TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Well crap. Visiting KI for the first time next month and I never even thought about having to pick which coaster for night rides. I guess we definitely have to do a quick night visit the day before our main visit. Sunset is just before 9 each night and the park closes at 10.

p.s. First world problems

Edited by thedlr

I gotta be honest here...WHY WOULD YOU WAIT FOUR HOURS FOR THAT RIDE?!?!?! This is a pass holder preview night, so all of these people should be able to easily come back again another day!!! Go enjoy the rest of the park empty and ride the new ride some other time. It will be there for awhile!!!!

I gotta be honest here...WHY WOULD YOU WAIT FOUR HOURS FOR THAT RIDE?!?!?! This is a pass holder preview night, so all of these people should be able to easily come back again another day!!! Go enjoy the rest of the park empty and ride the new ride some other time. It will be there for awhile!!!!

ECACTLY!

We are enjoying the beast and other rides. We will hit the new coaster soon. The line for it is already shrinking.

Exactly, and it's been a while but I seem to remember every single other pass holder preview night at Kings island being exactly like this. I got there early for Diamondback grabbed on ride in like 30 minutes then hit everything else in the park as a walk on (that might have been opening day but same thing).

Mystic Timbers looks great......but I aint wait no 4 hours for it ever hahah. (says the guy who definitely waited 5 hours for Flight of Fear on it's opening day)

We just left and grabbed two rides on mystic timbers thanks to the spin and win games that give you front of line passes. We also ended up with two front of line passes for banshee. Rode racer and diamondback. Had a couple beers and really enjoyed ourselves... other than the insane crowds in the park lol.

Definitely won't do a pass holder preview night again, but this was still a fun time.

Mystic Timbers is fantastic! Showed up early this morning to beat the crowds and only ended up waiting 15 minutes for Mystic Timbers. This is a solid addition to the park. Lots of directional changes and tons of airtime! Had a blast!

It will be a STRUGGLE to pick night rides! Beast, Diamondback, Banshee, and Bat are all excellent night rides and now you throw Timbers into the mix. I'll have to pick a midnight closing and get a fast lane to hit em all.

Do what I did last year and go during Halloween season! Everything's a night ride! That was one of the best park trips I've had yet, I think.

OH MY GOD...Hall & Oates is in the shed!!!

Looks like a really great ride - sure hope that it will be properly maintained so that it will be a smooth ride for a long time to come.

Yeah...four hours though...yikes. Think we'll wait a while before we head down I-71 to ride this one.

Has anyone seen three train operation yet? If so, how's that going?

They were running three trains last night (Friday). It was making the line move quick, but your wait inside the shed at the "radio" is a bit longer since you are technically at a block brake waiting for the next train to depart. Other than that it was pretty cool!

Wow, KI sure can bring in the lines for new rides. I don't share the logic, but there are definitely plenty of people who love to say "I waited four hours to ride Mystic Timbers on its first day!" I much more enjoy being the guy a few weeks later who says, "I ride Mystic Timbers ten times in between riding other rides and beer breaks!"

I can only think of a few rides I would wait more than 45 minutes to an hour, and I wouldn't do it more than once.

IIRC these kind of opening day lines aren't anything new to KI. Dback's stretched all the way around the circle (with the line moving counter clockwise around the circle).

This was the best picture I was able to dig up, but somewhere a long time ago I had seen one that clearly showed the entirety of the line. It wasn't zoomed in as far as this one is.

IMG_3747.JPG.afea387df213f045e0d96f8c31d78eb9.JPG

The sun is BRUTAL on B&M paint. If you look at that pic and then switch over to live webcam, it's astounding to see the color difference.

Our Intimidator is actually pink after 7 seasons of blistering southern sun.

I wonder if the paint could be infused with some sort of chemical to block UV rays.

I've been hearing rumblings on various social media outlets about a new no camera policy that's being enforced at Kings Island and some other CF parks. Has anyone else had the experience of security not allowing you to take your DSLR into the park this season? Somewhat worrisome if the reports are accurate.

^ Haven't heard of that...and this is what is currently posted on their website (standard policy with the exception of the fluffy, fluffy bunny, obviously - lol):

For safety reasons, we cannot permit on-ride photography of any kind on any ride other than the Eiffel Tower and the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad. Due to the potential for water damage, White Water Canyon, Congo Falls and Race for Your Life Charlie Brown riders should leave their cameras and other valuable items with a non-rider or in a locker. Use of camera phones or any type of photography or video recording devices is prohibited in any rest room or Soak City changing area.

Guests taking pictures or video while riding may be asked to leave the park with no refund given and a misdemeanor under O.R.C. 1711.551.