TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I believe opening day is the weekend of the 14th/15th this year.

Opening day is on the 15th which means the pass preview night should be on the 14th.

Don't they usually close on the fist Sunday for a buyout?

Typically yes they do, this year I am assuming Friday the 14th will be the pass preview night, with opening day on Saturday the 15th and then closed on Sunday the 16th.

Already have my countdown and babysitter in place for the 14th and 15th.

Well since this was brought up be others and now i wont sound like such a Negative Nancy,I'm not a fan of curved swaying drops either. Curved drops like that take away that awesome feelings you get from a classic drop. You dont get that awesome stomach drop feeling. You dont get the sensation of free falling. You dont get air time. You just dont get that "omg im gonna diiiieeeee!!" rush! Thats why I dont get why Boulder Dash for example is such a big hit. I never been there but i seen POVs and noticed it doesnt really have "real" drops just mostly curved ones. To me there is no way i can see a coaster like that beating an awesome coaster like El Toro! I mean I never been on BD or El Toro but from the looks of it I can see El Toro making BD look like a sunday drive...Also what I don't get is when people actually scream on curved drops.

Well since this was brought up be others and now i wont sound like such a Negative Nancy,I'm not a fan of curved swaying drops either. Curved drops like that take away that awesome feelings you get from a classic drop. You dont get that awesome stomach drop feeling. You dont get the sensation of free falling. You dont get air time. You just dont get that "omg im gonna diiiieeeee!!" rush! Thats why I dont get why Boulder Dash for example is such a big hit. I never been there but i seen POVs and noticed it doesnt really have "real" drops just mostly curved ones. To me there is no way i can see a coaster like that beating an awesome coaster like El Toro! I mean I never been on BD or El Toro but from the looks of it I can see El Toro making BD look like a sunday drive...Also what I don't get is when people actually scream on curved drops.

Well, all I can say is get out there and ride it because it gives every wood coaster on the planet a run for its money. Boulder Dash is probably the most out of control feeling you will ever get on a roller coaster. It is mayhem from start to finish.

Thats why I dont get why Boulder Dash for example is such a big hit. I never been there but i seen POVs and noticed it doesnt really have "real" drops just mostly curved ones. To me there is no way i can see a coaster like that beating an awesome coaster like El Toro! I mean I never been on BD or El Toro but from the looks of it I can see El Toro making BD look like a sunday drive...Also what I don't get is when people actually scream on curved drops.

El Toro used to be my number one coaster. A day later, I rode Boulder Dash... And then I had a new number one! The POV's don't do it justice. Every hill is filled with airtime, every curve throws you, it's an insane ride. It never, ever lets up and keeps its pacing the entire ride.

I'm really looking forward to this! I have no problem with parks reinforcing their wooden coaster collections -- no one says "meh, too many woodies" about Holiday World or Kennywood. I'm glad that KI is adding to its legacy in that department without feeling like it must retry out-Beasting Beast.

Edited by Samuel

Not bashing anything, but why not use the valley more?

Its currently a reservoir for the neighboring White Water Canyon. It is currently drained and will probably fill back up to where you wont see the cylindrical concrete supports. Should be a cool moment in the ride. I believe you can see what I'm talking about in the offical POV here.