TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How do you deal with haters?

Mr. Corn

I have the urge to beat my head against the table every time I see a comment like "shouldn't he be spending more time with his family"

My family will tell you that they probably think I spend TOO MUCH time with them! lol Seriously, that's one of the benefits about having your own company and working from home. As a family we hang out ALL THE TIME, probably more than most families spend together. But again, these are just "made up" comments that people will say to make them feel better about themselves. And it's all pretty hilarious to me.

Wow somehow I missed this. I can never not find it mindblowing people have the time and energy to create sites, groups, etc to sit online just to hate something else. Its obvious from their posts and tone they are just negative people in general that need to hate to make themselves feel better. Which is crazy in a hobby like this that's about having fun.

Thanks for sharing, its truly entertaining (and honestly very very sad).

Just keep doing your thing Robb...

"Nerd Culture" has a downside and this is a perfect showcase of that crap... It's amazing how the internet has allowed these people a soapbox over the last 10-12 years.... Just keep letting the haters hate. Jealousy is a wonderful thing to observe from afar

Robb, have you given any thought to recording a series of Kimmelesque "Mean Tweets" parodies featuring some of their comments? Seems like the sort of thing that would go viral fairly quickly!

I totally support this, although I doubt much of the content would be "PG-13", haha. I missed the note about the bus as well...the comments people have made are ridiculous and delusional. Having spent 10+ hours on a bus with other TPR members in Texas, I'd happily be on a stolen bus you guys! Snack time, bingo, quality video, jokes..

Robb, have you given any thought to recording a series of Kimmelesque "Mean Tweets" parodies featuring some of their comments? Seems like the sort of thing that would go viral fairly quickly!

I totally support this, although I doubt much of the content would be "PG-13", haha. I missed the note about the bus as well...the comments people have made are ridiculous and delusional. Having spent 10+ hours on a bus with other TPR members in Texas, I'd happily be on a stolen bus you guys! Snack time, bingo, quality video, jokes..

I would love to see that. Get all his main people together and read dumb hate comments. My page already has enough of those, and we're only about 9 parodies in lol

Simple problem, simple solution. Just have any curse words bleeped out. Often when bleeped words come really quickly one after the other, it adds to the funny factor!

That's completely subjective, but IMO, it does make it funnier.

Just look at the censored version of the "F-word" scene from South Park for example. I found it funnier than the original. Somehow.

Either way, I'm all for this, Robb! Go for it!

I find it funny that people are willing to waste their time trying to offend someone who doesn't care one bit.

This is quite true. I honestly give zero f**ks about what these people say about me. Hasn't stopped TPR from being the most successful theme park site in the world one bit!

This thread is better than "mean tweets." No need for Robb to bother reading their dumb quotes when they are all right here for us!

I don't think I have any interest in doing something like that. If I'm going to waste my time with any of this, I'd much rather just laugh at certain specific posts. For example this one I saw posted....

843773826_ScreenShot2016-10-26at10_54_17.png.415af4c63362ea0bc84066b3ca2ddb37.png

So I have no idea what this person is talking about. I've never heard of "Roller Coaster Expedition" and from what I can tell, the only correspondence I've had with him is when the dude bought some DVDs from us in 2012. His account on the forum is still active today and never has been banned. Zero clue what he's going on about, but hey, if this is what he wants to believe, not gonna break someone of their weird little fantasy. Whatever makes people happy.

Edited by robbalvey

I'm a few days late to the party, but this thread is absolutely hilarious. ALl of this with the knowledge that Robb and I have talked about our mutual disdain for other people. Truly hilarious.

If I'm ever feeling down about myself, I just remember that people like this exist. Makes me feel better about myself (but worried for humanity )

As for the original post, try to ignore as much as you can. There will always be haters who are jealous of your success. I'm a firm believer in karma, and it'll get them eventually. Take the high road and be the better man.

Fun read! There will always be people out there not happy they can't do things that others can.

I will admit I am jealous that I cannot travel like you, Robb! BUT, I am not going to start things because of it. It's great that people can get out that much! I see things here that end of on bucket list. I love the content of this site!

Keep up the great work!

Fun read! There will always be people out there not happy they can't do things that others can.

I will admit I am jealous that I cannot travel like you, Robb! BUT, I am not going to start things because of it. It's great that people can get out that much! I see things here that end of on bucket list. I love the content of this site!

Keep up the great work!

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks again Robb for putting up with all this $h!t. Definitely a funny time reading some of the ridiculousness and continued backlash at your success.

I appreciate living vicariously through you since I'm limited in how much I can travel after 5 kids...

(but still hope some day to get back to Japan with TPR or on my own adventure)

Figured I finally should post with the holidays coming up to boost morale and keep others smiling especially with the year ending and more people will find time to bash you or continue to post random crap thinking you've got time for it.

-Hoppy

• 1 month later...
Again, people can make fun of my appearance as much as they want. That still won't change the fact that we are very successful on social media, have a great life, a wonderful family, and we enjoy what we do.

I was re-reading your posts and exactly THIS is the problem for some. They simply can't stand to see someone is having the life they are wishing for. If they don't like TPR for that they should just stay way. Nobody is forcing them to stay engaged. Something to do with respect.

Also, some just need to get laid more I guess

• 2 months later...

I really love the Youtube videos and the comment that come with them. An interesting thing about it would be that many of the good followers - great members - actually help to return them to their place, so to speak.

That post about Millennium Force at Cedar Point was genius. But there were still people asking what park it was 8P

Still love your "Whee" and "Twisty" and "We're on a lift hill. We're on a lift hill." Too much fun reading the comments on those statements. I should point out that I joined, the first time, after watching Hair Raiser at Ocean Park Hong Kong. This looked like a family I wanted to be with.

So thanks for the entertainment!

• 2 weeks later...