Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Page 31 - Our final days at Tokyo Disney!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Robb & Elissa in Asia - 2016!

Postby laqueefa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:35 am

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Tear out the original and give us this version here in California. I can only hope the Storm Trooper ride in the upcoming Star Wars land will be as impressive as this version of Pirates. Fingers crossed!
Tigga, please!

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:06 am

Definitely the most visually impressive ride I've been on. Still remember on opening day basically everybody in the boat went "holy sh!t" when the first giant screen appeared.

When I was there on December 22nd and 23rd, the water effect when David Jones' boat crosses in front of the ride vehicle was off. Was it turned off when you were there too?

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:51 am

robbalvey wrote:^ Thanks! I'm honestly shocked NOBODY commented on that Pirates video! That is seriously one of the best Disney attractions ever made and *crickets*....

weird.

So was I. This ride looks incredible--great mix of animatronics, physical sets, and projections, coupled with a cool ride system.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:43 am

That pirates ride looks absolutely incredible, I always thought the old rides didn't do the new movies justice but that's not the case with this thing, wow.

Also, I may have mentioned it in another thread or on socials somewhere but I can see this type of technology being utilized for one of the new star wars attractions. The mix of live animatronics, physical sets, and digital media environments, just change the boat into some kind of ship and the under water scenes to outer space and you've got a heck of a ride. Oh and add in like 4000 animatronic storm troopers.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:15 am

We watched the Pirates video last night and were very impressed. This and the Tron coaster have caused my 9-year-old to want to go to China.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:12 pm

gerstlaueringvar wrote:When I was there on December 22nd and 23rd, the water effect when David Jones' boat crosses in front of the ride vehicle was off. Was it turned off when you were there too?

I felt it the very first ride I took on it, but then was told they turned it off since it was cold out.

Postby viking86 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:37 pm

Just watching the video of this ride blows my mind! I can only imagine how great it must be in real life!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby laqueefa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:48 pm

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Definitely the most visually impressive ride I've been on. Still remember on opening day basically everybody in the boat went "holy sh!t" when the first giant screen appeared.

I've been waiting for a TPR video of the ride since it opened. All the ones from opening day ruined it for me because no one knew how to take a picture without a flash!
Tigga, please!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:05 pm

The way it all unfolds, visually and technically, I can only imagine that none of the current
show buildings that house the other Pirates' Rides in the other Magic Kingdoms will work for this
size of a production.

It all looks just too epic. And that's an AWESOME thing!
Great video, Robb! :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:53 pm

So if you remember from our last year's Japan trip report we went to Tokyo's "Kidzania" for the first time and Kristen absolutely LOVED it! So much so that we decided to go back this visit! To describe Kidzania, it's a heavily themed miniature "city" where a kid can be anything. They can have fun learning real-life careers in this unique theme park! It's amazing! Here's some photos...

We have arrived early for KidZania greeted by a long but efficient, quick-moving and orderly line! This is why we love Japan!

At KidZania a kid can be anything. They can have fun learning real-life careers in this unique theme park! It's amazing!

Kidzania is a very well themed indoor park with an amazing variety of activities for kids!

When the park opens the staff greets everyone with a song and dance! It's so Japanese and it makes me so happy!

Kristen is going to try her hand at being a fire fighter! They suit up, get in a truck, and go put out the fire!

Kristen even got to ride in the front of the fire truck and announce on the speaker the fire truck was coming! lol

The amount of different "jobs" that kids can do is just amazing! Did we mention it's also adorable as well?

Next they are having Kristen do the English parts of the Japanese radio broadcast! This is amazing!

They actually gave her a CD of her radio broadcast, too!

Here is an overview of just a part of KidZania to give you an idea of how big the place is!

At KidZania, the kids earn money at their jobs, then need to go to the bank, and then they spend the money shopping!

Kristen totally just made a hamburger! And like, a REAL burger that she got to take with her!

Everything from being a cheerleader to professional sports to research/development to auto mechanic! All kids career activities at Kidzania.

We just got our boarding pass for KidZania Airlines! Let's see what the service is like on this flight! ;)

We have boarded our plane at KidZania and so far the cabin crew are pretty decent!

My favorite part about Kristen doing @KidZania_T is they teach her a proper Japanese bow!

These kids are going to go deliver packages all around KidZania!

There's several different jobs to choose from on the Metro. Train driver, track repair, train repair. Kristen is going to drive!

And because every city needs transportation, kids can rent cars, repair cars or work in the gas station!

I mean, how can a place where you can learn how to make sausage not be cool?

After this, Kristen is ready for Hell's Kitchen!

We seriously like KidZania better than many theme parks! It's intelligent, well themed, a great overall experience. Had a wonderful day!

Yakitori may be the most perfect food ever invented. Need more scientific study...

It wouldn't be a trip to Japan without a Shibuya Crossing video!

CLICK HERE FOR SEGA JOYPOLIS PHOTOS!
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:22 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!