia thing though. I am glad you guys enjoyed you time up here and it looks like you may have been there Monday as weather was absolutely perfect.

I have the biggest smile right now, reading through this thread. Glad everyone is having an awesome trip! Kings Island has always thoroughly been such a great time each visit. I've only ever been post Son of Beast, though lol. Can't wait to try Mystic Timbers one day. That and park myself in that 80s store. We can really use more Speak & Spells

Great report!!!

With all of the great photos, fun videos and entertaining commentary this probably shouldn't be my main takeaway from the report but ELISSA HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET AN ARTICUNO TO ACTUALLY STAY IN THE F*CKING BALL?!?!?!!? They always run away from me.

Great report!!!

With all of the great photos, fun videos and entertaining commentary this probably shouldn't be my main takeaway from the report but ELISSA HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET AN ARTICUNO TO ACTUALLY STAY IN THE F*CKING BALL?!?!?!!? They always run away from me.

It took 10 golden raspberries and 10 of the special balls. I was getting really nervous!!! About 9 of 12 got him in the ball. One of our TPR people didn't and two random other people (including one kid in tears) didn't.

Articuno was an easy catch but a hard take down for me. It took a minimum of 8 people to beat and all but one in my group caught it. Moltres is the opposite easy take down hard catch. I am 1-3 with that one. The tip we learned yesterday seemed to work for our group. On the first throw use a nanab berry it should break out but on the second throw use the golden and you should catch it.

^ I have NO idea what language this is you all are speaking.

LOL. . I'm old.

(seriously, it took me a good 20 minutes to realize Elissa and coasterbill were talking about Pokemon Go).