TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The American Hockey League discussion thread

bluestreak

We're going to see three relocations this offseason.

1. Albany Devils are now Binghamton Devils. They will play in the same arena the Sens played in.

2. Binghamton Senators are now the Belleville Senators. They will now be playing in Ontario.

3. St. John's IceCaps are now the Laval Rockets. They are moving from Newfoundland and Labrador to Quebec.

My guess is the reason for the relocations is to get the teams closer to their NHL team. My guess is the Utica Comets will be the next team to be relocated.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Kansas City might also get a team next season too. Back in November it was reported that the Blues and Wolves would be parting ways at the end of this season. The reason for the break up is because the Blues don't like how the Wolves are independently owned and are free to choose their front office/coaching staff etc. Blues also don't like Chicago's playing style. So does the NHL team usually have full control of its AHL team? Anyways I actually wouldn't mind if this happens. Reason is because Chicago is in talks of joining forces with the new Las Vegas team. Althougt I haven't seen any news regarding this since the beginning of 2017. And in that article it was stated by the AHL president and CEO that no expansion applications had been filed yet.

There is something I found out about the Wolves. They are the only AHL team with a full television package.

^ Unfortunately it doesn't look like there will be any expansions teams next season. But I really hope this is wrong though. The only change I know happening next year is that Charlotte will now be in the eastern conference.

• 7 months later...