TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Does anyone know the future for this park?

I don't understand why you would even ask this. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but that is a really silly thing to ask. No one knows the future of any park except for management and corporate, and neither of those parties will be posting any future information on a roller coaster forum.

I don't understand why you would even ask this. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but that is a really silly thing to ask. No one knows the future of any park except for management and corporate, and neither of those parties will be posting any future information on a roller coaster forum.

I mean what rides is this park going to get? I mean predictions. This park is very unpredictable, at least to me.

$50 bucks and I'll tell ya anything you want.

You and Coasterbill have me laughing more or less hourly these days. Never change.

Hey! Are you joking around or do you seriously think my posts are so stupid I should just stop bc I'm new to this. I just want to know everyones thoughts on when the next two coasters (RMC Cyclone and S&S 4D Most Likely) are going to come.

$50 bucks and I'll tell ya anything you want.

You and Coasterbill have me laughing more or less hourly these days. Never change.

Hey! Are you joking around or do you seriously think my posts are so stupid I should just stop bc I'm new to this. I just want to know everyones thoughts on when the next two coasters (RMC Cyclone and S&S 4D Most Likely) are going to come.

You’re fine voyage. We’re just having a laugh because, as RollingCoasting said, no one really “knows” the future of the park. Heck, I don’t even think Six Flags knows what’s coming next sometimes. There have been numerous rumored instances in the past where rides supposedly got switched between parks just prior to announcement time. Goliath, our B&M hypercoaster at SFOG, is one example of that. It was supposedly intended for SFStl and corporate decided to send it to us instead at the last minute. I don’t have any special knowledge, but I’ve heard that rumor floated many times.

In my humble opinion, RMC Cyclone seems less likely these days. The water park at SFOG has proven quite popular in its first couple of years, so one might argue that it needs expansion more than anything at the moment. I’ve accepted that our next coaster will probably be an S&S Free Spin or whatever small clone Six Flags is high on at the time, and I could easily see it fitting into the back corner of the park where Whistlestop park used to be. The dream for me is a launched anything.

Welcome to the site though! As many will tell you, you need a healthy sense of humor around here, but it’s a great place. I laugh daily from stuff on TPR.

You’re fine voyage. We’re just having a laugh because, as RollingCoasting said, no one really “knows” the future of the park.

Welcome to the site though! As many will tell you, you need a healthy sense of humor around here, but it’s a great place. I laugh daily from stuff on TPR.

Looks like Six Flags has announced their new VR stuff.. not sure if it's coming to SFOG or not but it does look like it will be back in the Six Flags chain anyways

Not sure I like the idea of a mixed experience.. the "unknown" is what made the VR special to me when I finally got to ride it.. the mixed experience will take away the unknown.. at least the entire coaster isn't a mixed experience, looks like after the lift hill it will go to all VR

https://www.yahoo.com/news/six-flags-newest-roller-coaster-215118590.html?ref=gs

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Looks like Six Flags has announced their new VR stuff.. not sure if it's coming to SFOG or not but it does look like it will be back in the Six Flags chain anyways

Not sure I like the idea of a mixed experience.. the "unknown" is what made the VR special to me when I finally got to ride it.. the mixed experience will take away the unknown.. at least the entire coaster isn't a mixed experience, looks like after the lift hill it will go to all VR

https://www.yahoo.com/news/six-flags-newest-roller-coaster-215118590.html?ref=gs

Ya I think that earlier in the forum, someone said that VR is coming back to the park in 2017. However, on another coaster. It would presumably be on Blue Hawk, since it would probably fit the theme better than all of the other rides at the park. I know it will definitely not go to Superman (unless they get Superman VR), Batman (Unless Batman VR is introduced to multiple Six Flags parks), GASM, DDD, and Georgia Cyclone. I'm thinking it probably won't go on Scorcher since it would be weird and would affect the already slow operations. If it goes on Goliath or Mindbender, ughhhhhh. I hope it goes on Joker (superloop) lol.

When I went to Winter Warm Up, they did say it that VR will be returning, but not on DDD. They hinted around at some rides like Mindbender, Skyscreamer, Monster Mansion, Acrophobia and a few other rides. They showed a video of a guy walking around with a VR headset and looking at different rides. All they said was the ride it will be going on was in the video. I can't remember all the rides they showed but it was expressed that nobody there wanted it to go on Mindbender.

Hopefully there were more coasters on that list because if they do anything like the announcement with Samsung (and I'm sure they will) that pretty much puts the VR on mindbender. The announcement clearly has the word lift hill in it.. now I'm sure they could do something different than the corporate announcement but I don't believe they will personally.. I hope it's not on mindbender either

Why the hell would you put VR on a star flyer? I at least understand the purpose with coasters (even drop towers since there's a surprise drop and forces that could play into it) but the *only* reason to ride a 200+ foot swing is the view. That's it.

I just honestly wished they put it on Joker, the Larson looper, and call it a day. Not put it on any coaster.

Couldn't find an S&S thread so if there is a more appropriate place to put this please move.

I'm curious to see what all the "Larson Loops aren't coasters" whiners will have to say about this new S&S concept.

[youtu_be]https://youtu.be/ZSHiubQ8_CA[/youtu_be]

I honestly (hope Six Flags ordered these and they probably have) think these are better than Free Spins. This would fill the launch and wing coaster gap at this park.

Why the hell would you put VR on a star flyer? I at least understand the purpose with coasters (even drop towers since there's a surprise drop and forces that could play into it) but the *only* reason to ride a 200+ foot swing is the view. That's it.

I just honestly wished they put it on Joker, the Larson looper, and call it a day. Not put it on any coaster.

I know a lot of folks on here hate the looper but it's actually a very popular ride in the park that really needs a longer line (lines always full) and people always seem to have a blast on it.. I don't think the VR would be very fun on it..

Honestly, I like the VR and think it's neat.. I like VR in general though.. Six Flags Over GA just needs to find a better way to use the VR.. putting it on a coaster that has much better capacity would be a start then having more Ops to facilitate it would help.. They should have at least two full trians of folks ready to board at all times ( the boarding train and a standby).. I know that's a lot of headsets but this is what will keep the lines down!

I know they are also worried about people stealing the headsets but if they have a controlled environment and the staff, that shouldn't be an issue.. coasters NORMALLY only have one way in and one way out! Hahaha

Implemented correctly and VR is a great thing.. if you don't like it, just pass on the headset.. if it's implemented correctly, it shouldn't hurt wait times.

I could actually see it working out okay on Superman if they used both platforms - one for VR and one for none. That might actually make sense.

My vote is to move it to [the trash cans] Blue Hawk. It actually would have fit in somewhat nicely with the retheme. And there is never really that much of a line for it anyways. And I never really have a burning desire to ride Blue Hawk regardless so nothing is lost.

Lord have mercy don't move it to Goliath or Mindbender.

I think it would make sense at Superman with the dual station, and there is a good chance that will happen.

My only disappointment with this is that we won't get to see Superman operate in all of its three train glory. Also, I'm sure the VR line would back up beyond the queue split for the two stations, so in the end everyone would be stuck waiting with the VR people while the non-VR is under-filled. They would probably need a longer separate queue for VR. Maybe they could run a temporary railing splitting the queue into two, but I don't know if that would fit.

ideally, VR would be reservation only through Flash Pass entry. That would still back up non-VR Flash Pass users though.

If it goes to Blue Hawk, I could see that working if they are running both trains. Expect super slow ops though. Also, the line was decently long during a few of my visits last season, especially with one train ops. VR ops would probably be lower hourly capacity than one train non-VR, so the line could easily still get VERY long.

So essentially... VR is a bad idea on every coaster in the park (unless they did a reservation system and only applied VR part of the day)

I could actually see it working out okay on Superman if they used both platforms - one for VR and one for none. That might actually make sense.

My vote is to move it to [the trash cans] Blue Hawk. It actually would have fit in somewhat nicely with the retheme. And there is never really that much of a line for it anyways. And I never really have a burning desire to ride Blue Hawk regardless so nothing is lost.

I thought Blue Hawk would be better than Ninja. Can't be worse.

I thought Blue Hawk would be better than Ninja. Can't be worse.

It's much better