Phantasialand Discussion Thread

P. 252 - Launched Flying Coaster announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:08 am

Henry M wrote:The single rider at the park is really effective on the rides that offer it. Also, on the rides that do not, once you get off, linger in the station a little, and if you instantly see a group of three, jump in.

Are you seriously suggesting to someone to break park rules by "jumping in an empty seat???"

I'm also sure the park staff doesn't want you "lingering in the station" either.

And if I personally was at a ride WITHOUT a single rider line either on my own or a group of three, I would find it incredibly RUDE for some random person who wasn't assigned to that seat to just "jump in." What if that group of three was trying to get a nice onride photo of the group together?

Seriously, your posts are normally stupid enough on their own. But this one? I really should ban you for it and finally be rid of you from the forums. Why I don't, I'm really not sure. Maybe I'm being "nice" today...
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:09 am.

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:30 am

^ Aww. Thanks and sorry. I was told this tip from another person on the forums, so I was just passing it on, as I did not know it broke park rules.

EDIT: This was from the Cedar point thread:

JT325 wrote:^I was going to add the hint of looking for empty seats when your ride is over... but I know CP isn't always OK with re-rides.

The Re-ride skill: some people are good at it; some will never learn - even the hard way; and some have to be trained. Every man, woman and goat for themselves! Every time an empty seat goes out, a kitten dies.

That is one thing that Six Flags is very good about. In fact, they encourage it most of the time.
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:37 am

#1 rule of holes.

"when you find yourself in one? Stop digging"

(and my 2cents on re-rides for single riders. . . I get back in line, and then ASK another single rider if I can share the seat with them. . . never had an issue being allowed to move up in the line to get in the seat with a single rider. . but as noted, I get back in the line from the front of the line).
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:04 am

Henry M wrote:^ Aww. Thanks and sorry. I was told this tip from another person on the forums, so I was just passing it on, as I did not know it broke park rules.

EDIT: This was from the Cedar point thread:

JT325 wrote:^I was going to add the hint of looking for empty seats when your ride is over... but I know CP isn't always OK with re-rides.

The Re-ride skill: some people are good at it; some will never learn - even the hard way; and some have to be trained. Every man, woman and goat for themselves! Every time an empty seat goes out, a kitten dies.

That is one thing that Six Flags is very good about. In fact, they encourage it most of the time.

Have you ever heard the saying "two wrongs don't make a right?" No, of course not because you're a moron. Banned for a week.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Themed steel » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:56 am

cookiex wrote:I'll be doing single rider on Taron, Raik and Chiapas so I shouldn't have to worry about lines too much. Should the lines for some reason get too long for the rest I'll get a quickpass.

I'll still be there at 9 since even if the rides won't be open I still want to see the park since it's my first time going.

The Quick Pass in Phantasialand can't be used on Taron or Raik.
An overview of the rides that do allow it can be found on the website here: http://www.phantasialand.de/en/park/be-our-guest-information/service/quick-pass/

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:20 am

Themed steel wrote:
cookiex wrote:I'll be doing single rider on Taron, Raik and Chiapas so I shouldn't have to worry about lines too much. Should the lines for some reason get too long for the rest I'll get a quickpass.

I'll still be there at 9 since even if the rides won't be open I still want to see the park since it's my first time going.

An overview of the rides that do allow it can be found on the website here: http://www.phantasialand.de/en/park/be-our-guest-information/service/quick-pass/

I'm aware of that, that's why I said I'd be looking at Quick Pass for the rides that don't use single rider. I'm looking at Winjas the most since I hear the lines can get very slow.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Themed steel » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:00 am

cookiex wrote:
Themed steel wrote:

I'm aware of that, that's why I said I'd be looking at Quick Pass for the rides that don't use single rider. I'm looking at Winjas the most since I hear the lines can get very slow.

Ah, my bad.
Winja's definitely is a good choice, it's one of the most boring queue lines of the park and they can indeed get quite long.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby FirstDropJay » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:10 am

They just announced they're building a flying launch coaster! There's a video on Phantasialand's facebook page.

Here' a link: https://s.atms.at/o972ke

FLY.JPG
Last edited by larrygator on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:12 pm.
You gotta enjoy that first drop, you know.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Belgiumcoasterfreak » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:16 am

FirstDropJay wrote:They just announced they're building a flying launched coaster! There's a video on Phantasialand's facebook page.

Here' a link: https://s.atms.at/o972ke

The first Launched flying coaster in the world and it will also be the longest flying coaster in the world! Phantasialand is just insane!

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:40 am

Do you think this will be for 2018? And B&M, I'm assuming?? After riding Flying Dinosaur, I'm just thinking "Woah" at the potential for insane themed interactions on this.
Last edited by chickenbowl on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:59 am.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!