TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Sorry for double post, but this is a mini-TR w/o photos, so here we go.

Headed to the park yesterday for senior week for about 5 hours, give or take. Hung out with a friend of mine who is also into the big thrills. We got to the park in a convoy of eight buses (big school) at about 12:30. Headed straight in via tram and got in line. I used a group ticket to get in instead of my season pass - that's important to remember.

So, we headed straight to Joker for the first ride. Let me just say, the entrance is hard to find. You have to know to circle the tea cups AND crime wave to find the entrance. I will say, though, it's fitting that it's directly across from Batman's entrance. Nice TV sets in the indoor area. Apparently, SFNE has a new policy where you can't take bags on major rides and you have to get a locker for a lot of them. This SUCKS. Lucky for me, however, I carry an Epi-Pen for food allergies, so I had a medical sticker on my bag and was able to place in in a BIN on the PLATFORM. I think bins could work since none of these attractions have to get out super fast, people!

Okay, end rant, cue funny story. The Joker line was almost a walk-on due to light crowds and double loading in the station. We were assigned to the green side and just about next in line to ride. Bianca (my friend) and I were waiting for the second train. Over on the first train, three Franklin (my town and HS) kids were unloading from their ride, but one's harness wouldn't open. Literally, he had unfastened the belt holding the harness down, but it wouldn't lift up. Some other kid on the second train had the same problem. They were stuck sitting there for TWENTY MINUTES. Tommy, who had just ridden the ride, and me, were snapping photos of the Franklin kid stuck on the train, giving the cameras the finger. It was actually pretty funny. Finally, they got the second kid out, but it took another full ten minutes to get the Franklin kid out, after which he walked with his legs spread apart really far because, and I quote, "The Joker has claimed two new victims: my right and left nut"

The ride ended up being closed for 90min after that to transfer a faulty train off the track for maintenance. That was about 1:30ish. So, Bianca and I left the line, along with a Franklin group on the other side, and ended up riding Batman (8/10). Solid floorless coaster, great hangtime on the first loop, fun inversions, and I got a half-decent pose in for the camera, a first for me. After that, Bianca and I decided to do Mind Eraser with the new restraints. But, as we got in line, it started downpouring on us. We ended up leaving for shelter. Pretty sure everyone got drenched. They had to run a test train to make sure the track was still safe for people to ride on with all the water that got on it. After the rain stopped (~2:15ish), we hit up that place across from ME for lunch.

Second story. So, I'm on the dining plan, and was going to use my free lunch to get some food. However, the scanning system wasn't letting it happen. Why? Because I hadn't scanned my season pass at the gate, thereby registering that I was there. so, I had to walk from ME BACK TO THE FRONT GATE, scan my pass, and then walk ALL THE WAY BACK to get a Chicken Strips platter. Good chicken, though.

So, our time's about half up, and all we've ridden is Batman. By now, Joker's up and running early, so we hop back in line, get assigned to the purple side, and ride Joker (9/10) with two science teachers from the school (A physics teacher and a chemistry/forensics teacher) across from us in the train. Fun ride, FORCEFUL FLIPS. Seriously, I would get pinned to the seat occasionally. Kind of jerky for the first flip or two, but solid after. Don't know if I ever got a full flip on it, but that ride is solid, fun, and insane. Top three at the park for sure.

After Joker, I finally got the credit of Mind Eraser (4/10), followed by a bit of a cool down on Catwoman's Whip and GCGEFAA. Finally, we traversed the park for the last coaster of the day: Wicked Cyclone, back row. Solid 10/10. The ejector air is INSANE. You are yanked over everything, solid gs on the first drop, OMG what a ride. Totally recommend back for this ride. Rounded off the day with two rides on the Blizzard River rapids ride with my squad. We rode it together a while back and kind of had a reunion. Trust me, it's great.

Okay, last two stories, heard both of these just before the bus ride home. So, this one kid on Superman got hit by a phone. They were just cresting the first drop, when a phone flew out of somebody's pocket, passed through the gaps between the seats, and whacked this kid on the chest. He said it stung, and the guy whose phone it was ended up getting it back.

Finally, one of our group got arrested, sort of. One kid was filling up a bag from one of those penny candy machines, and this other kid was eating a couple gummies as they were coming out. He got spotted and taken to the security office. The candy he ate was worth about $2, but he was fined $50, got a mugshot taken, and was banned from the park for the year. Freaking hilarious!

I got zero flips on Joker. Kinda disappointing but I'll give it a try my next visits.

And yes the Mind Eraser trains have kept me from demanding its removal. I rode it hands up with no problems! Apart from the wacky transitions and lateral shifts, I enjoy it! Just make it Harley Quinn and you have a full package

I just got a season pass holder email from SFNE that they're closing the Galactic Attack Virtual Reality on Mind Eraser on June 11. Seems like they went through a lot of trouble to get that up and running only to close it down so soon.

Anybody have any ideas about why? I mean, I can theorize, but have no actual data.

I just got a season pass holder email from SFNE that they're closing the Galactic Attack Virtual Reality on Mind Eraser on June 11. Seems like they went through a lot of trouble to get that up and running only to close it down so soon.

Anybody have any ideas about why? I mean, I can theorize, but have no actual data.

It seems they're ditching it all or most of the parks..I know Georgia, Great Adventure and St.Louis have ditched their virtual reality, I wanna say Great America has as well.

Hello, I am going to be at the park this Thursday. I heard all of the S&S FreeSpin coasters were down and possibly waiting for a part/maintenance. Does anyone know if it has been running this week? If not... I'm still going, was just curious, can't pass up Wicked Cyclone and Superman!

It was running yesterday. Interestingly enough, they have removed some of the magnetic fins from the ride.

I will note that the ride got stuck on the lift yesterday. It didn't seem like a big deal, but of course a local station jumped on the story.

It was running yesterday. Interestingly enough, they have removed some of the magnetic fins from the ride.

They've been removed from SFOT and SFGAM as well. I think somehow they were slowing down the ride, they now appear to be running faster. Maybe they won't have to close in 20 mph winds anymore

It seemed to be flipping a bit more yesterday when I was watching it. Didn't ride tho since I think the ride is just meh and don't want to wait for it.

On the other they had ERT for Superman and it was running so fast it was insane. I don't know what they did to the ride but it's been running like an absolute dream this year. It's still easily the best coaster in the park imo.

It seemed to be flipping a bit more yesterday when I was watching it. Didn't ride tho since I think the ride is just meh and don't want to wait for it.

On the other they had ERT for Superman and it was running so fast it was insane. I don't know what they did to the ride but it's been running like an absolute dream this year. It's still easily the best coaster in the park imo.

That's very interesting about Superman. I noticed last summer that it had a "warm up" time. I rode it first thing in the morning, and I was fairly underwhelmed because it was pretty sluggish, but as the day went on, it got MUCH faster. That's good to hear it is running like that. If it weren't for those ridiculous trains/restraints, it would be one of my favorite coasters. The lap bars are some of the most uncomfortable I've ever ridden (and yes, I have no problem with those on Skyrush).

Hello, I am going to be at the park this Thursday. I heard all of the S&S FreeSpin coasters were down and possibly waiting for a part/maintenance. Does anyone know if it has been running this week? If not... I'm still going, was just curious, can't pass up Wicked Cyclone and Superman!

Don't forget to try ME since it has the new trains. It's a much better ride now.

That's very interesting about Superman. I noticed last summer that it had a "warm up" time. I rode it first thing in the morning, and I was fairly underwhelmed because it was pretty sluggish, but as the day went on, it got MUCH faster. That's good to hear it is running like that. If it weren't for those ridiculous trains/restraints, it would be one of my favorite coasters. The lap bars are some of the most uncomfortable I've ever ridden (and yes, I have no problem with those on Skyrush).

Those horrifically bad lap bars are the sole reason it's not my #1 anymore and El Toro took that spot. I'm not a large guy by any means, 5'11" 150 lbs. but my God they're painful. Even with those it's completely epic and will always be one of my favorite coasters, the layout is such a masterpiece I can look past the restraints.

Thanks for the advice guys, I shamefully missed visiting my home park last year and opted for a Cedar Point/SFGAM/Holiday World trip instead. Has it been very busy this week? Also, I am so excited to see Joker has a single rider line. I know some of the single rider lines have been added removed to rides over the years, what else besides Joker has single rider, please? I am really hoping for multiple rides on my beloved RMC.

Thanks for the advice guys, I shamefully missed visiting my home park last year and opted for a Cedar Point/SFGAM/Holiday World trip instead. Has it been very busy this week? Also, I am so excited to see Joker has a single rider line. I know some of the single rider lines have been added removed to rides over the years, what else besides Joker has single rider, please? I am really hoping for multiple rides on my beloved RMC.

Sadly, no single rider line on Wicked Cyclone. Fireball, Scream and Pandemonium all have single rider lines though. The Pandemonium and Scream ones are the same as the Flash Pass line.

Hey everyone, I'll be going to SFNE in early July sometime on a week day, probably only doing the dry park as we'll spend just one day there. Was wondering what the ideal order for coasters is for shortest lines? A lot in their lineup that I'm excited about riding for the first time.

And then also how is Mind Eraser with the new trains, big improvement, mild improvement,....Just genuinely curious.

I'd suggest going to Joker first since it's the new ride and will garner the most lines and it does not have good capacity. There is a single rider line but you still have to wait through the switchbacks to get to it. Go for the green side if you can since it's much better than the purple. Mind Eraser's new trains are a huge improvement and even though it is a bit rough, it's not painful since there are vests. If the park isn't too busy they might let you choose seats on most rides. Last time I was there you were allowed to choose seats on both Superman and WC.

For Superman definitely wait for the front row and try to keep the restraint loose for the best experience. I find Wicked Cyclone to be the best in the back left. For Pandemonium and Scream the Flash Pass line also act as the single rider line.

If you actually want to ride Goliath try to get the front row as it's bearable there.