TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ For real. At this point the only reliable method to avoid crowds is to steer clear of any BAFF days.

What are those? Edit: Im guessing bring a friend free

I just wish there was a way to know before hand how many school buses were en route.

I know a lot of people use memorial as a 4 day weekend, but Im surprised Six Flags fees like the Friday is worth such a late operation...

Im tempted. Best rides are after 9pm anyway

I went to the park on Friday of Memorial Day weekend in 2015. It wasn't as crowded as I would have expected since I thought the same thing about crowd levels with a 10:00 closing. I got there in the afternoon and probably spent around 5 or 6 hours and got 17 rides in that day.

I've only ever gotten varying degrees of headbanging from it as I've been smart enough to adjust the sack before positioning myself on that "seat".

I don't think I've ridden it since HITP 2015.

Hey guys,

What is the rain policy at the park regarding the major rides? Im coming from Boston this weekend, planning on hitting up the park Friday and Saturday and the forecast looks to be pretty crappy. Hopeful for some bright spots but that's why I usually plan for two days just in case of crap weather. I know there are a few indoor rides but I was wondering how they handle the major rides in the rain.

Appreciate it

If the forecast holds (which is a big if) I would expect them to close the park Friday. Saturday is a crapshoot.

Their weather policy is a little weird. If they're making money then it's awesome. They'll run every major ride in the rain / sleet / snow / whatever except for Kingda Ka. If they have a small crowd that day then they'll close the park early and blame the weather.

I'd make some contingency plans just in case or reschedule if possible just to be on the safe side. You might get lucky and the forecast can easily change but right now it doesn't look good, especially for Friday.

Yeah, I was hoping when I looked at the forecast a few days ago that it would likely change, but its not getting much better as it gets closer. And unfortunately I went the cheap route and got a non refundable cheap hotel a month back soooooo any good sightseeing locations in Princeton?

Whats the easiest way to see if they announce the park will be closed? The app or website? I have my doubts on the reliability of them putting the message out there.

Whats the easiest way to see if they announce the park will be closed? The app or website? I have my doubts on the reliability of them putting the message out there.

They're pretty good about getting the information out quickly via their social media accounts. Follow them on Facebook and Twitter and keep your eyes peeled for updates the morning of.

Yeah, I was hoping when I looked at the forecast a few days ago that it would likely change, but its not getting much better as it gets closer. And unfortunately I went the cheap route and got a non refundable cheap hotel a month back soooooo any good sightseeing locations in Princeton?

If it's not raining and you're into art, you can check out Grounds for Sculpture just outside of Trenton. If it's still raining...Quaker Bridge Mall on Route 1 is okay, I guess haha.

Edited by michaellynn4

^ Co-sign on Facebook and Twitter. They always announce it there.

^ Rikki and I just had our engagement party there (it was fun, stop laughing, shut up). If you're into it, they have a pretty respectable laser tag arena and solid collection of arcade games, too. If you made your trek over to the park before realizing it's closed, iPlay isn't much farther up the road and is a fun time.

^ Rikki and I just had our engagement party there (it was fun, stop laughing, shut up).

Nah that sands awesome. Booze, a ropes course, go karts and a coaster that's more fun than it has any right to be sounds like a great party.

Don't forget iPlay America. It's a pretty cool place, they have a semi respectable credit and a sports bar.

I have seen people mention this place. I will definitely look into this if the park ends up closing.

Edit: Just looked this place up and the one "semi-respectable credit" will be closed today until Friday. . Just my luck. But what is the deal with this place, is it free to walk into and then upcharges for the attractions inside?

Am I the only one that thinks green lantern is running great this year? I didnt notice any headbanging at all, and I was even on an edge seat in the back. I find the reason why I dont like it much is just because of how intense the forces are on your legs..

And unfortunately I went the cheap route and got a non refundable cheap hotel a month back soooooo any good sightseeing locations in Princeton?

Philly is less than an hour drive (or about 80 minutes via train). Rain = great day for a museum, and philly has many of them.

^ Rikki and I just had our engagement party there (it was fun, stop laughing, shut up). If you're into it, they have a pretty respectable laser tag arena and solid collection of arcade games, too. If you made your trek over to the park before realizing it's closed, iPlay isn't much farther up the road and is a fun time.

Congratulations!

I'm noticing the place is open until 2AM on Fridays...and I'll be at Great Adventure on a Friday. They say select rides open on Fridays after 10PM--do you know if the coaster is one of them? I hear good things about those SBF Visa spinners.

Congratulations!

I'm noticing the place is open until 2AM on Fridays...and I'll be at Great Adventure on a Friday. They say select rides open on Fridays after 10PM--do you know if the coaster is one of them? I hear good things about those SBF Visa spinners.

We met the friends we stayed with when we went to CP when they came east. Our kids had fun there. If you are with a group of any age I think there is fun to be had.