TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

edit: there is a spoiler in this.

I took part in the First rider Auction Last night. Had a great time. It was a little different than the Banshee one but that is to be expected with it being for different foundations. I ended up in 6th for fundraising just shy of the top 5 cut off who got something signed by Andy Dalton and got to ride the first train out with him. I am not sure why they only included the top 5 for that it seemed odd but I got to meet him and shake his hand so I was happy. A huge thank you! to the Andy and Jordan Dalton Foundation and Kings Island for putting this event together.

I enjoy that they themed the coaster a bit and tried to give it a story, feels better than walking up to most of the rides with just a half assed sign and a queue to get in. The coaster itself is fantastic. I have limited experience on GCI as Thunderhead is the only one I have been on. I Like Mystic Timbers better. It seemed to get more intense to me as the ride went on and felt relentless the layout seems straight forward and boring but its strong pops and twists non stop until you hit the shed. The shed I ended up liking. I enjoy a bit of comic relief. I got Total eclipse of the heart most of the time and I couldn't help but think of The Dan Band from Old School with their vulgar version every time. As far as brake runs go this is the best one I have experienced, it gives you something to look at while you wait and in the summer it wont be miserable to wait. For me either the first row or last row was the way to go and sitting on the right side seemed to throw you around a little bit more for whatever reason. The middle felt like it jostled me more. We got 8 rides in I am headed back tonight but it will be for the kids and the kids area so I am not sure when I will ride again. I am looking forward to hearing all of the reactions from the people that don't travel and only know Racer and Beast with woodies they are in for a bit of a shock.

I also got to visit my new niece that was born at a tiny 5 pounds before we headed to the event so it was an awesome day.

17884231_10210228327597007_1743243587843253979_n.thumb.jpg.a420141af61e771824d8e509e71efe71.jpg

My badge, the green sticker represents what tier you were. Green was the top tier.

17522548_10210228328797037_159514655764241854_n.jpg.f6b5da525c39b63bf7f5c33075e0cf92.jpg

As a group we managed to raise 60k

17903611_10210228327957016_1017545036884690318_n.thumb.jpg.d4595ddcc0200ab6e2fe120bb059ed62.jpg

I'm fat I like food. BBQ, Burgers< and chicken tenders to go with some sides.

17884368_10210228327557006_3930713224818153874_n.thumb.jpg.c4e27e9bb5b1fb22a6b0567b176c28fc.jpg

I'll always accept a tasty Busken cookie.

17951998_10210226829359552_3483099310421527999_n.jpg.a973f8c27bba32bdb356b58cb6ed7c32.jpg

As a fan of the Bengals and Andy this was cool for me.

17796368_10210228329277049_2526579059859811004_n.thumb.jpg.e874a9e0ca0c5c6447ef654f4ec2eab3.jpg

First train with top 5 and Andy

17903392_10210228330277074_893100106050544878_n.jpg.8c42745c3ed9b7452da2737a97a4c81d.jpg

The wife and I had a good date night away from the kids.

17884410_10210228330397077_6243141030621473502_n.jpg.24b2efdc5421ea7d52bc6f2878c8a7c3.jpg

Good night Mystic Timbers it has been fun.

Edited by Ape

Those of you who were expecting a drop track or an inversion, or giant ladies to come tickle you with feathers, re-adjust your expectations now.

But what if we were expecting a brew pub and hot wings?

The ride looks like a lot of fun, and "what's in the shed" does beat sitting on an empty brake run while waiting for the next train to load up and move.

I think that this coaster is fantastic, but it may be called "underrated" due to people still being salty over the fact it's not a giga coaster lol. However, it will still be highly regarded and could be called one of the best wooden coasters in the USA for sure! I think it has perfect pacing, sustained airtime, and great force. The shed does seem somewhat disappointing (even after facing reality of what it would be) but it's meant as a way to conclude the already themed attraction in some way. Of course it could have been handled better in one way or another, but budget was clearly a concern so I'll pass over it. I think the only thing they could add to improve it is some lights in the tunnel, and some more rust paint detailing on the front car's gate. Other than that, I think this ride is quite a fantastic addition for KI and for once I'm excited to see a wooden coaster age visually (it'll look natural for its setting)!

I hope CF keeps this quality attraction thing up!!!

This train got intercepted by the Shed monster somewhere near the 4th quarter of the ride......

Seriously the shed is pretty cool, kinda reminds me of the ending of 7 Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom where there's just something cool to look at while you sit and wait to roll into the station. Looks like a really solid coaster, can't wait to get back there in a few years.

Oh wow, nice to see what is in the shed. Were Holovis involved with the ride? They do some really good stuff, and I visited their base in England to try out some of their kit and VR things. I guess they made the projections for mystic timbers.

This train got intercepted by the Shed monster somewhere near the 4th quarter of the ride......

"The train was projected to win and carried the lead 70% of the course." Bwahaha

Looks like a hit. Glad to hear it comparing to the hier tier GCIs.

It will be a STRUGGLE to pick night rides! Beast, Diamondback, Banshee, and Bat are all excellent night rides and now you throw Timbers into the mix. I'll have to pick a midnight closing and get a fast lane to hit em all.

Great pictures from everybody that got to experience media day and the first rider auction, thank you for sharing. Say what you want about Dalton, but he does a lot of great stuff for the community.

Can't wait to experience Mystic Timbers and the rest of KI this evening for pass preview night, already put in my time to leave work early and get there right at 4.

I am leaving work early as well. This visit will be for the little ones though. We will be hanging out in Planet Snoopy and eating dinner at the park.

Enjoy. The wife and I got lucky, the grandparents offered to keep our little ones all evening. Going to be a little different being able to experience the park without 2 little ones and spending 90% of our time in Planet Snoopy.

Glad to read the good reviews of Mystic Timbers. Looking forward to riding it later this summer. When I first read what was in the shed Verbolten came to mind.

It will be a STRUGGLE to pick night rides! Beast, Diamondback, Banshee, and Bat are all excellent night rides and now you throw Timbers into the mix. I'll have to pick a midnight closing and get a fast lane to hit em all.

As for KI that is probably the best type of struggle to have. Having done Beast, Diamondback and Bat at night I'm going to have to fight how to fit Banshee and Timbers night rides in my visit.

That's great! And what a simple idea to figure out.

"Entertain the incoming train, while it's waiting to disembark."

So easy, I'm surprised a park hadn't figured it out till now.

Good going, Kings Island!

And thanks for the dramatic reveal, Robb!

Edited by Nrthwnd

As for KI that is probably the best type of struggle to have. Having done Beast, Diamondback and Bat at night I'm going to have to fight how to fit Banshee and Timbers night rides in my visit.

Same here and loved all the Beast, Diamondback (without seat belts) and Bat night rides!

Looks like I'll have to find a babysitter for my kiddos who aren't tall enough and try to sneak in a bunch of rides or see if I can get multiple days at KI soon.

Same here and loved all the Beast, Diamondback (without seat belts)

Oooohhhh. But did you ride Beast without seatbelts, headrests, no brakes and WITH buzzbars? And it was stained red? Dats what I'm talking bout. Mmmmk.

Same here and loved all the Beast, Diamondback (without seat belts)

Oooohhhh. But did you ride Beast without seatbelts, headrests, no brakes and WITH buzzbars? And it was stained red? Dats what I'm talking bout. Mmmmk.

Hmmm. I rode it back in 1995, after Memorial Day weekend.

I remember being able to actually turn my body in the seat. No head rests. A lap bar.

And that dash through the woods after the first drop ---

And then I had the good fortune for our train to stop mid-way on 2nd lift ---

My fear of heights was still not done with me, back then. Very short time. But I panicked good.

A fun ride back then.