TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

When people ask us why we don't do TPR tours anymore...

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG and this....

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 01.35.12.png[/attachment]

OMG!!! IT WAS A HOLIDAY WEEKEND YOU STUPID IDIOT FU*CKING MORON!!!! YOU KNOW **NOTHING** ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA! STOP PRETENDING YOU DO!!!!

Seriously this guy has been tracking our YouTube channel for YEARS and then doing a "report' on how well or bad the TPR YouTube Channel is doing and it is COMEDY GOLD!!!! Everything he says is completely wrong, and everything he thinks he knows about social media is entirely backwards. But hey, he can go on with his little crusade because it's HILARIOUS!!!!

Wow. I think that guy needs a new hobby.

Try stamp collecting.

Dear people visiting our forum...

If you don't like what we have to say, don't like our content, or have issues with how we run our forum...

DO NOT VISIT OUR FORUM!!!

Please do not send me some unwanted wall of text filled with your condescending, obnoxious commentary on how we run our forum. Seriously, we do not care what you think. I cannot stress this enough. We really REALLY do not care and we would rather you just go away and find another theme park forum to frequent.

And I say this because I just received a wall of obnoxious condescending text with their "unsolicited" thoughts on the forum.

Sorry, we don't want your feedback. And I'm just being honest here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Edited by robbalvey

Do people really have nothing better to do with their time? I cant imagine visiting websites that you hate. Doesn't that cut in to precious time spent on sites you actually like?

The invention of the internet revealed that the world is full of morons although I had my suspicions before that.

I just registered here about a week or two ago and all I can say about the forums here is that you guys are brutally honest and I love seriously love it. Can't wait to start posting more and getting to know some of you (looking at you, CoasterBill). I love the site Robb, keep on keepin' on!

I just registered here about a week or two ago and all I can say about the forums here is that you guys are brutally honest and I love seriously love it. Can't wait to start posting more and getting to know some of you (looking at you, CoasterBill). I love the site Robb, keep on keepin' on!

Thank you!

As it is approaching the 10 year anniversary of the Midwest Trip, I found myself feeling nostalgic and wanting to relive some of the amazing memories that came out of that tour; so I logged back into TPR for the first time in forever. I had drifted away from the site and hobby simply due to life and financial issues, and really had no idea that the trips had stopped or that this kind of drama even existed. It blew my mind.

I have nothing but amazing memories of the two trips I had the privilege to go on. And that includes Robb and Elissa. I remember and appreciate all the hard work they put into those trips so that I could have these memories 10 years later. I got to do things I never thought I would be able to do. And it is just so sad to me that because of people's entitlements and terrible selfish attitudes, those opportunities are gone.

100ish people or so (I could be wrong, it seemed like a lot) were on that Midwest trip and everything seemed to go off without a hitch (barring an awesome power outage in Cedar Point) and even if there were issues, Robb and Elissa didn't let it affect the group, they made sure everything was taken care of, with some bonuses thrown in as well. How could people complain? It seemed that every night on that trip, Robb was the last one to turn in, making sure that the site was updated to keep those not on the trip up to date with all of our shenanigans and then the first one ready to go in the morning with that day's plans.

There are some small petty people in this world. As others have said more eloquently than I, there is nothing more awful than attacking someone's child over issues with their parent.

So yeah, I do want to say thank you, Robb and Elissa for the work you did on your tours. They were amazing. You guys were always kind to me. And thanks for letting me do the artwork for our buses! I've got to start getting back into the habit of spending hours on this site again and living vicariously through your trip reports!

It has been a very long time since I logged in. This caught my eye, and I just had to. I will say, life didn't just go off the rails, it steamrolled over my family in a very bad way, for a very long time. Basically, I took care of my mom, as she fought cancer for several years. So, rough times. I did go on a TPR trip long ago. I don't even want to think how many years it has been. The memories of that, helped keep me going during the hardest of times. The videos you guys put in the meantime, were perfect bite size distractions, when needed. I felt connected to an outside world I couldn't be part of. So, I still watched and kept up to some extent on TPR.

I have to say that seeing where this site has gone in that time has been quite something, even inspiring. Hard work does pay off. Having strong positive influences around you, friends, professionals, content, can make a difference in how you try to improve your own life. You get energy from that. I do follow quite a few Youtubers and such, now, and it's the same, long hours dedicated to making their viewers happy. We see only the final product. Most don't consider what goes on behind it, to bring it to life. Even a "simple" onride video. You need the right footage which takes time, then the editing, then processing, where you hope nothing goes wrong. Plus, the business of it all, and keeping up with all the social media platforms. Then there is the TPR events.

Imagine doing all that, while trying to handle 50 or a 100 people on a trip. I remember my trip and while a group of us were just hanging out, having a few drinks, Robb was trying to upload content to the site. This wasn't even a full scale kind of trip. It was supposed to be more of a small scale personal thing, that kind of grew. Yet, there he was, still showing his passion for all this, to share with his community, something special. The trip went flawlessly, thanks to him and Elissa. I never had to worry about the process, only about what fun thing is next. I've heard of the bad apples, and have, of course, seen how much worse things can get thanks to the Internet.

We've all seen the unnecessary, and ugly attacks over nothing. I see people looking to others just to get something out of them. I see the insane amount of entitlement. One channel is taking their first vacation in 9 years. They do insanely creative work and will get back to it after. Yet, some of their viewers savaged them instantly, for doing what is right for their own sanity. How must that person feel? Exactly what Robb has been talking about for years. It's hard to just ignore any of that. We are all human. When you put effort into something, when you put yourself out there beyond what the average person does, you need and deserve to be respected. A person's behavior on a trip, and how honest they are, after, is an indicator of that.

Doing what's right, and common sense. These are qualities that seem to go missing more and more every day. Trips got bad back then. Imagine how much worse it would be, today. The ways of the internet have just accelerated that devolution, and people carry it into the real world so much. I was saddened when they stopped, but, the longer it has been, the more obvious it was the right thing. You don't set yourself on fire, to keep other people warm, especially when that person has thrown away their own blanket.

I'm glad I got my trip to Germany in. And, in a couple of years, I will take my cousin on a similar trip, so that, he has those kind of good memories and experiences I had. That one trip, will keep being a benefit for years to come.

(looking at you, CoasterBill)

Sounds good! You might be disappointed though, I'm actually a really nice guy in real life and not the total dick that I play on the internet .

As for the TPR tours, I've been getting the emails for the trips lately... apparently I did something to get myself in the cool kids club (I really appreciate that by the way). I haven't been able to make one of these trips happen yet but hopefully Brit and I will be able to get on one of them soon. Damn I need more vacation time...

(looking at you, CoasterBill)

Sounds good! You might be disappointed though, I'm actually a really nice guy in real life and not the total dick that I play on the internet .

As for the TPR tours, I've been getting the emails for the trips lately... apparently I did something to get myself in the cool kids club (I really appreciate that by the way). I haven't been able to make one of these trips happen yet but hopefully Brit and I will be able to get on one of them soon. Damn I need more vacation time...

Same situation.. . who knows, maybe we'll finally meet on a TPR trip

love the site, love the attitude, and completely understand where Robb is coming from (in some of the earlier posts).

I was never fortunate enough to go on any of these tours with everyone, I did meet Rob once at the tatsu camp out many years ago and he was a great guy. I like how down to earth everyone is in real life and it would have been great to experience one of the tours or meet ups. That being said, I completely get why they don't do the tours any more. They have to protect what they have created and if people ruin it, then it tarnishes a good name.

I just don't understand the sheer audacity of some people.

Everyone knows you can't please everyone - it is a fact of life. I don't understand where people get off demanding that someone please them, especially on a Trip that has organizers like Robb and Elissa to put so much thought and preparation into the trips that they organize. I've been lucky enough to go on 6 of them and all have been downright amazing. I've watched them hard at work "behind the scenes" and have always been just blown away at the amount of thought and detail that they put into the work.

Robb and Elissa, I've been coming here to TPR for 12 years and still love it. It is still a part of my day almost daily and brings enjoyment to an otherwise mundane work life . Life has totally been screwing up my ability to take the amazing vacations in the past few years, but I'd do another trip with them in a heartbeat.

David

I will admit that back in the day, I might have been a little "annoying" at times. I probably had a bit of TPR fanboy in me, and there were times I tried to be funny but it was just annoying. I also thought that I was a good photographer (though I was not) and wanted attention by posting large numbers of photos and trip reports. I also tried to shoot a lot of video in attempts of "emulating" what Robb did (though I did a lousy job at that too, not to mention my cameras always broke on park trips - now I just leave it to the professional).

Eventually I caught wind that people were complaining about what I was doing and I was getting frustrated with being ignored and my posts getting edited or deleted, On realizing this, I simply left. I did not try to create drama over it or go onto (*shudder*) RRC , Facebook, or other forums to rant and complain about it. It's Robb's site, his rules, his policies, and everyone agrees to the TOS when the sign up. Maybe this wasn't the place to me. Haters are going to hate, but I was not going to be one of them. If anything, I was fending off a few of them on sites like Wikipedia

I still have fond memories of the early TPR trips I participated in, such as TPR breaking the kiddie coaster at Coney Beach (itself a "bonus" park), Timber Falls sacrificing their log flume so that we could get ERT on Avalanche, and the "surprise" ERT on Big Thunder Mountain at DLP. All these were things that were not "paid for", and if I recall correctly, the person who missed the bus on that 2007 trip actually preached about not missing the bus before the trip even started. Now that I'm a bit older (and hopefully a bit more mature socially), I've started trying to re-integrate into the TPR community.

Personally, I am very sensitive to criticism (it's part of who I am along with some autism/aspie traits), and it makes me appreciate the guts required to run a site like this (in addition to having a personal life and a family) - if I was flooded with hate mail/tweets/etc. on a regular basis, I would probably go insane

Some of the Facebook groups I'm in for the local parks around me are enough reason to understand why you wouldn't want to do public trips anymore. Sure there are some great people in there and on here but some of these people are just beyond help and I couldn't even imagine going to 1 park with them let alone an entire trip.