TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 53 - Symphony of Color drone show and daytime parade announced!

...Didn't Studio's have a version or something similar to Cyberspace Mountain across from Cinemagique a very long time ago? I remember designing a coaster and amazed how much I went upside down but couldn't find too much info online

No, it wasn't there,to the best of my knowledge. It may have been in the Disney Village. But I don't remember it in

the Disney Studios. And we were there back in 1992, in the first six months the Studios was open. Nothing like that, I remember.

* Unless it was in the Animation Exhibit, Gallery, Theater, Gift Shop, etc. etc.

IMG_9405.JPG.c8d955dcff4216086312560af9ece3bb.JPG

Where I found Her. In the Gallery Gift Shop. Mid-Sept.2015.

^ Ah, that probably is true. In all the visits to DLP I've taken, I never went inside that building.

The "Stitch Live" wasn't for me, so I passed on that. But you're probably right about the

Cyberspace Mountain thing being there. I need to look at my 1992 maps of the park!

^ Ah, that probably is true. In all the visits to DLP I've taken, I never went inside that building.

The "Stitch Live" wasn't for me, so I passed on that. But you're probably right about the

Cyberspace Mountain thing being there. I need to look at my 1992 maps of the park!

The Walt Disney Studios didn't open until 2002.

• 2 weeks later...

The park live streamed all the new entertainment offerings for the 25th Anniversary today.

25th Anniversary Launch Ceremony:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Mickey Presents: Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

The Starlit Princess Waltz:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Disney Stars on Parade:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

The audio in this video isn't so great as they switch from different locations. There were some technical issues with the dragon from the looks of it, apparently it worked at the beginning of the parade.

Disney Illuminations with special appearance by John Legend:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

A major expansion of the Walt Disney Studios, including the addition of Marvel-themed attractions and entertainment, as well as a refurbishment plan worth €2.1 billion have been outlined in a document released to current shareholders ahead of the takeover bid by the Walt Disney Company:

The Business Plan estimated the 10-year capital expenditures (“capex”) spending at €2.1 billion, which includes major investments in hotel rehabilitations at the Hotel New York and the Disneyland Hotel, as well as Marvel-themed A&E at the Walt Disney Studios. Average annual capex of €210 million is in line with recent investment levels and will allow it to continue efforts to catch-up on asset maintenance following years of under investment, as well as to improve guest experience.

Link to corporate document

Source

• 3 weeks later...

DLP have updated their maintenance closure schedule for the next year and a half, confirming re-opening dates for Hyperspace Mountain (May 7th) & PotC (July 24th).

Phantom Manor is scheduled to go down for a 9 month rehab starting in January next year, which is great that it's getting some attention, but I'm disappointed it will be closed for our visit in June next year.

DLP.png.f771b0b3c0e976982fe3ab6adbd9df4d.png

DLP Maintenance Schedule

Some more pics of the new Space Mountain trains, which couldn't look more Verne.

This makes me very happy as it hints that whatever comes after Hyperspace Mountain will be back to the Verne style. I personally would love to see something similar to the first theme / musical score.

Hyperspace Mountain is currently in Soft Opening with no effects inside the dome. Skip to 1 minute in the video below to see the new trains leaving the station:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

The effects will be switched on after the VIP Star Wars Nights event on Friday/Saturday.

----

The park will also start selling VIP Fastpasses from next week. €90 per day for unlimited Fastpasses for any ride or €15 for a single use Fastpass for any ride. The regular Fastpass system will still be in place, this is more to attract wealthy customers.

----

Walt Disney Studios will host an EDM festival in July called Electroland. Steve Aoki will be headlining and tickets are already on sale: https://www.ticketmaster.fr/fr/manifestation/electroland-standard-billet/idmanif/400390

Interesting, first Shanghai and now Paris. Although like I said in the Shanghai thread this has made me more interested in going especially the unlimited pass. My holiday always has to be during the very busy July/August months and having this option is making me considering adding a Eurostar add-on trip for 2 days (one in each park/hopping) when we take my son over to see his grandparents. Would never have considered doing it before with the crowds trying to cram it in then.

Although If Tokyo gets a version and being only 2 hours by plane I might never fly anywhere else again.

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing news as The Walt Disney Company's takeover bid of the resort is officially in place as of today. TWDC now own 97.08% of Euro Disney SCA. They are thereby required by law to buy out the remaining shares and take the company off the Paris Stock Exchange. More info here. Maybe there'll be something to announce at D23?