How do you deal with haters?

I need some tips
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: How do you deal with haters?

Postby Hoppy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:02 pm

Thanks again Robb for putting up with all this $h!t. Definitely a funny time reading some of the ridiculousness and continued backlash at your success.

I appreciate living vicariously through you since I'm limited in how much I can travel after 5 kids...
(but still hope some day to get back to Japan with TPR or on my own adventure)

Figured I finally should post with the holidays coming up to boost morale and keep others smiling especially with the year ending and more people will find time to bash you or continue to post random crap thinking you've got time for it.

-Hoppy
Roller Coasters, Fireworks, and Kobe Beef, oh my!

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:10 pm

That T-Shirt you have is so funny! Bann Robb!!!! Lol! Make sure it does not get into somebodies hands, they may burn it, if you know what I mean! :lmao:
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby ItsMe » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:05 am

Again, people can make fun of my appearance as much as they want. That still won't change the fact that we are very successful on social media, have a great life, a wonderful family, and we enjoy what we do.

I was re-reading your posts and exactly THIS is the problem for some. They simply can't stand to see someone is having the life they are wishing for. If they don't like TPR for that they should just stay way. Nobody is forcing them to stay engaged. Something to do with respect.

Also, some just need to get laid more I guess :b
English is not my native language. Sorry :angel:

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby SmokiesFriend » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:49 pm

I really love the Youtube videos and the comment that come with them. An interesting thing about it would be that many of the good followers - great members - actually help to return them to their place, so to speak.

That post about Millennium Force at Cedar Point was genius. But there were still people asking what park it was 8P

Still love your "Whee" and "Twisty" and "We're on a lift hill. We're on a lift hill." Too much fun reading the comments on those statements. I should point out that I joined, the first time, after watching Hair Raiser at Ocean Park Hong Kong. This looked like a family I wanted to be with.

So thanks for the entertainment!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/2114e6855e686011e3b04e3722e482b0.jpg[/img][/url]

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby joelwee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Robb's replies to snarky comments on his videos are just as entertaining as the videos themselves.
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:07 pm

joelwee wrote:Robb's replies to snarky comments on his videos are just as entertaining as the videos themselves.

Thank you! We try! :)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:11 pm

joelwee wrote:Robb's replies to snarky comments on his videos are just as entertaining as the videos themselves.

The funny thing is, and no matter how many times we will say it to people, we really *HONESTLY* don't care what they say. So many people think that by coming on our FB page or YouTube Channel and making some horrible comment about the commentary or the content of the video, we'll stop what we are doing, take their thoughts into consideration, and then radically change how we produce videos. PEOPLE *ACTUALLY* BELIEVE THIS!!! lol

And we can't get it through people's heads enough that we seriously do not care. They can go post negatively on every single video we have (and someone has actually done this before to all two thousand of our YouTube videos), thumbs down the video as much as they'd like, or (and this one is my favorite) threaten to unsubscribe or unlike our page.

They can do all of that...

WE REALLY DO NOT CARE!!! LMAO!

None of that affects our page or the channel or how we produce our content in the slightest.

In short - Humans entertain me! :lol: :lmao: :lol:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:19 pm

Oh, and one more thing...

Hey look! We just got invited to the Hersheypark Triple Tower preview event!!! :lol: :lmao: :lol:
Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 15.19.51.png

Should be a great event! :p

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:56 pm

^You're not banned from Hersheypark? Aw, man, and I had 50 bucks down on banned! :lol:

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby JJLehto » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:19 pm

robbalvey wrote:

The funny thing is, and no matter how many times we will say it to people, we really *HONESTLY* don't care what they say. So many people think that by coming on our FB page or YouTube Channel and making some horrible comment about the commentary or the content of the video, we'll stop what we are doing, take their thoughts into consideration, and then radically change how we produce videos. PEOPLE *ACTUALLY* BELIEVE THIS!!! lol

And we can't get it through people's heads enough that we seriously do not care. They can go post negatively on every single video we have (and someone has actually done this before to all two thousand of our YouTube videos), thumbs down the video as much as they'd like, or (and this one is my favorite) threaten to unsubscribe or unlike our page.

They can do all of that...

WE REALLY DO NOT CARE!!! LMAO!

None of that affects our page or the channel or how we produce our content in the slightest.

In short - Humans entertain me! :lol: :lmao: :lol:

That's always how it is. People think they are "winning" when you respond, that they are these master trolls or the joke is on you but they never realize that whenever we respond, it's funny to us...the joke is on them and you go about your business while people apparently rage at the thought of you every day.
And years later, people are still this angry? Yikes, I've gotten over painful relationships in shorter time than these folk.

Down vote/comment every single video. And I thought I had no life :lmao:
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast
2018 Parks: (new) Busch Gardens Tampa, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Cedar Point, Kennywood

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Alvey