Robb & Elissa's European Adventures 2017!

P. 9 - Adventures by Disney re-cap video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Robb & Elissa's European Adventures 2017!

Postby alexinla » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:34 am

I love river cruises as they are so relaxing. And you have luck with the weather. Somehow I missed what the route is, Passau to Budapest or further? I have a house on the dunabe river close to Belgrade, I should check if it is still standing,lol.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:36 am

I love how the menu points out the
*Healthy Choice #Local Choice
:lmao: :lmao:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:12 pm

Good morning from the town of Passau, Germany! First official day of our Adventures By Disney Danube River Cruise!

When vacationing with Disney you are never far away from "characters!"

Getting a tour of the adorable German town of Passau! It's just like being at Epcot@

This is the plague house! "Bring out your dead!"

Artwork and things...

More of the sights in Passau!

Jesus and things...

Elissa has never seen an organ that big before!!!

We are about to make little marzipan pigs! The sample is on the left. Mine will probably end up looking more like the square block! lol

We are attempting to make marzipan pigs! No promises that they will actually LOOK like pigs! lol

Here is our family of slightly deformed, mostly dysfunctional marzipan pigs!

Kristen had such a great time exploring Passau with the guides from Adventures By Disney!

There has been no shortage of great food so far!

Current view from our stateroom...

We're on a coach to our next excursion! What's on TV? Mickey Mouse of course! This is Adventures By Disney after all! (View is awesome too!)

Currently a couple hundred feet above the trees in Austria! What an amazing view!

This "tree tops" park in Austria is fantastic! Great views and fun activities!

This place is a giant maze of paths, tree houses, and look-out towers higher above the trees in Austria!

This place also has an awesome "never in America" ropes course & playground!

We had a really great time exploring the tree tops in Austria today with Adventures By Disney!

Click HERE for Part Four of this report!

Oh yes, be sure to POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!
(we took the time to write the report, the least you could do is say something nice about it!) :p
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:41 pm.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Sluggo77 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:58 pm

This just looks amazing on every level. Would so like to do a Disney trip like this. Thank you for all of the great photos!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Taylor Finn » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:15 pm

Great report so far! The food looks wonderful and it seems like each day is jam packed with neat activities. One day I think I will try to go on one of these trips. Obviously, you pay a premium when you do Disney anything, but do you think the value is still strong for what you're paying? I know it's early in the trip.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:06 am

Just kinda of curious but what's the general mix of people on this Adventures by Disney cruise vacation? Families with children, couples, younger, older? Mostly Americans, or is it a good mix of people from Europe, Asia etc?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby alexinla » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:35 am

I am pretty sure it is mostly Americans. I never heard of Disney Adventure Cruises and I worked for Viking Cruises on pretty much the same trip. I could be wrong, but living in Europe, I never heard about this. I would do it in a split second though

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:56 am

alexinla wrote:I am pretty sure it is mostly Americans. I never heard of Disney Adventure Cruises and I worked for Viking Cruises on pretty much the same trip. I could be wrong, but living in Europe, I never heard about this. I would do it in a split second though

Have a look: https://www.adventuresbydisney.com

It's a higher end product, but I think the extra money is well worth it!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:10 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Just kinda of curious but what's the general mix of people on this Adventures by Disney cruise vacation? Families with children, couples, younger, older? Mostly Americans, or is it a good mix of people from Europe, Asia etc?

It's mostly Americans, some Europeans, almost all families with kids, but a total mix on younger and older kids. No little little kids since the minimum age for this tour was four, but all ages from about 5 to 15.

It's also, and just being honest here, a higher-end clientele. And that doesn't mean people who are pretentious or obnoxious, not st all, in fact it's very much a positive. I've found the group to be in general more polite and courteous. Usually by the end of day one on any RCCL cruise I'm ready to murder at least a half dozen people I've run into, but so far so good with this group. And honestly, I'll pay a premium to be around people that don't annoy me.
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:11 am.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:17 am

^Yeah that's mostly what I thought I just wasn't sure if the higher end product maybe attracted more couples than families but it is a Disney.

Looks like a great trip, I'd totally consider spending the extra money to travel with Disney for a trip like this especially if I were taking my kids, but we've got a few more years for that haha.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!