TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^Wild Mice are terrible with capacity, but Maverick's capacity is actually fairly descent. I always remember the lines moving at a fairly descent speed. Considering that there is less than a minute of track between the first two blocks, a minute between three car trains is still better than most major corporate parks can do.

^I can't see Cedar Fair ever inviting coaster clubs to media days ever again.

Is there a story I missed?

I've been wondering for awhile now if the "golden age" of coaster groups will slip away... Some parks still bend over backwards to cater to enthusiasts during events, but how much do they get back from that? Some of us leave them good reviews and give them some minor publicity, but I know its a hassle, and there's always something or someone that makes the group look bad somehow.

^I can't see Cedar Fair ever inviting coaster clubs to media days ever again.

Is there a story I missed?

I've been wondering for awhile now if the "golden age" of coaster groups will slip away... Some parks still bend over backwards to cater to enthusiasts during events, but how much do they get back from that? Some of us leave them good reviews and give them some minor publicity, but I know its a hassle, and there's always something or someone that makes the group look bad somehow.

Nothing specific, just there were way more coaster nerds than actual media. It couldn't have been cheap to feed us all breakfast and lunch. Plus the "entitled" attitude of many enthusiasts I'm sure didn't sit too well. I'd expect a casting call to fill seats for future media days, and that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all, happy new years!

Quick question please, I'm in very early stages of planning a Spring Break trip for the family up to KI and possibly Kentucky Kingdom and after looking on the KI website the 2017 dates/hours isn't posted yet?

Can anyone tell me if historically KI has been open the week of April 10-14 or on either side of the weekend.

Thanks so much, will be our first time there, really looking forward to it.

Am I the only one who thinks this is absolutely beautiful?

You're definitely not the only one. I love snowy roller coaster scenes and I love curving GCI drops.

Not gonna lie, I was kind of surprised to see Invadr have a straight drop. Seems out of GCI's norm...