TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I'd do it. I'm one of the weird ones that actually loves this tower, and I'm betting this'll make it even more terrifying. I'm also on the boat with wondering why they chose that name. They literally could have chosen any other name... any... really. Drop of Doom seems far too tacky to me!

I'd do it. I'm one of the weird ones that actually loves this tower, and I'm betting this'll make it even more terrifying. I'm also on the boat with wondering why they chose that name. They literally could have chosen any other name... any... really. Drop of Doom seems far too tacky to me!

I'm right there with you. It was one of my favorite rides in the park, and I'll gladly give it a go with VR. . .

But yeah, "Drop of Doom?" Really?? They couldn't come up with ANYTHING any better?? Oh. . . Wait, this is Six Flags we are talking about.

It's already a great drop tower without the VR.

Fact.

IMO one of the parks' star attractions, for sure. But I'd still take this over them putting it on Mindbender/Goliath.

Can't wait to get back to this awesome park. I'll actually be in Athens next month for my sisters wedding but won't have any time to squeeze in a visit, sadly. But next trip down (2018?) I will no doubt.

^Probably means absolutely nothing. If we're talking about the same video, the one I watched appeared to be all footage from the 70s. Georgia Cyclone opened in 1990, so you might have confused it with Scream Machine.

Are opening weekend crowds usually pretty crazy?

Honestly, I've gone opening weekend every year since 2010 and it mostly depends on the weather. If it's sunny than it's usually pretty busy for opening weekend, but if the weather isn't that nice, than not as many people come out. Operations are always iffy, especially with so many new people, but it's not the total suckfest alot of people make it out to be.

The few reviews I heard of the portable VR drop tower outside the Super Bowl were positive, so I think this is a cool idea. I just question why they put it on Acrophobia which already has an awesome gimmick with the tilting seats. After Goliath, it was probably my favorite ride during my visit last year.

Hopefully it works out well for the park, but I think I'd prefer to go without it personally.

Although I'm sure people will like it - I won't be participating

I love Acrophobia, but do suffer from pretty bad Arachnophobia. I'm scared S#*tless of spiders. Even fake cartoony or VR CGI ones just plain bother me.

Oh well- more rides on Mindbender I guess

I'll never understand why people have such an irrational fear of spiders. Seems like its such a widespread thing among people I know. I always let them live - they kill all the other bugs!

I'll never understand why people have such an irrational fear of spiders. Seems like its such a widespread thing among people I know. I always let them live - they kill all the other bugs!

I don't kill them and my rational mind knows how much good they are overall.

Then the irrational mind freaks the f&%k out and gets as far away as possible.

Still don't kill them because A: that just wouldn't feel right and B: I'd have to get close enough to do so and the spider would probably kill me.

D

I don't kill them and my rational mind knows how much good they are overall.

Then the irrational mind freaks the f&%k out and gets as far away as possible.

Still don't kill them because A: that just wouldn't feel right and B: I'd have to get close enough to do so and the spider would probably kill me.

D

LOL! We get house centipedes which are much scarier and faster than most spiders I do come across, but they too are insectivores like spiders so I have to remind myself they'll kill other bugs but I still instinctively try to kill them because the freak us the f*ck out nonetheless. Luckily we see them much less often in the new place we're at now.

Sorry guys. I think I'm past being freaked out by them. They are actually easy to kill. If you see one grab the nearest spray bottle - even if its water, hairspray, Pledge, Windex, whatever! Spray them and their legs stop working. And then...? SPLAT.

I am the master bug destroyer of our abode. Fear me.

And now back to your regularly scheduled SFOG thread.