TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

A video from La times. It's the only video ive seen that had a interview with a rider from tpr

http://video.latimes.com/Global/Video/WorldnowASX.asp?os=&vt=v&clipid=789503

And that rider would be me. It was actually myself & my friend Eric. LA Times nailed us wondering if we were from ACE. We said no, that we're from TPR. They'd never heard of TPR, but wanted to do the interview anyway. I'm the guy on the left in the little 2-man interview blip in the middle of the video doing the crappy hurried description. Any chance of someone saving that video to their computer harddrive so I could get a copy of it?

I also managed to score a ride with the NASA Astronaut Col. Rich Searfoss which was aired live on CBS morning news. Here's the link to that:

TPR on the morning news!

Unfortunately, no mention of TPR in that video.

I was also interviewed by KCAL, CBS, and KNX1070 in addition to LA Times, making me most likely to be the TPR Media Whore for the day. Doesn't matter, I still had a blast!

...and for those of you looking for pictures:

Robb digs free breakfast!

-- Peoplemover "I'd like to thank Vault Zero for making my posting this at 3:10am possible" Matt

EDIT: There were a whole lot of us on the Revolution train that hit the loop with Tatsu flying overhead & fireworks n' stuff going off. ...but you already knew that Robb didn't you?

THAT WAS THE BEST NIGHT EVER TPR, I'M SO GLAD I WENT, I WAS AWAKE FOR 36 HOURS BEFORE WE RODE TATSU, AND I STAYED AWAKE AS MUCH AS I COULD ALL DAY TO BE IN THE PARK, I HAVE PICS BUT I'M TOO TIRED AT THE MOMENT, THANKS U GUYS, I AND MY FRIEND HAD A BLAST.

Mod Edit: Turn of your caps lock, dude

I believe it was Don who made the Willy Wonka comment, and I think even the PR staff from six flags seemed to laugh at it. I love the videos I've seen. One question, where's paul reuben? I haven't seen footage of him yet. lol

-James "glad TPR got some media attention" dillaman

gunslinger wrote:

trcg721 wrote:

Roachman wrote:

whomever made the Willy Wonka comment when we were let in---I laughed soooooo hard!

That was funny, I liked the way he said it. We all had a good laugh

Best part of the campout.

Hahah.

I would have to agree I wish someone captured him while he was bouncing up and down saying it! I couldn’t stop laughing.

Man, I forgot I even did that! Thanks for reminding me.

Don't ask where I get this stuff, I just listen to the voices in my head.

I guess he's to old or he has breast cancer!

OMG, Paul Reuben got breast cancer! LOL

You know what's weird about the whole thing? The actual campout was completely pointless. I see no reason why we couldn't have just shown up at 4am to get our wristbands...BUT the campout was the best part of the day so whoo-hoo!

Even though I turned into a zombie around 6 am I had a blast! Thanks R&E and everyone, again. I have no idea how you guys pull all of this off!

Can we do this again for flashback's re-opening?

-Don

I believe it was Don who made the Willy Wonka comment, and I think even the PR staff from six flags seemed to laugh at it. I love the videos I've seen. One question, where's paul reuben? I haven't seen footage of him yet. lol

-James "glad TPR got some media attention" dillaman

Paul Reuben was there... We saw him during the "2-hour" wait for Tatsu while they were doing the live stuff. Ooo, I guess that probably means that I and the other people in the station h ave waited the longest for Tatsu

^Haha, that's pretty funny. I guess he's to old or he has breast cancer! Taiko Laughing Anyways, I'm so jealous of you guys! Anyways, does anybody know if Sky Tower and Freefall were open yet?

Both were not open.

And wow... Tatsu is AMAZING. The pretzel loop's forces were insane, its by far the most intense B&M I have ever been on. Since this was my first flyer I was blown away by it. You really do feel like your flying! Thanks Robb for making this happen! And also a big thank you to Six Flags for the opportunity to ride Tatsu at 4:35 AM and all the free stuff like drinks and on-ride photos!

I know we thanked you guys a million times, but once again: THANK YOU!

The camp out was great! From set up at 4pm till we finally left the next day at 3 pm, THANKS!

The ride was unreal, flying at 38,000 ft holds nothing to this ride....

This being our first Official TPR event, we had a blast:

-"Willy Wonka" comments...

-Don, riding scooters head first

-January stealing our sleeping bag

-Kim Possible, (ok, I'll admit, she's hot)

-Learning that Guy can shove twizzlers in his nose

-Elissa guarding the table like a NYC Bouncer

-Getting the ride-op at Superman to launch us 5 times (3 is good enough)

-Finally getting our DEJA-VU credit

-Being on Tatsu when it broke on the lift hill

-Wondering why our NOR-CAL TPR members outnumbered our SO-CAL counterparts!

See everyone at the next event!

peace, Mike & Justin

your friendly neighborhood "Fly-Boys"

Wow!!! Just reading all the thank you's has got me feeling really jealous now!! I was a day late, on here asking questions about the camp-out and not knowing that it had already passed! lol I got burned for that too! Well i will definately be sure to catch the next TPR event on time!

Late in responding, but man, that was AWESOME.

Again, like everyone else who went, I want to offer a huge THANK YOU ROBB AND ELISSA for organizing the campount with the food and drinks and Family Guy and TPR vids and 1980s coasterpedo film feature. Despite getting no sleep, I had an absolute blast!

This was my first media event ever, and it was extremely fun. I only rode Tatsu 4 times, mostly because the lack of sleep meant the ride got me a bit nauseated, but I don't regret a thing!

This ride is definitely intense and fun and a fantastic flying coaster! The Pretzel Loop is awesome, and it was actually the zero-G-roll after the loop that made me dizzy. Nevertheless, it is a definite winner for the park and everything I expected!

Thanks for everything! It was also a blast meeting old and new TPR/WC members and just taking part in this whole experience!

Mike and Justin,

glad to see you guys made it home all right. I had to catch a connecting flight in Tampa before heading back to Cincinnati, but eventually made it home. The security people didn't have that tough a time with your truck, then I guess j/k

-James Dillaman

"-Getting the ride-op at Superman to launch us 5 times (3 is good enough)

-Wondering why our NOR-CAL TPR members outnumbered our SO-CAL counterparts! Taiko Laughing"

Mike and Jutin, Yeah that wa fun getting 5 rides on superman and remember the last one was the best being about a flight of stairs away from the break fins. It was nice hanging out with you two and Ireland. Jane still laughs when she remembers me getting spoughed on Ninja twice. Then the whole RESET every two seconds on jet stream lol. Besides that the event rocked and I have to thank ROBB and ELISSA for everything. Oh don't forget about the Spider invested Ninja trains down on the bottom of the return lift.