Dubai Parks & Resorts Discussion Thread! Motiongate, Lego...

P. 15 - Dragon Gliders POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Motiongate Dubai Discussion Thread - Dubai Parks & Resor

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:49 am

We were invited out for the Motiongate grand opening media event! Since we were out in Asia during this event, and the park had offered to fly us out, we couldn't pass up on that so we sent Jack Crouse and his camera and here are some of the amazing photos he came back with! Here's the first set of photos, and we do have more to post soon!

0W8A7222-Edit.jpg

0W8A7239.jpg

0W8A7244.jpg

0W8A7273.jpg

0W8A7286.jpg

0W8A7431.jpg

0W8A7426.jpg

0W8A7416.jpg

0W8A7382.jpg

0W8A7405.jpg

0W8A7407.jpg

0W8A7404.jpg

0W8A7391.jpg

0W8A7436.jpg

0W8A7233.jpg

0W8A7496.jpg

0W8A7301.jpg

0W8A7573.jpg

0W8A7564.jpg

0W8A7579.jpg

0W8A7593.jpg

0W8A7523.jpg

0W8A7537-Edit-Edit.jpg

0W8A7549.jpg

0W8A7594.jpg

0W8A7228-Edit.jpg

0W8A7490.jpg

POST YOUR COMMENTS! Tell us what you think of the photos so far...

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Re: Dubai Parks & Resorts Discussion Thread! Motiongate, Leg

Postby dubaidave » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:02 am

Cracking photos. It's a great park. Even better now that part of dreamworks is open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:06 am

Jack delivers once again, those are some awesome shots!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:59 am

Jack's photos are excellent, and it looks like they really went all out on theming this park. Looking forward to seeing more.

I Love Donkeys!

Re: Motiongate Dubai Discussion Thread - Dubai Parks & Resor

Postby tubs023 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:10 am

meryll83 wrote:Any news on when 1 day tickets will be on sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Through Feb. 11 Dubai parks is offering a deal where one can enter all three parks for the price of one. Those three parks are Bollywood, Motiongate and Lego Land....I believe the price is 295 dirhams which is around 80 dollars give or take a few...

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby 1aflack » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:41 am

Honestly whilst the park looks nice the rides seem to be honest very ordinary (obviously not sure what the Dreamworks rides are yet). $80 to visit the 3 parks in a good deal but I wouldn't pay $80 to visit just the one. It will be interesting to see what the WBMW park does in Abu Dhabi because after visiting Ferrari World and Yas waterworld I think I would rather spend my holiday money there. But I agree the theming does look very nice.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby blk_mamba » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:10 am

Motiongate is still under construction, but I like what I see so far. Being objective I think the parks is not at Disney level, however it is certainly Universal level (absent the Harry Potter stuff); and it is clear the park is aspiring to be better than America regional parks. That is a good place to start for year one of the park! I feel like by 2019-20 this park and it's sister parks could become a big tourist destination!

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby dubaidave » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:48 am

SO. I visited Motiongate again today. I only had 3 hours and have to say the park is coming along very nicely.
First off. Madagascar Mad Pursuit was running amazingly well. There are no inversions but a nice animatronic scene followed by a fast launch and some amazing airtime. Since my last visit a lot of the show elements have been improves and the who ride is full of props that light up and near misses with all manor of objects. The ride was always amazing but the addition of the show elements really turns this into a world beating ride.
I won’t give too much away but its easily the best ride in the park at the moment.
The Ghost Busters block party was as camp and amazing as ever. Even withy the B team performing today to around 20 people they still put everything i not it. Its a total must see if visiting the park.
Smurfs Studio Tour was running well today with several new effects working although some lighting effects still didn’t work properly.
Ghostbusters was running well and the guns seemed quite accurate now.
Hotel Transylvania was running ok although some of the physical effects weren’t working, although several new lighting effects were.
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs was testing with all the rafts running without water dummys and ,looking from the Zombieland Blast Off Tower the ride seems larger than I had thought. On that note. the tower is still very good, with a very well themed que and a ride that provides and amazing pop of airtime and very comfy seats! and yes, its an s and s
I didn’t do much else today other than take photos.
I did go to the Step up dubai all in show. Although the performance was stunning as always it still suffers from poor attendance and far too loud sound. This is clearly because the level is set to a fuller auditorium but with the public being made to sit in the front section close to the speakers i heard several people including me complaining about the loudness.
I had lunch at Baby Brents Luncheonette. the 2 slices of pizza I had were very good and reasonable. Although the tiramisu was ok, but the price AED 29 the same as my 2 large slices of Pizza was ridiculass.
overall it was a great davit was very quiet as I was there early on a weekday. One last mention has to go to the am,gazing staff. Everyone, including the guy sweeping trash, asked my how my day was going!

Enjoy the pics. I did take lots. The first few are of Riverland Dubai.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby LeoBruz199 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:06 am

The park is so beautiful...!

It's such a shame that Dubai is too expensive, because I'd give anything to be able to go back!
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby MagicAngel94 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:54 am

What are the buses used for?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!