TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

This is a bit of a random question, but are the Go-Karts an upcharge? I've passed by them the last couple of times I've been there but never looked into it; and I'll be spending two days here in a couple weeks, so thinking I might want to get some Go-Kart action in. Been forever.

This is a bit of a random question, but are the Go-Karts an upcharge? I've passed by them the last couple of times I've been there but never looked into it; and I'll be spending two days here in a couple weeks, so thinking I might want to get some Go-Kart action in. Been forever.

Yea there like $10? I think

Lines are pretty crazy right now. Long lines for even some of the flat rides. At this point we're just kind of just walking around, gonna give Nitro a shot.

EDIT: Brother and I spent a few hours in the park this afternoon. A few random thoughts:

• Guest services were very professional and helpful when it appeared I was having serious issues with my season pass, and were also very nice and understanding when it turned out I'm just a friggin' idiot and was using an outdated pass I forgot I never took out of my wallet at the end of last year.

• Glad they reconfigured the Joker's queue under the tent. The cut-through makes it so much easier to walk through it versus the forced-path method from last year. Don't know why they just didn't have that to begin with.

• Are those new lights on the center of the Teacups? It was lit up with blue and white lights. I can't remember ever seeing them before, but it looked really good.

• Some of the new games they had looked interesting, especially that giant "soccer darts" one. I also really liked seeing the new water bottle flip game - as stupid as I think that trend is, it's brilliant that they took advantage of its popularity and made a boardwalk game out of it.

• Bizarro's crew easily the best I've ever seen it. Between creating a sense of urgency on the mic ("Once the gates open, you have three seconds to board the train", "Train must dispatch in 45 seconds, please hurry hurry hurry to your seat", etc), train-checkers hustling through each row, and literally running to their dispatch stations once the train was checked, pretty much each train was getting sent from the station while the previous train was crossing the mid-course brakes, something I haven't seen in years. Seriously impressive.

• Food service is still pretty slow - took us twenty minutes to get a cheesesteak from the new location on Boardwalk with only two guests in front of us. However, it was actually pretty good. Could've used some more meat IMO, but the bread was soft yet sturdy, peppers and onions cooked well, and meat was properly seasoned. For a theme park meal, you could do a lot worse.

We were also there yesterday and I completely agree, the Bizarro crew was amazing.

Honestly, guest distribution yesterday was just weird. There was no rhyme or reason to the wait times at all.

Bizarro was between 0 and 15 minutes all day, El Toro was generally around 10-20 minutes, Superman (which always had a line) had short waits of like 20 minutes all day, Batman never really got above 20 minutes and Zumanjaro was a near walk on all day. On the flip side, Lantern was almost always around 60 minutes, Kingda Ka's queue was always totally full and Skull Mountain's line filled the entire cave all day.

As for operations, they were good across the board. The 3 B&M's we rode were all riding like they had rockets strapped to the train. Nitro was delivering ejector air that rivaled El Toro's which never happens, Bizarro was running like it was Kumba and Batman was running so fast that our entire party felt like they had just spent 5 minutes on one of those weird barrel foot massage things that Cedar Fair has. Our legs and feet all felt like Jell-O by the end of the ride.

My honest guess is that they have the fast wheels that they use for HITP on the B&Ms since Spring Break is usually really cold but with this unseasonably warm weather they're completely hauling. Maybe Ryan knows. All I know is that all of the B&Ms were flying.

If you've actually read this thread at all numerous people have said that pouches and cubbies don't prevent people from taking cell phones out on rides. That's why Universal Orlando(yes I know they have other parks but clearly pouches don't work here cause they have metal detectors) has metal detectors and that's why great adventure is trying this out.

Not a pouch, but a box that locks at the same time the restraints are put down. It would have to be part of the car design, not an easy retrofit.

There would still be no guarantee of people actually putting all of their stuff in there.

Agreed, but for 99% of us, we have keys and a phone all day. Saying "pay $1 to leave it before you enter a 1 hour line" sucks.

Batman, and especially Bizarro are running super well on the warm days this season so far, but Nitro having El Toro air? I didn't get that at all.

On opening day I actually felt like Nitro was running slow, yesterday though it was delivering ejector air on the 2 hills after the hammerhead. It still wasn't quite as powerful as Toro, but it was definitely comparable. I've probably ridden Nitro hundreds of times and yesterday was the only time it ever provided airtime that any reasonable person would consider "ejector" air.

Quick question, are you able to walk through the old area that's been cut off over the past 5+ years now? I'm talking about the path you used to use to get to the Chiller, Music Express, Stuntman's Freefall, etc....it seems like they reopened it to get to JL on the park map but haven't seen any pictures...thanks.

Quick question, are you able to walk through the old area that's been cut off over the past 5+ years now? I'm talking about the path you used to use to get to the Chiller, Music Express, Stuntman's Freefall, etc....it seems like they reopened it to get to JL on the park map but haven't seen any pictures...thanks.

I don't really know, and it probably depends on when you go.

As of now you can't go back there and the path is cut off beyond Dark Knight for Justice League construction. It's a given that once Justice League opens you'll be able to access it from Movietown but we really have no clue about the old "Old Country" path during the regular season. For Holiday in the Park that path will most likely be open as a complete loop as it was last year.

Batman, and especially Bizarro are running super well on the warm days this season so far, but Nitro having El Toro air? I didn't get that at all.

On opening day I actually felt like Nitro was running slow, yesterday though it was delivering ejector air on the 2 hills after the hammerhead. It still wasn't quite as powerful as Toro, but it was definitely comparable. I've probably ridden Nitro hundreds of times and yesterday was the only time it ever provided airtime that any reasonable person would consider "ejector" air.

Interesting, I rode it twice opening day as well. While I found it running as slow as usual opening day, it is great to hear it was hauling yesterday. I can't wait for my next visit to give it a go.

Went to the park today for the first time this season. Showed up just as they opened the gates to the parking lot and were the fourth people into the park. Good to know for others

**parking lot opens at 9:30, parking booths open 9:45, security opens 10, gates 10:20**

Two rides on El Toro (second to last row and the. Second row). Thing was hauling ass even in the morning rain. Glad to start off 2017 on a good note.

Headed over to Bizzaro and got a ride on row two with no wait. Rid is doing great and the staff was super quick as mentioned above.

Did the safari and had a great tour guide who crushed the tour with great jokes and facts. All the animals were out and about and they driver did a great job at giving us some moments to just sit back and watch the animals. New borns are overwhelmingly adorable across the whole safari.

Headed over to Nitro and had a 15 min break. Man is that thing hauling ass right now. Amazing floater though all the hills. So good!!

On our way over the MASSES were walking in the park so after Nitro we walked over to Ka and saw a 45 min wait so we decided to call it a day and head back home (stopping at Sorentos for a hero of course!)

Overall a great day and looking forward to a great season of thrills ahead!

I was at the park for about 2 hours this morning. It was surprisingly crowded considering the weather, but the lines moved quickly because of how good the operations were. The people at the entrance could have been faster, but at least the ride ops are great! Rides:

Batman: The Ride x 5 - Back row, right seat four of the rides, and back-left for one of them. For my first three rides I didn't have to even get up. It was running amazing! All of my rides were in the rain.

Nitro x 2 - Back row. This was also in the rain, and it is running really well. It's giving very strong floater, borderline-ejector air on the hill after the hammerhead turn and the bunny hills at the end. The rain was a bit painful but made it feel faster!

Bizarro x 3 - Front row once, back-right twice. The way it's running is comparable to Dominator. It's really flying through the course and is very smooth. Awesome rides on it today!

Sounds like a good weekend @ the park. I was out of town on a relentless road trip (and sadly passed no less than four parks that I could not stop at). Nonetheless, that has me itching to do something this coming weekend.

Anyone heading over for the Fast Tracks and Food Trucks festival this weekend? I shouldn't because I'm broke after a whirlwind weekend but it sounds fun and I always get boners for food trucks.

Psych Yourself Up for World-Class Coasters and Chow Down on Delicious Food Truck Fare!

Join us for the 4th annual Fast Tracks and Food Trucks festival with 15 food trucks all with delicious treats! Food Truck area is open from 12 to 7 p.m. each day and the wine sampling is open from 1 to 5 p.m. each day.

Enjoy music from Alex English on April 22 from 1 to 5 p.m. and Stealing Savannah on April 23 from 1 to 5 p.m. at the festival.

Admission to the festival is included with theme park admission or a season pass. Food is available for an additional fee. Entrance to the event is located in Movietown. Wine tasting portion requires a ticket. Tickets are available online for $10.99 in advance. Discounted theme park tickets will also be available for the day.

Food Trucks:

Cajun Jax BBQ (link is external) - A taste of the old south with a Cajun twist

Chimney Cake Factory (link is external) - Transylvanian oven baked pastries

Empanada Guy (link is external) - Gourmet Latin pastries and tapas

Gyros To Go (link is external) - Custom made Greek-American food

Johnny's Pork Roll (link is external)- Building an army of pork roll fans one sandwich at a time

My Four Suns (link is external) - Authentic Korean-fusion cuisine

Oink and Moo BBQ (link is external) - American BBQ and Tex-Mex

Star of the Sea Seafood (link is external) - Homemade, hand-prepped seafood

Suzie's Rolling Wrappers (link is external) - Gourmet, deep-fried wrappers

Sweet Lavender (link is external) - Simple yet sophisticated desserts

The Flying Pie Guy (link is external) - Hand held savory Aussie pies

The Guac Spot (link is external) - Artfully-crafted, avocado-inspired tacos, sliders & desserts

The Little Sicilian (link is external) - Specializing in many varieties of Sicilian riceballs

Waffle de Lys (link is external) - Authentic Belgian waffles with a French twist

Five Sisters (link is external)- Pub-style burgers and FAT sandwiches

Wineries

DiMatteo Vineyards (link is external)

Villari Vineyards (link is external)

Wagonhouse Winery (link is external)

While wining and dining get up-close encounters with some of our amazing safari animals from 1-4 pm. Each guest who purchases a wine sampling ticket will have the chance to win an exclusive Safari V.I P. tour!

6a92fc15afce608229fc752b7c2e67d1.jpg

First park of the year! Purposely chose food truck weekend so it better be good! -- Driving 6.5 hours Saturday morning and then park all day. First time I'm not doing 2 nights / driving down the night before. Gotta prepare myself for the craziness of the west coast trip later this year, I guess. (and so I can afford a flash pass if needed. Oh, and lockers ). If you see someone passed out in front of a food truck it's probably me... Boldikus, please keep your food truck boner away from me....

Anyone have experience with these food trucks / any must-haves? I had the waffle truck at HITP and it was pretty damn good 8) -- looking for other suggestions on things to try!

Edited by anonymouscactus