TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme parks and coasters in the snow

I never knew Dorney could look so beautiful.

Besides not ever having to wait in lines, thats one thing I think Dorney kinda has going for it. Though I guess it is hard to say its a beautiful or charming park, but its an extremely clean, well kept park. Almost sterile in a sense.

^^I'm a little shocked they don't at least cover the train!?!? Or have it in a maintenance shed?

That's what I was thinking. Can't think of why they'd want to keep that out intentionally throughout the winter.

Can't think of why they'd want to keep that out intentionally throughout the winter.

My guess is that limited maintenance shop or storage space is the reason the train is left outside when it is not being worked on. It could have already underwent offseason maintenance program, but due to space constraints the practical step was to put it back into the station out of the way. I'm also curious why it is not covered, because of more delicate things like seat upholstery unless they use the hard foam that many parks elect to use (can't remember). However, the moisture content of the snow won't cause any significant rust or anything detrimental to PTC frames. The wood for the trains (I chuckle that PTC still uses wood) is so thickly coated in paint and clear coat that it shouldn't rot too easily, but it's still possible over time.

In the end Lake Compounce is not the first or last to leave a train outside in the snow. Heck, Cedar Point does it every year.

• 2 weeks later...