TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[VEKOMA] UPDATED 2022 Something is being built @ Vekoma Vlodrop

As soon as I read the flying coaster rumor for Phantasialand I thought about this prototype!

I guess Phanta was really happy with Raik and decided to order another coaster from them, this time on a larger scale.

^ For the love of all that is holy, put it on the other side of the park. Winjas is the only reason to turn left at the main courtyard.

The coaster is rumored to go to the upcoming Rookburgh area which is being built right next to Wuze Town (where Winjas is) so you might get your wish.

maxresdefault.jpg

Also no love for Hollywood Tour?

Edit: Now i seen what they did at April 11th , i thinnk the test-chassis is gonna have only 1 "real" pivot point.

Edit : here u can see an close up look at the test chassis with the extra added weights and pivot points better then in the pictures i put up before.

Here a video i shot today :

Edited by MrRC

Here a short video of today April 11th 2017 :

and 2 pictures from "before" and "after", they added some kind of pivotpoint with contactplates.

"before"

"after"

Edit : added pictures

Not much to see in this update :

"before"

"after"

Short video :

(part of the test-chassis)

(contact-plate and bearing holder)

(rear view of contact-plate and bearing holder, notice the threadends going into the test-chassis)

(contact-plate and bearingholder from another angle)

(cover and mounting surface for rotatingplatform) (needs only a bearing closingcap)

In my mind I've wondered if you could do a "Ghetto Harry Potter" type dark ride like this with a similar, but reduced range of movement.

Basically have the cars travelling sideways through the scenes, rotating as needed to provide side to side movements (Eg in front of projection domes)

For sections like the whomping willow, the track would just bank upwards so you are on your back more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did a quick visit today Jun 14th 2017, shot a very short video of the test train going through the twist and returning to the starting position. Nothing visable new to the train.

All the info and pictures : here.

On page 24 aren't the trains in the flight position ? I believe the carriages will rotate for boarding/unloading . Just speculation but with Phantasialand about to build the worlds longest flying coaster, and something never before seen , I thought it might be a possibility.

IMG_5079.thumb.JPG.e3883ebe70972da44abe7793f03ebb5e.JPG

I'm not in any way seeing how this looks like a flying coaster.

When the track is rotated at 90°, the seats are upright. You can have the station, and why not a dark-ride part.

When the track is upside down like a inverted coaster, the seats rotate on a vertical axis and are now in flying position.

• 3 weeks later...

I just removed a lot of bickering from this thread. I have no desire to do this again.

Please respect Vekoma's wishes regarding this project--and cut out the name calling.

Thank you.

On the website from Vekoma is added this text :

Unique benefits of our flying Dutchman

Passengers will be tilted while riding, which will save time and increase capacity. Immediately after the crest of the lift, when the train rotates, the passenger will experience the sensational feeling of getting into a flying position and the sudden height they will be exposed to. On the lift, because of the lift angle the gaU (guest accommodation Unit) remains in upright position, allowing for a spectacular view over the park emergency evacuation on the lift is quite simple; the gaU is already in upright position. The stairs on both sides of the lift will guide the passengers safely to the ground. Experience cutting edge roller coaster technology with our Flying Dutchman coaster.

Seems this is from the Normal Flying Dutchman coaster and has NOTHING to do with F.L.Y. upcoming in Phantasialand.

Edited by MrRC