TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kennywood and Waldameer in one day?

JJLehto

I will be in Cedar Point this summer, June 2 to be exact, and am planning to take advantage and stop at Kennywood and Waldameer. I know both, especially Waldameer, are smaller parks. Is it possible to do them both in one day? Or would that time of year make it impossible? Any idea what crowds would be like at the parks in very early June?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd recommend enjoying the whole day at Kennywood. I don't think it's a park I'd want anyone to rush through. That being said, I think you could rush through it if you just want to grab the credits and go. But fair warning, you might fall in love with the place while you're there.

Kennywood and Waldameer are probably about two hours apart, so it might be doable if you go to Waldameer at opening, get the credits, and then head to Kennywood

Interesting you say that, because that would be the order I'd do it in.

I'd recommend enjoying the whole day at Kennywood. I don't think it's a park I'd want anyone to rush through. That being said, I think you could rush through it if you just want to grab the credits and go. But fair warning, you might fall in love with the place while you're there.

Oh I don't doubt it! I'd hate to rush, honestly the only reason I am contemplating this is not so much a cred rush, it's because Waldameer is small, and I'd hate to add an extra day to the trip solely to do Waldameer which may not need more than a couple of hours? I will be honest, I'm in it for RFII and the fact I'll be near the area. I'd be fine with spamming RFII then jetting to KW. Especially if I did it on that Thursday, less crowds I'd hope.

I do appreciate all the input! This is basically what I'm looking at:

A) Land thurs early, go to Waldameer then KW. Friday: Cedar Point. Sat fly home early.

B) Land thurs afternoon, go to Waldameer for late afternoon/early night. Friday: Cedar Point. Sat: KW then fly home late

• 2 weeks later...